Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    When you say "How bad do you want it Wichita?" I am not sure who exactly you are referring to. I do agree that the wealth does exist to deal with this situation if the motivation exists.
    There is an absolute OCEAN of resources in this town, but as you alluded to, the motivation must be there.

We saw what happened when Wichita State got on the national scene for a few years. Funds were rolling in from everywhere. And we beat down the SEC - offering our coach a TOP-10 salary. Think about that for a moment. Wichita State paid their coach $3.5M dollars. We have an ocean of resources at our fingertips, but the custodian of those resources are living, breathing, emotional beings..... and they are PISSED.

Like me.

We have maybe one more chance to get this right. We need Bardo-esque style leadership. We need vision. We need PASSION. We need a sharp, intelligent-looking/sounding man (or woman...) to look Shocker Nation straight in the eye and say, "Not on my watch.. not on my watch is this proud programing going to sink. We WILL rise again. And it will happen sooner rather than later."

THEN, we need accountability. And that means getting out in the media often and telling us all the great things you are accomplishing.

I still can't believe we entrusted EVERYTHING to an amateur asshole like ButtLip. I raised my eyebrows when he quietly slipped into his position when nobody was looking. Then I was screaming from the mountaintops when this wanker showed his WEAK-ASS hand with the impotent Mini-B.

Comment

• Actually, I wasn't even considering football. But UTSA may actually have a better chance of leaving down the road because of football. Same with USF. They've actually been more seriously considered in the past by conferences like the XII than Memphis has. Outside of Memphis fans and you, Memphis isn't near as attractive to other conferences. They have some history. They have some money. But they've shown very little ability to truly be relevant. Especially come March, and that's been the case for quite some time.

Rice and Tulane have both also gotten some serious looks, according to reports, over the last decade and both may be considered before Memphis down the road in any future conference movement. Great schools in fantastic markets. Tulane has showed some athletic life at times in both major sports. Rice has all the money in the world to compete and I believe had a pretty solid football season.

I'm not saying Memphis sucks, but they really aren't nearly as attractive to other conferences as you seem to think.

Outside of a little run with Coach Cal 15-20 years ago, they haven't done much since Penny played (30 years ago).
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Actually, I wasn't even considering football. But UTSA may actually have a better chance of leaving down the road because of football. Same with USF. They've actually been more seriously considered in the past by conferences like the XII than Memphis has. Outside of Memphis fans and you, Memphis isn't near as attractive to other conferences. They have some history. They have some money. But they've shown very little ability to truly be relevant. Especially come March, and that's been the case for quite some time.

Rice and Tulane have both also gotten some serious looks, according to reports, over the last decade and both may be considered before Memphis down the road in any future conference movement. Great schools in fantastic markets. Tulane has showed some athletic life at times in both major sports. Rice has all the money in the world to compete and I believe had a pretty solid football season.

I'm not saying Memphis sucks, but they really aren't nearly as attractive to other conferences as you seem to think.

Outside of a little run with Coach Cal 15-20 years ago, they haven't done much since Penny played (30 years ago).
        Everybody in the AAC that was worth anything to a major conference got pulled. SMU and Memphis were the leftovers. SMU showed BIG BALLS and did what was necessary to escape. Memphis is kicking itself that it didn't do the same, just sooner. They won't get caught with the wallet closed next time. Memphis is the biggest brand left in the league.

Rice. LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

There is an absolute OCEAN of resources in this town, but as you alluded to, the motivation must be there.

We saw what happened when Wichita State got on the national scene for a few years. Funds were rolling in from everywhere. And we beat down the SEC - offering our coach a TOP-10 salary. Think about that for a moment. Wichita State paid their coach $3.5M dollars. We have an ocean of resources at our fingertips, but the custodian of those resources are living, breathing, emotional beings..... and they are PISSED.

Like me.

We have maybe one more chance to get this right. We need Bardo-esque style leadership. We need vision. We need PASSION. We need a sharp, intelligent-looking/sounding man (or woman...) to look Shocker Nation straight in the eye and say, "Not on my watch.. not on my watch is this proud programing going to sink. We WILL rise again. And it will happen sooner rather than later."

THEN, we need accountability. And that means getting out in the media often and telling us all the great things you are accomplishing.

