Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Correct, but it's available to all players in all sports is my statement. Its not 100% reserved for men's basketball (as evidenced by them signing other student athletes)
    True. I misunderstood what you were saying. Sorry
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      With McCasland leaving tot TTU, I wonder where Matt Braeuer ends up?

Would be cool to welcome him home on the staff, but it's unlikely to be a possibility.
      Did I see that TTU announced that barely an hour after UNT won the NIT? Couldn't they at least have waited until today? Even if their fans sensed it was coming, at least give them some time to celebrate before making it official.

Comment

• How long does it take to finalize a coaching staff? Am I wrong to think the lack of assistants is likely detrimental to recruiting?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
          How long does it take to finalize a coaching staff? Am I wrong to think the lack of assistants is likely detrimental to recruiting?
          He said he already has his guys, they just haven't been announced. It's probably HR related stuff that's inconsequential to doing their jobs. So my guess is they are already recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

He said he already has his guys, they just haven't been announced. It's probably HR related stuff that's inconsequential to doing their jobs. So my guess is they are already recruiting.
            This is what I was hoping to hear. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Half Brother Dan View Post

The Golden Age of S&C for WSU ended when KR left the building. I have had inside information to the weights program and the new workout are no where near the same level as the workout under KR. We aren’t seeing any pumped up juicy arms of past Shocker greats from blasting biceps and triceps for hours in the dungeon. FVV wants to come in and change the whole weight room. Screw turf, basketball players don’t play on turf. They go to war in the trenches. The weight room in CKA used to look like a Genesis Health Club, where real iron was pumped. Now it is going to look like one of these cookie cutter fancy performance centers where people only want to do band work and roll around like some child at a playground. Thats all well and good but I want to win ballgames.

Alec Bohm added 15lbs of muscles this offseason working with KR. I just think that him leaving ended the best era of S&C in WSU history.
              They were literally doing military style workouts. They worked out WITH the military. How's that not getting you tougher? It's not all about looking like a meat-head anymore. Players want to play where they can be developed and they like having nice workout facilities. You think people want to work out in a dungeon? My high school (3A) had a nicer weight room than WSU's

Comment

• I went to the WSU open records site to see if they've changed anything with regards to showing requests (short answer - nope - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/?s=) but did find a link in the "Section Menu" for the page that read Athletic Contracts. Clicking on the link takes you to https://www.wichita.edu/about/public..._contracts.php and right now the only thing listed and available to view is the Paul Mills memorandum of understanding. So if you want to see the actual memorandum, you can see it at the site. Hopefully they'll add more contracts to the page (coaches, personnel, future games, etc.)
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Here is my two cents on S&C. I have no doubt there will most likely be all types of resources/equipment/coaching available but it is mostly up to the individual to make the most of it. The minimum required might not be enough for many and the same applies to the practice gym. It's really up to the individual to be the best they can be.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                    Here is my two cents on S&C. I have no doubt there will most likely be all types of resources/equipment/coaching available but it is mostly up to the individual to make the most of it. The minimum required might not be enough for many and the same applies to the practice gym. It's really up to the individual to be the best they can be.
                    There is also a minimum acceptable standard. If they don’t meet that then they can lose their scholarship
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      IMO kids don't show up game-fit at preseason training, and it's very difficult (impossible?) to gain muscle mass when constantly pushing cadidn'trdio.

So really season lifting should once or twice a week maintenance workouts, and then you should switch it up in the off-season and lift like hell to put on mass and reduce to maintenance cardio.
                      The only reason that S & C is maintenance during the season is because of time constraints. Every sport is a little different, but in basketball, the player also needs to "shoot" on his own. But I've known players who were so intent on S & C that they were in the weight room almost everyday, and refused to do a lot less even during the season. I'll say this, anyone who thinks that Tekele Cotton wasn't the best he could be, and better because of his commitment to the weight room, isn't seeing things straight. And Tekele still put in extra time shooting. And GM pushed players to do a minimum in the weight room, but whoever said that it is up to the player to get the most from the weight room is correct. A "CLUB" atmosphere in the weight room with first class facilities may make your team better because it impresses Recruits, but it won't make players better unless, they consistently put in a commitment to it, and don't just go through the motions. Teams may be better because of those types of facilities because of Recruiting, and it may motivate some players to work out more, but if the S & C Coach can motivate, and the players are self motivated, a lesser weight room can be successful.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan_realist View Post

They were literally doing military style workouts. They worked out WITH the military. How's that not getting you tougher? It's not all about looking like a meat-head anymore. Players want to play where they can be developed and they like having nice workout facilities. You think people want to work out in a dungeon? My high school (3A) had a nicer weight room than WSU's
                        From my understanding it was a 1 day photo op at McConnell. More team building than muscle building.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

From my understanding it was a 1 day photo op at McConnell. More team building than muscle building.
                          AF physical demands are pretty pathetic

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                            The only reason that S & C is maintenance during the season is because of time constraints.

I'll say this, anyone who thinks that Tekele Cotton wasn't the best he could be, and better because of his commitment to the weight room, isn't seeing things straight.
                            Are you trying to say that Tekele bulked up _during the season_?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

AF physical demands are pretty pathetic
                              As an AF vet I can confirm.

Comment

• In honor of TC. I'll never stop loving this video. Absolutely every single player lost their mind for a split second before snapping back into reality. Just perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X