Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Look at who you are arguing with... no point in continuing
    Stop talking about the people you "ignore". Kind of defeats the purpose when you've mentioned me 800 times after you've "ignored" me.

Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post

I guess I don't get it - he showed emotion, so what? Absolutely nothing douchy or arrogant about anything he does.
      Him going ballistic after an obvious offsides call is a bit too douchy for my taste. Again, when he's winning he's the sweetest pea in the pod.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

When will Mahomes get his comeuppance? That guy can have cocky asshat tendencies with the best of them, and he seemingly always comes up smelling like a rose.
        You just jelly
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• I believe Fever has learned how basketball fans who hated WSU's success felt about Gregg Marshall.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            I believe Fever has learned how basketball fans who hated WSU's success felt about Gregg Marshall.
            Marshall was like that winning and losing. He was consistent. Mahomes is a really sweet winner but seemed to pull out the attitude shift when the Ls started piling up. The sideline rant was childish and wasn’t seen before because, guess what, that’s the first time things weren’t going hunky dory.

Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Marshall was like that winning and losing. He was consistent. Mahomes is a really sweet winner but seemed to pull out the attitude shift when the Ls started piling up. The sideline rant was childish and wasn’t seen before because, guess what, that’s the first time things weren’t going hunky dory.
              Honestly, name me a competitor / winner who isn't like this? It is nothing new.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Marshall Henderson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Marshall Henderson.
                  Fortunately, his kind doesn't come around very often.

Marshall Henderson - Wikipedia

Whatever Happened to Marshall Henderson After His Obnoxious NCAA Career? - FanBuzz

Looks like he is well travelled and is currently an assistant coach at Independence CC.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Fortunately, his kind doesn't come around very often.

Marshall Henderson - Wikipedia

Whatever Happened to Marshall Henderson After His Obnoxious NCAA Career? - FanBuzz

Looks like he is well travelled and is currently an assistant coach at Independence CC.
                    out of coaching, at least for now.....

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I get that but the original poster denied him ever being that way and that he’s sweet as pie all of the time. Which of course is not true.

Definitely agree he’s a competitor which is fine. I’m probably slightly biased too given my NFL rooting interest.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I get that but the original poster denied him ever being that way and that he’s sweet as pie all of the time. Which of course is not true.

Definitely agree he’s a competitor which is fine. I’m probably slightly biased too given my NFL rooting interest.
                        I hadn't seen the original post but absolutely agree that he is no angel for sure.

Comment

Maybe things like this?

And I’m sorry, but I don’t buy the argument that these things are just part of sports. You never saw Barry Sanders do this. You never saw Peyton Manning do this. The other night, Nikola Jokic hit a late 3 to ice the game, and he basically just shrugged his shoulders like it was another day at the office.

Emotion is fine, and I’m the last person who will judge for that because I can be in a glass case of emotion. I just don’t like things like this where the guy is obviously showing off.
                          No dog in this fight, but I don't think this is him "showing off". I think he was celebrating the win because they just got a first down with under 2 to go. He's doing that in front of the Chiefs fans at the game, not the Jets fans. At least that's the way I read it.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Maybe things like this?

And I’m sorry, but I don’t buy the argument that these things are just part of sports. You never saw Barry Sanders do this. You never saw Peyton Manning do this. The other night, Nikola Jokic hit a late 3 to ice the game, and he basically just shrugged his shoulders like it was another day at the office.

Emotion is fine, and I’m the last person who will judge for that because I can be in a glass case of emotion. I just don’t like things like this where the guy is obviously showing off.
                            Sorry, you were talking about the attitude after, not the fact that he slid. My bad.

I think his attitude after is pretty garden variety nowadays. Not that I necessarily like it, but not super egregious.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Sorry, you were talking about the attitude after, not the fact that he slid. My bad.

I think his attitude after is pretty garden variety nowadays. Not that I necessarily like it, but not super egregious.
                              He just did the NFL version of securing the win by making sure the opponent wouldn't have a chance to score twice. We see the same or more demonstrative displays from some players after a 1st quarter TD, sack or interception.

That said, I do wish he'd just gotten up, high-fived or chest bumped some teammates, then returned to the huddle to finish off the win.

Comment

• Tang is running Mills' offense. At the under 12 media timeout score is:

OU - 8
                                KSU - 0

KSU is 0/11 overall and 0/6 from 3

KSU went scoreless the first 5:39 at Houston. Now they're scoreless after 8:10 of play in Bramlage.
                                Last edited by Aargh; January 30, 2024, 07:37 PM.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X