No announcement yet.

Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, the people on here who are constantly on Mills for his “failures” this year are wishing we’d gotten Pitino. Seriously? Think about it for just a second. It’s ironically funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I just fixed her quote, I didn't change her statement.
      Uh what I asked is if people actually believed that every donor would automatically return their funds to the program if Marshall were to return. What is it with you guys? Do you just hate women in general? I resent the comment about being high on crack as that's a low blow for someone who advocates daily for those dealing with addiction issues. You all need to move on from blaming everyone else for the downfall of the Shocker program. GM's behavior was the beginning of the end. Truthfully GM's last few years were less than monumental. Stop making excuses and laying blame on others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerlady View Post

Uh what I asked is if people actually believed that every donor would automatically return their funds to the program if Marshall were to return. What is it with you guys? Do you just hate women in general? I resent the comment about being high on crack as that's a low blow for someone who advocates daily for those dealing with addiction issues. You all need to move on from blaming everyone else for the downfall of the Shocker program. GM's behavior was the beginning of the end. Truthfully GM's last few years were less than monumental. Stop making excuses and laying blame on others.
        Did you quote the wrong person? You had something like:

[quote=SHOCKvalue]... whatever he said [/quo

.. then whatever you said ...

So the quote was broken because it was missing "te]" at the end of it. All I did was add "te]" to the end of the broken quote so it wouldn't be broken. I didn't modify anything you said or even respond to it.

But for the record I LOVE women.
        Last edited by Kung Wu; February 20, 2024, 08:14 PM.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          Just read the Pitino article. I think we're about to discover whether calling your players out publicly in the modern climate will attract better talent in the next recruiting cycle or cut the coaching staff's legs right out from under them.

Now, his criticisms are probably not news to the players themselves. I'm sure they hear it routinely in practice. But very few will react positively to having them aired in public. He may be able to do damage control with his players. I just don't think a majority of potential recruits are going to read those comments and think "I want to play for that guy!"
          Rick Pitino is a boss who teaches effort and defense first. He's cut from the same kind of cloth as Coach Marshall. The things he says about his players in public pale in comparison to what he says to their face. They play for him because he's a proven winner and he comes with cash. He's also a really cool dude to hang with.

People need to stop being afraid of hurting these kids' feelings. They're not all snowflakes.

I think coaches have to worry more about the parents than the kids these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
            So, the people on here who are constantly on Mills for his “failures” this year are wishing we’d gotten Pitino. Seriously? Think about it for just a second. It’s ironically funny.
            "During his 32 seasons as a collegiate head coach, coach Pitino has a 770-271 overall record and a 54-19 record in the NCAA Tournament. He became the first coach to take three different schools to the NCAA Final Four and first coach to win an NCAA Championship at two different schools."

Call me kooky but... yeah, I'll take him.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Kung Wu;n1428435]

Did you quote the wrong person? You had something like:

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue
              ... whatever he said [/quo

.. then whatever you said ...

So the quote was broken because it was missing "te]" at the end of it. All I did was add "te]" to the end of the broken quote so it wouldn't be broken. I didn't modify anything you said or even respond to it.

But for the record I LOVE women.
              Ok so it's just me in general. Nice to know.

Comment

• Like I said, Pitino is a boss. Cut from the same cloth...

Watch a former player recount what it was like to practice with Pitino.

Yeah, we are IDIOTS for not signing him when nobody else would. Our program wouldn't have skipped a beat. In fact..........

Comment

• WSU was never going to take the risk on Pitino after the media firestorm from 3G. There was no way. Plus, he might have not been interested.

Dumb or not, it was never going to happen for multiple reasons.

Brown/Mills were guys who weren’t going to raise eyebrows and that’s what the university wanted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockerlady View Post

Do you just hate women in general?
                    No we just hate the Laser Beamer.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                      WSU was never going to take the risk on Pitino after the media firestorm from 3G. There was no way. Plus, he might have not been interested.

Brown/Mills were guys who weren’t going to raise eyebrows and that’s what the university wanted.
                      And now the university got what it wanted.. a flailing basketball program with hemorrhaging finances.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I LOVE women.
                        There’s only two things on this earth I truly believe in: the first amendment and boobs.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                          There’s only two things on this earth I truly believe in: the first amendment and boobs.
                          Don't believe everything you see. The majority of the women I've dated have had enhancements done. The natural boob is going extinct.

Stick with the ass... it will never lead you astray. (that's not true at all lol)

Comment

WSU was never going to take the risk on Pitino after the media firestorm from 3G. There was no way. Plus, he might have not been interested.

There are but two men I have pined for on this board, and they are Rick Pitino and Casey Crawford. BOTH would have helped this program enormously.

I was all over Rick when Marshall was fired. Turg and I both were all over Casey!

Comment

• I appreciate Taylor's Twitter threads breaking down film. The most recent about offense in the Charlotte game is really good, imo. I think it kinda proves that we attempt to run offense, but we simply don't have the IQ and talent. The thread also shows quick adjustments made by the coaching staff, but a lack of shooters and Colby getting early fouls made it mostly irrelevant.

Comment

Also guys that haven't raised the level of the product or interest in the program.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X