Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

It’s worth adding that we lost a ton of respect after what happened with Marshall at the end. I’d actually argue that Marshall (at the very very end) sparked the flame of us losing prestige and then ADDB poured gas on IB and shoved the poor guy into the fire when he just wasn’t ready for that (or maybe paid him enough to step into it).
    If you respect *******, you are correct. I, personally think that ******* "was" a "hack", and for that matter, still is a "hack". Furthermore, I think that the new WSU President (for a half year) was instrumental in what happened at the end.

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Either way, he was the wrong guy to put it out. Let’s just hope Mills puts us back on the map, because if not… well, I can’t keep waking up at 1am to watch what we’ve had the last few seasons.
    We are in total agreement that IB was a poor choice for long term basketball success.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      Isaac Brown=Scott Thompson and not the answer.

Both Steve Forbes and Chris Jans would have been possible at the time and good answers.

I’m not sure about Paul Mills yet and have no opinion yet.
      Mills has an almost identical personality of Thompson. I'm holding out judgment this season on whether he is the full reincarnation.

Comment

If you respect *******, you are correct. I, personally think that ******* "was" a "hack", and for that matter, still is a "hack". Furthermore, I think that the new WSU President (for a half year) was instrumental in what happened at the end.

We are in total agreement that IB was a poor choice for long term basketball success.
        I have no idea what the stars mean in your response. I’m just going to assume you like me and you agree with me haha

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I have no idea what the stars mean in your response. I’m just going to assume you like me and you agree with me haha
          The stars are for Good ... man. During that timeframe he became a bad word.

Comment

You can tell a lot of posters here live in a Wichita bubble regarding Marshall.

On a national level, Marshall's name was trash. Nobody thought that it was a hitpiece by a journalist.

In the time period leading up the to the article, Wichita State was making national news due to the large exodus of players leaving the program. I can't remember if it was one year or if it had happened both previous off-seasons. It was on espn, it was the talk of general college basketball forums and subreddits, etc.

Then the article dropped. Not only was Marshall's name trash, but WSU's name got dragged down lower along with him for letting it all happen.

Ask yourself this: why has Gregg Marshall's name been connected to absolutely zero job openings since then? Big, little, or in-between? Doesn't matter if he'd take the job or want the job. There's been no public effort by any program to hire him.

He's probably retired at this point. True. But his name is so sub-level that no journalist can even put him in an article for clicks.
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

On a national level, Marshall's name was trash. Nobody thought that it was a hitpiece by a journalist.

In the time period leading up the to the article, Wichita State was making national news due to the large exodus of players leaving the program. I can't remember if it was one year or if it had happened both previous off-seasons. It was on espn, it was the talk of general college basketball forums and subreddits, etc.

Then the article dropped. Not only was Marshall's name trash, but WSU's name got dragged down lower along with him for letting it all happen.

Ask yourself this: why has Gregg Marshall's name been connected to absolutely zero job openings since then? Big, little, or in-between? Doesn't matter if he'd take the job or want the job. There's been no public effort by any program to hire him.

He's probably retired at this point. True. But his name is so sub-level that no journalist can even put him in an article for clicks.
              Marshall was a finalist at Coastal Carolina
              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

You’re just showing your Lawrence/NE Ks./ Missouri Prejudice. KU and Clean (No Cheat) and Perfect Bill Self would have been white washed and cleared of all wrongdoing by the media and Alumni if these charges were of him. He without embarrassment put all of the blame for his “cheating scandal” on the FBI, and the NE media backed him up. You obviously bought into their narrative “hook, line, and sinker”.

Marshall and WSU were treated like “trash” up there in that part of the country, when they made Self and KU look inferior multiple years, in 2013-2016.

Comment

Agree with most of this.

I love 3G and he is likely the best coach we’ve ever had and will ever have.

And his general behavior is one of the main reasons why WSU basketball is what it is right now.

Those two statements can and should live together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Marshall was a finalist at Coastal Carolina
                    Wait, he was? How did I miss this?
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Right on the dot of what I was saying. I’ve lived all over country and even internally now, so I get to hear lots of perspectives.

Comment

How do you know HCGM hasn't been contacted by no less than 5 national sportswriters in an attempt to write a big piece on him... after.

He's handcuffed.

And every school in the country knows that they have to START at $1.3M + about $700k, to even get Gregg to pick up the phone. THEN, it's gotta be a school where he thinks he can make a splash while being allowed to coach in his signature hard-ass style. Good luck finding that in this pussified world.

Gregg Marshall was a winner before we hired him and he's a winner after he was "retired". He's legit alpha and *edit* Pxxx (Wichita State's current head coach) would be carrying his golf bag. I shouldn't even be saying their names in the same sentence. Hold on, I'll fix that.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

How do you know HCGM hasn't been contacted by no less than 5 national sportswriters in an attempt to write a big piece on him... after.

He's handcuffed.

And every school in the country knows that they have to START at $1.3M + about $700k, to even get Gregg to pick up the phone. THEN, it's gotta be a school where he thinks he can make a splash while being allowed to coach in his signature hard-ass style. Good luck finding that in this pussified world.

Gregg Marshall was a winner before we hired him and he's a winner after he was "retired". He's legit alpha and *edit* Pxxx (Wichita State's current head coach) would be carrying his golf bag. I shouldn't even be saying their names in the same sentence. Hold on, I'll fix that.
                          And it had to have been somewhere he wanted to live. The man hates cold weather and isn’t gonna freeze his ass off somewhere like the Great Lakes region or the Northeast.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Agree with most of this.

And his general behavior is one of the main reasons why WSU basketball is what it is right now.

His personal behavior huh?

Are you aware of any laws he's broken? I can assure you the Toupee's "BeHaVioR" would make Gregg Marshall look like a saint if the magnifying glass was fair.

Oh, and Darron Double-D BoatDouche is the reason our program is in the shitter. It's certainly not because of our Hall-of-Fame coach. He gave us everything he had. He wanted to win for Wichita State more than anybody.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

His personal behavior huh?

Are you aware of any laws he's broken? I can assure you the Toupee's "BeHaVioR" would make Gregg Marshall look like a saint if the magnifying glass was fair.

Oh, and Darron Double-D BoatDouche is the reason our program is in the shitter. It's certainly not because of our Hall-of-Fame coach. He gave us everything he had. He wanted to win for Wichita State more than anybody.
                              Dude, your scaring me. Somehow I agree with you. This time, at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Agree with most of this.

Give it a rest. He never should have been forced out. That’s why we are where we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X