No announcement yet.

Paul Mills Not Hot Seat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been hesitant to criticize HCPM, but playing Pohto most of the 2nd half over QB made no sense. They had no answer for QB inside. Their short stocky guy could guard Pohto without a problem. I was very dejected walking out today.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
      I have been hesitant to criticize HCPM, but playing Pohto most of the 2nd half over QB made no sense. They had no answer for QB inside. Their short stocky guy could guard Pohto without a problem. I was very dejected walking out today.
      You and me both, Woodrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

You and me both, Woodrow.
        Part of me thinks it’s a health or stamina issue… it has to be, doesn’t it?

I know he’s had back issues; maybe it tighten up the second half?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post
          I have been hesitant to criticize HCPM, but playing Pohto most of the 2nd half over QB made no sense. They had no answer for QB inside. Their short stocky guy could guard Pohto without a problem. I was very dejected walking out today.
          Absolutely inconceivable. QB was making shots and a significant factor on defense.

Pohto was letting dudes right past him, bricking free throws, and missing easy money bunnies.

I'm not blaming Pohto. Dude has a lot of bad nights but he should not have been on the court.

For anyone keeping track, there are a total of 5 programs in the American who have first-year head coaches. Charlotte, North Texas, South Florida, Temple, and Wichita State. Our record is now 0-5 against the others. We don't play any more until maybe the AAC Tournament.

Yep. That's right. We just got swept by every other first-year coach in this league.

What a disgrace. I have no idea how anyone can defend what Paul Mills is doing.
          Last edited by rjl; February 25, 2024, 08:04 PM.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• If the dumpster fire continues to grow next season I don't see how Kevin Saal can be trusted to hire the next Head Coach

Comment

• This hopefully won't compound either. I know the athletic department is hurting for funds but this season has gone so bad, there is zero chance they can try to increase donation rates or ticket prices. If the season was even remotely going in the right direction they might have been able to

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                If the dumpster fire continues to grow next season I don't see how Kevin Saal can be trusted to hire the next Head Coach
                Just seemed like a lazy hire. Jerome Tang had instant success so let’s hire someone else that coached for Drew and he’ll do the same thing. Plus he’s only like 2 hours away, hate to cast a big net.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                  This is a totally ridiculous thread at this point. 8 months on the job LMFAO
                  A month later, is it such a ridiculous thread? LMFAO

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Just seemed like a lazy hire. Jerome Tang had instant success so let’s hire someone else that coached for Drew and he’ll do the same thing. Plus he’s only like 2 hours away, hate to cast a big net.
                    Big difference between Tang being a long-time assistant with Drew as he was Associate Head Coach for 5 years. Mills in his loooonnngg tenure never made it to even FORTH chair. Mills caught lighting in a bottle with Abmas who was with him 4 years. No Abmas, no Mills at WSU. Simple as that.

Comment

• I can’t conclude if KS is competent or not. I want to like him, and want to believe he is, and has been, making the right decisions. But his basketball hires…yikes.

Where is he at on the finances for Cessna? Where’s he at on the finances for the softball stadium improvements? Where’s he at on securing the relationships with larger donors? Maybe those answers are out there, I just don’t hear them. All I hear is his excuse train for the anemic men’s basketball team.

The moment the season is over, we need valid and serious reviews from Muma, Saal and Mills. Supporters, regardless of the level, are entitled to hear exactly wth went on this season. Why are we entitled? Because collectively, we are the stakeholders, and are the customers. We are -all or in part-bankrolling the Athletic Department. We, the University, Community, Alumni and Supporters, deserve better.

Rant over…for now.

Comment

• Is it crazy to say this programs foreseeable ceiling is middle of the pack AAC? If sure feels like it right now.

Comment

• Change the title of this thread to Paul Mills seat is warm.

Comment

• People keep talking about next year, keep dreaming. Mills needs to ring the bell and go away.
                            When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              Change the title of this thread to Paul Mills seat is warm.
                              The seat in my humble opinion is hot! I stopped all donations and gave up my season tickets after 20 years.
                              When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• 3G thought he’d be fired after his first year. Mills should do the honorable thing and go away. Shocker Nation deserves better.

Comment

Working...
                                X