Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Maybe I am naive, but I still think players will stay at a school when they are happy, playing for a coach they like, teammates they like and a reasonable amount of money.

You can't buy happiness.
    I think there has to be some success, maybe not championship every year, but some achievement. But I agree, someplace to call home is important to many.

Comment

Maybe I am naive, but I still think players will stay at a school when they are happy, playing for a coach they like, teammates they like and a reasonable amount of money.

You can't buy happiness.
      I think generally speaking, it’s older people that start to realize you can’t buy happiness.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

I think generally speaking, it’s older people that start to realize you can’t buy happiness.
        Is that because we are grumps?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Yeah, however being talented but having to sit on the bench for an overstacked team can help you become unhappy real quick.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            First of all, I love GM and thought he was going to coach here until he retired. I have tremendous respect for Turg, who turned the program around the right way. However, forget about who these coaches inherited. It does not matter, because Mills, in today’s environment, has a ten times tougher job than either one of those guys had when they came here. Even though a select group of schools cheated it was still possible to recruit a very good player and keep them when GM and MT were coaching.

There is a reason people like Turg and Jay Wright aren’t in college basketball now and why you will probably never see people like Brad Stevens or Billy Donovan back in college unless they are thrown obscene money from a P5 school.

Mills best hope is he catches lightning in a bottle with a few international players like St Marys.

Without rules and restrictions on NIL and the joke the NCAA is with transfers, it doesn’t matter how much we pay in NIL money, because someone will always pay more.
            Your point is correct, but applied every bit as much 10, 15 or 30 years ago. 'At this level' is a losers mentality (not implying you, by the way). We now have a 4* who was getting pine time on F4 participant Miami. It's up to Mills to coach the young man up,etc.

And GGG was left with a 6'7" DII post. Mills was left with a whole lot more in the post, but, yeah it's understood your post suggests to just ignore that fact in the face of DI ball today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

So you guessed. Thanks
              Seems like a fact that you spew continually, unless you want to put down another poster when you don’t agree. Funny how hypocritical you can be.

That’s the Fact Jack!

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

Is that because we are grumps?
                I think so. Or maybe it’s because we’ve gotten to where we’ve had money and we know that money only does that much. But when I was that age, I always thought man, I’d rather cry in a Ferrari than in a beat up Honda lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

Seems like a fact that you spew continually, unless you want to put down another poster when you don’t agree. Funny how hypocritical you can be.

That’s the Fact Jack!
                  I generally put out facts, but there are a couple posters that jump direct to personal insults, Aargh one of them, that I'll throw it right back at them. Most posters I try to stick to actual conversations at hand. Just the handful that like to jump out of nowhere on everything I post. One is blocked, so i don't see it. Aargh, at least in posts not directed to me, sometimes posts useful content, so I'm not going to mute him.

If you don't feel my posts add any value, feel free to block me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I generally put out facts, but there are a couple posters that jump direct to personal insults, Aargh one of them, that I'll throw it right back at them. Most posters I try to stick to actual conversations at hand. Just the handful that like to jump out of nowhere on everything I post. One is blocked, so i don't see it. Aargh, at least in posts not directed to me, sometimes posts useful content, so I'm not going to mute him.

If you don't feel my posts add any value, feel free to block me.
                    LMFAO
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

You can't buy happiness.
                      1. players wanna play
                      2. players wanna win
                      3. players wanna get paid
                      whatever is 4th and 5th is not close IMO. That's the modern athlete

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

1. players wanna play
                        2. players wanna win
                        Switch 2 and 3 and I largely agree.

Comment

1. players wanna play
                          2. players wanna win
                          Unfortunately much of the time it is not the player determining the order of those lists. It is essentially free agency without rules or licensed agents.

Comment

1. players wanna play
                            2. players wanna win
                            Players want to get a degree? number 10?
                            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

And that's the really unfortunate thing of all this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

I don't think most would put that at 10. Most realize their chances to go pro, is way less than 10%. Those that know, I'm sure value their education. You see most former D1 players being successful in the business world. I'm sure most coaches preach the value to them, especially those that are definitely not in the mix of a pro career in their future

We base our opinions on the big names. But there are plenty of kids that know darn well college is their limit in their sport as well as a key to their future.

Comment

Working...
                                X