Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or post a cryptic tweet such as :)

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• That would be awesome.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• HCPM was on College Basketball 365

Comment

• If Mills can bring in someone with NBA credentials and connections that will have a lot of traction in the current quasi-pro form of college basketball.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

He is still listed in the staff directory, along with two assistants and a grad assistant.

So if Mills is bringing his own guy, it doesn't necessarily mean it's to displace Horn.
            Horn is officially not coming back next year. They haven't announced who the new Head of S&C is but I'm not sure the ORU guy coming is going to be qualified enough to take the reigns right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

Horn is officially not coming back next year. They haven't announced who the new Head of S&C is but I'm not sure the ORU guy coming is going to be qualified enough to take the reigns right now.
              So what is the deal here?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

So what is the deal here?
                I honestly don't believe that there's a whole lot to see here. Different coaches have different ideas on Strength and Conditioning and HCPM is no different and he wants his guy and so he gets his guy. The Head Coach decides the S&C coach, not the other way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I honestly don't believe that there's a whole lot to see here. Different coaches have different ideas on Strength and Conditioning and HCPM is no different and he wants his guy and so he gets his guy. The Head Coach decides the S&C coach, not the other way around.
                  Seven coaches for KR. Like I said, ponder that.

Comment

• Story: Adam Nelson (@HD_DirtKing) I have heard that new Northwestern State head coach Rick Cabrera will hire Hayden Harkins as an assistant coach, and Chad Bailey as the DBO. They were both on his staff last season at Tallahassee CC. Harkins has also worked as an assistant at Pearl River CC, and was a GAContinue Reading →

Last night, I reported that Lipscomb assistant Kevin Carroll got the job at D2 Trevecca Nazarene (D2 DIRT). I have now heard that he’s not the only Lipscomb staffer on the move. Word on the street is that DBO Xavier Holland is in the mix to join Paul Mills new staff at Wichita State.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

I liked our guys being beefed up when KR was here. Last year we looked soft IMHO. Hopefully, we get back to being the toughest team around.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

S&C is much different now than it was during most of KR. I liked what Horn did. Kerry was great for when he was here, but he didn't embrace a lot of the new age stuff. These guys were wearing the digital equipment, using more team workouts etc. All the players like Horn and I think he's very good at his job. At the end of the day it's just what the Head Man wants. He knows what he is getting with his old S&C and feels more comfortable there so sadly we have to move on. Lots of people at WSU are upset with Horn being let go but that's part of the business.

Comment

• this guy

Xavier HollandStudent Coach - Junior Year: Holland played in 28 games starting all 28 games…he was ranked 17th in NAIA Division II for Assists per game (5.036)…Holland

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

S&C is much different now than it was during most of KR. I liked what Horn did. Kerry was great for when he was here, but he didn't embrace a lot of the new age stuff. These guys were wearing the digital equipment, using more team workouts etc. All the players like Horn and I think he's very good at his job. At the end of the day it's just what the Head Man wants. He knows what he is getting with his old S&C and feels more comfortable there so sadly we have to move on. Lots of people at WSU are upset with Horn being let go but that's part of the business.
                            Several were upset about the way KR was treated on the way out....

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post

Several were upset about the way KR was treated on the way out....
                              Some were. Not sure how this applies to this board but it appeared that he was behind the times significantly.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
                                I grew up learning and playing Echo Hills in the late 60’s/ early 70’s. There were not a lot of Pro Shop attendants to choose from. But Julie was memorable
                                Echo hills was a great course for a beginner to cut their teeth on. Clapp was another relatively easy course but the winding creek made it a poor choice for a beginner.

Comment

Working...
                                X