Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
    Does anyone remember why Gregg Marshall isn’t still our Coach?
    yes, he beat the **** out of our players both verbally and physically. any questions?
    "Say it slowly and savor it..."
    Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post

yes, he beat the **** out of our players both verbally and physically. any questions?
      Talk about an exaggeration even based on unproven allegations.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Talk about an exaggeration even based on unproven allegations.
          When over 30 players/staff members corroborate something, I tend to believe them. Including players that ANY of you would grovel at the feet over if you saw in public.

Let's revisit the video of the exhibition in Canada....if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....
          "Say it slowly and savor it..."
          Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

When over 30 players/staff members corroborate something, I tend to believe them. Including players that ANY of you would grovel at the feet over if you saw in public.

Let's revisit the video of the exhibition in Canada....if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....
            I've never seen anyone corroborate any of it. Everything I've seen or heard said was speculation or based off of hearsay. The alleged "punch" was said to have happened outside of the site of the team/players/coaches/staff after Shaq and 3G left the gym. That's from direct quotes from a couple of players in the past. Now you're claiming that it happened in front of everyone and those players previously lied about it? Do I believe he beat the **** out of players? Absolutely not. Do I believe he punched Shaq? No. And I've never seen/heard anything that supports that other than Shaq said. Do I believe he smacked Shaq in the back of the head after he was being a dumbass and could have hurt one of his teammates? That's believable.

Also, I wouldn't grovel over any player, past or present, if I saw them in the street. Your level of hero worship is sad.

I've never had a major issue with the Canada incident. Was it a good look? No. Did he have every reason to be pissed that his team was physically being abused and the refs weren't doing anything about it? Absolutely. It showed how much he cared about his guys and he had their backs. All in all, I appreciated that.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Why Marshall is gone is really pretty simple. None of us ever saw the report from the investigators, so none of us know what testimony ws given under oath in privacy. What we know is what was said pubicly, and the two of those can be VASTLT different.

The settlement is the only public evidence of what actually happened. If there is only hearsay evidence that Marshall hit a player or choked an assistant, and if those allegations could not be corroborated under oath, then Marshall walks away with $15 mill - not $7+ mill. That difference in the settlement indicates those "allegations" were corroborated in the private sworn testimony. The fact those "allegations" were not corroborated in public statements doesan't mean it may not have happened.

So, why did Marshall get anything? The settlement seems to indicate that negotiations indicated both parties were about equally liable for the problem. Marshall for abuse and WSU for knowing about it and allowing it to continue without consequences.

If there wasn't credible evidence that both sides made mistakes, then the settlement would have been different.

Then throw in that Boatright knew that either he or Marshall was gone and knew that Golden wanted Marshall gone and we end up with the disaster that an incompetent AD created and then tried to save his own job at the expense of the basketball program.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerlady View Post
                Ok so it's just me in general. Nice to know.
                Dear lord we need to give you a 64 pack of crayons and have you go eat them for lunch in the corner.

Comment

• If one player from that team would have come forward and said... "This is not an accurate depiction of what happened" Gregg Marshall would still be our coach. That player would have been celebrated in the community for standing up for his coach.

Not one player did - Not one. No assistants. No one stood up for him from that group. Said something to me at the time.

I think it spoke volumes that other players from earlier in his career did, but none did from that time.

Comment

Were you there?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Either you have an agenda or don't understand what "corroborate" actually mean. If there was evidence that that actually corroborated lazy boys allegations - WSU would not be paying GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                        If one player from that team would have come forward and said... "This is not an accurate depiction of what happened" Gregg Marshall would still be our coach. That player would have been celebrated in the community for standing up for his coach.

Not one player did - Not one. No assistants. No one stood up for him from that group. Said something to me at the time.

I think it spoke volumes that other players from earlier in his career did, but none did from that time.
                        1- noone was there to witness.
                        2- We had TP there to fuel any fire to the team, with dads assist.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          Why Marshall is gone is really pretty simple. None of us ever saw the report from the investigators, so none of us know what testimony ws given under oath in privacy. What we know is what was said pubicly, and the two of those can be VASTLT different.

The settlement is the only public evidence of what actually happened. If there is only hearsay evidence that Marshall hit a player or choked an assistant, and if those allegations could not be corroborated under oath, then Marshall walks away with $15 mill - not $7+ mill. That difference in the settlement indicates those "allegations" were corroborated in the private sworn testimony. The fact those "allegations" were not corroborated in public statements doesan't mean it may not have happened.

So, why did Marshall get anything? The settlement seems to indicate that negotiations indicated both parties were about equally liable for the problem. Marshall for abuse and WSU for knowing about it and allowing it to continue without consequences.

If there wasn't credible evidence that both sides made mistakes, then the settlement would have been different.

Then throw in that Boatright knew that either he or Marshall was gone and knew that Golden wanted Marshall gone and we end up with the disaster that an incompetent AD created and then tried to save his own job at the expense of the basketball program.
                          This ... neither side walks away from 7+ million dollars if they feel the other side doesn't have a case. Both were likely found liable in the investigation and neither side wanted the investigation to go public (which would have likely happened if it went to court)

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Either you have an agenda or don't understand what "corroborate" actually mean. If there was evidence that that actually corroborated lazy boys allegations - WSU would not be paying GGG.
                            If there wasn't evidence, he would have got his full buy-out.

Look, no Wichita State player, from that team, stood up for him. There was a, confirmed, players meeting, ran by FVV, where the locker room said they would not play unless he acknowledged what he did and apologized. All the players that transferred out, at the time, got an immediate waiver to play at their new school. Multiple sources confirmed they saw him choke an assistant coach. There were multiple eye-witnesses of him trying to fight an athlete from another sport because they parked in his parking spot.

It can be true that Marshall did all of these things, that the school knew about it and did nothing, and also that all of these events lead to a downward spiral of the program. The players can also credit Marshall with their success, the success of the program, and their personal growth, and still acknowledge that he did something wrong. It is likely that the athletic department knew about all these incidents, didn't do anything about it, and because of that could not fire him without paying him. If there was no evidence that suggested the allegations were true, he would be getting paid his entire buy-out, and not half of it. His attorneys would not have let him agree to that.

All the "were you there!" comments are hilarious because none of us were there. You cannot possibly come to the conclusion that he didn't do it for the same reason that I can't say for certain that he did. But, all evidence points to the fact that he did it, the school didn't do anything about it, and then he refused to take accountability for it.

Comment

• So is Mills on the hot seat or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                So is Mills on the hot seat or not?
                                Mills sucks
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X