Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
    Taylor just published a new story about Quincy Acy. I thought this quote was pretty telling about this team.
    Lmao so that does paint a picture of what we see on the court. The flashes of potential, but the complete lack and care of actually wanting the win.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Lmao so that does paint a picture of what we see on the court. The flashes of potential, but the complete lack and care of actually wanting the win.
      And lack of ability to really motivate the players

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

And lack of ability to really motivate the players
        If even Quincy is struggling to motivate them, that speaks more about the players than the coaches. And sometimes players are just like that. Generally you churn them out, but remember what our team is made up of. Benchwarmers. We’ve been picked by others teams these last few seasons and we’re starting to feel the effects.

Comment

If even Quincy is struggling to motivate them, that speaks more about the players than the coaches. And sometimes players are just like that. Generally you churn them out, but remember what our team is made up of. Benchwarmers. We’ve been picked by others teams these last few seasons and we’re starting to feel the effects.
          Meh .. if its 1 or 2 players he's failing to motivate .. sure its probably the players. When the entire team struggles with energy and motivation? Its a coach problem, not just a player problem.

Comment

Meh .. if it’s 1 or 2 players he's failing to motivate .. sure it’s probably the players. When the entire team struggles with energy and motivation? It’s a coach problem, not just a player problem.
            I imagine it’s a factor of multiple things, including this string of massive losses. Also, I went back and read some of the first articles on PM from taylor. There was a big segment of how he needed 2, maybe 3 high talent high character players (ie stars), and then several more high character low talent who are empowered by the stars, and then maybe a high talent low character player who can be swayed. It was specifically called out in the article that Pohto was supposed to be one, and then they needed one more. But unfortunately, Pohto has whiffed. He’s not good, and his character seems to be getting worse through the season. So I think the entire dynamic he planned on having completely collapsed to where it’s a mix of low talent low characters and then low talent high characters. That’s a recipe for failure and is hard to motivate.

Comment

I imagine it’s a factor of multiple things, including this string of massive losses. Also, I went back and read some of the first articles on PM from taylor. There was a big segment of how he needed 2, maybe 3 high talent high character players (ie stars), and then several more high character low talent who are empowered by the stars, and then maybe a high talent low character player who can be swayed. It was specifically called out in the article that Pohto was supposed to be one, and then they needed one more. But unfortunately, Pohto has whiffed. He’s not good, and his character seems to be getting worse through the season. So I think the entire dynamic he planned on having completely collapsed to where it’s a mix of low talent low characters and then low talent high characters. That’s a recipe for failure and is hard to motivate.
              I sure hope we don't have a coach that unless everything goes perfectly right we end up with seasons like this.

Comment

I sure hope we don't have a coach that unless everything goes perfectly right we end up with seasons like this.
                I guess what I’m saying is I hope what we’re seeing is the absolute worst case scenario.

Comment

Meh .. if its 1 or 2 players he's failing to motivate .. sure its probably the players. When the entire team struggles with energy and motivation? Its a coach problem, not just a player problem.
                  I disagree. It takes one player to poison the locker room. If that player is a leader, it magnifies the issue. Especially with the new generation of kids. If the "leader" has a dark cloud above their head every day, the coach can be as motivating as possible, but it doesn't get rid of that dark cloud that is felt by everyone else in the room.

Comment

I disagree. It takes one player to poison the locker room. If that player is a leader, it magnifies the issue. Especially with the new generation of kids. If the "leader" has a dark cloud above their head every day, the coach can be as motivating as possible, but it doesn't get rid of that dark cloud that is felt by everyone else in the room.
                    Agree to disagree. If we have a coach that lets 1 player make us this bad, we have a horrible coach. Especially considering the player some people have tossed out as "toxic" still gets lots of minutes.

Comment

What if the poisonous player thinks he’s the leader?

Not sure what THE thought PROCESS was that led me to ask that question.
                      78-65

Comment

Agree to disagree. If we have a coach that lets 1 player make us this bad, we have a horrible coach. Especially considering the player some people have tossed out as "toxic" still gets lots of minutes.
                        Marshall had a player like that. He gave him a lot of minutes, and he was leading the revolt.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Marshall had a player like that. He gave him a lot of minutes, and he was leading the revolt.
                          That worked out well for him didn't it.

Not saying Marshall was a bad coach but that wasn't one of his best moments

Comment

• Speaking of, and I know he's persona non grata around here, but how the hell did he convince the Spurs to give him a $1mm 1-year contract?
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                              Speaking of, and I know he's persona non grata around here, but how the hell did he convince the Spurs to give him a $1mm 1-year contract?
                              Probably the same way he convinced 4 different schools to put him on scholarship.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Then sit their asses down. Suspend them. Kick them off the team. These tools are at the coaches' disposal.

Comment

Working...
                                X