I still can't believe we entrusted EVERYTHING to an amateur asshole like ButtLip. I raised my eyebrows when he quietly slipped into his position when nobody was looking. Then I was screaming from the mountaintops when this wanker showed his WEAK-ASS hand with the impotent Mini-B.
          Don't forget Jay Golden's role in all this. He was absolutely out to get 3G from the day he was installed as WSU president. Makes you wonder if he wasn't a hired gun by folks with ties to the other 2 D-1 universities in Kansas.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; February 19, 2024, 05:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Don't forget Jay Golden's role in all this. He was absolutely out to get 3G from the day he was installed as WSU president. Make you wonder if he wasn't a hired gun by folks with ties to the other 2 D-1 universities in Kansas.
            You're right. He should be captured and bought back to town for intense questioning.

We'll let Ivanka handle the interrogation.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

You're right. He should be captured and bought back to town for intense questioning.

We'll let Ivanka handle the interrogation.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "head coach Paul Mills and certain players on the team say their spirit isn’t broken."

Read more at: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

“You just try to go 1-0 every day,” Mills said. “When you have people who just love playing the game of basketball, you’re not really worried about (players losing motivation). We’ve got a group that really enjoys playing basketball and they enjoy competing and we’ll continue to do that.”

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

"head coach Paul Mills and certain players on the team say their spirit isn’t broken."

“You just try to go 1-0 every day,” Mills said. “When you have people who just love playing the game of basketball, you’re not really worried about (players losing motivation). We’ve got a group that really enjoys playing basketball and they enjoy competing and we’ll continue to do that.”
                  Enjoying the game is great and all .. but sure would be nice to win more than 1 game a month while also enjoying the game.

Comment

• At this point, WSU is scrambling to avoid a bottom-four finish in the standings, which would secure a Wednesday date in the conference tournament and require five wins in five days. The team’s odds of four wins in four days are minuscule, but playing one fewer game at least makes the path more plausible.

Does it really makes sense to have a tournament setup where the bottom 4 teams have to win 5 games in 5 days to advance. Perhaps the bottom 4 should just not make the tournament. Make it the bottom 6 don't make it and the top 8 play a 3 day/game tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

"head coach Paul Mills and certain players on the team say their spirit isn’t broken."

Glad they're having fun and they love playing basketball. Glad to hear they will continue to compete...

Marshall's teams didn't have much fun. In fact, they would say that practices were hell, and games were much easier in comparison. Pretty sure most of the fun they had was limited to winning. Everything else was all business.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

My point is the private money was there, but now is not there. I would argue we lost boosters because they fired 3G, not because of his behavior leading up to that.
                        I believe that almost every penny of private money would return to the program if GM were to return.
                        Last edited by Kung Wu; February 19, 2024, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerlady View Post
                          I believe that almost every penny of private money would return to the program if GM were to return.
                          Question for anyone...I thought so,,,she is high on crack. She doesn't know what side she is on, Kung did you edit her comment?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Question for anyone...I thought so,,,she is high on crack. She doesn't know what side she is on, Kung did you edit her comment?
                            I just fixed her quote, I didn't change her statement.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• In related news, here’s an interesting article about the struggles Rick Pitino is going through at St. John’s. His complaints sound eerily familiar although this is a coach that doesn’t sugarcoat it…..https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...571d1e9b&ei=22

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

What did you see? That’s right-Not a $#@&ing thing. Yet you are ready to defame the hell out someone. I’m glad he didn’t apologize for anything. I’m sorry we have a number of Candy ass pansy fans who have never actually played sports and have no idea what kind of toughness it takes to be a winner in competitive sports. You can all join Patty as the losers breeding the losing we are witnessing right now. Let’s Go 3G!
                                Complete and abject reading comprehension fail.

Where did I say I saw anything? What does it matter?

This discussion was about whether Marshall ever apologized. He clearly did not. Baker's whole entire reason for saying something was because Marshall went with the "deny it ever happened" plan.

Neither I nor your low-IQ post changes any of that, nor does it change the fact that the university decided to part ways with Marshall after conducting an investigation. You really think thy would have done that if the investigation was inconclusive or determined that nothing happened?

I guess common sense just isn't common.
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X