Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    My son-in-law went toTruett McConnell for a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Some were. Not sure how this applies to this board but it appeared that he was behind the times significantly.
      There's a reason that when the new Baseball staff came, they chose to hire a new S&C coach even though KR wanted to go back over to baseball instead of basketball. JS

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

There's a reason that when the new Baseball staff came, they chose to hire a new S&C coach even though KR wanted to go back over to baseball instead of basketball. JS
        Not trying to derail this thread but I'm still waiting for the S&C coach/department to have the same level of "Old School" results that KR had over his tenure. Baseball or Basketball -

Comment

DOBO? I hope he’s organized, but I’m not into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

DOBO? I hope he’s organized, but I’m not into it.
            Sorry to see Okon have to leave after 16 years. It is what it is.

Comment

• The KR success always confused me… twice a week we got to be worked out by him vs our coach and it was the only easy workouts/practices we had. Seemed very checked out in the early 2000s but we all loved it. He just wanted to hang

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                The KR success always confused me… twice a week we got to be worked out by him vs our coach and it was the only easy workouts/practices we had. Seemed very checked out in the early 2000s but we all loved it. He just wanted to hang
                Assuming you're talking from a place of experience, I'm not terribly surprised to hear that.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I suppose it is possible that he is coming to take a position other than DOBO

Comment

• Welcome to Wichita, Coach Mills. For a quick and immersive understanding of Shocker basketball history, reach out to KU and ask them for a home-away-neutral game, and let us know how it goes.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Yes, I guess I may have jumped to a conclusion.

Comment

That would be a very Underwhelming Asst. Coach hire.

He played NAIA Div. 2, and then was a DOBO at lower level Div. 1 Lipscomb University. No direct coaching experience that I can see, but I’m sure he has extensive experience as an organized travel planner. Maybe video scouting guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

S&C is much different now than it was during most of KR. I liked what Horn did. Kerry was great for when he was here, but he didn't embrace a lot of the new age stuff. These guys were wearing the digital equipment, using more team workouts etc. All the players like Horn and I think he's very good at his job. At the end of the day it's just what the Head Man wants. He knows what he is getting with his old S&C and feels more comfortable there so sadly we have to move on. Lots of people at WSU are upset with Horn being let go but that's part of the business.

The Golden Age of S&C for WSU ended when KR left the building. I have had inside information to the weights program and the new workout are no where near the same level as the workout under KR. We aren’t seeing any pumped up juicy arms of past Shocker greats from blasting biceps and triceps for hours in the dungeon. FVV wants to come in and change the whole weight room. Screw turf, basketball players don’t play on turf. They go to war in the trenches. The weight room in CKA used to look like a Genesis Health Club, where real iron was pumped. Now it is going to look like one of these cookie cutter fancy performance centers where people only want to do band work and roll around like some child at a playground. Thats all well and good but I want to win ballgames.

Alec Bohm added 15lbs of muscles this offseason working with KR. I just think that him leaving ended the best era of S&C in WSU history.
                          "You need to be standing on his toes when he's catching the ball. He's that good."- Gregg Marshall

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I am very sad about Dominic not being retained. He is truly a good guy.

Comment

• I have wondered for a long time if lifting weights during the season has a negative effect on shooting

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                                I have wondered for a long time if lifting weights during the season has a negative effect on shooting
                                IMO lift lighter with more reps during the season so you don't TEAR muscle tissue which is the basis for enlarging muscles - tear and grow back bigger. Again, just as I see it. Others might disagree.

Comment

Working...
                                X