Welcome - Paul Mills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
    I liked Tekele as well but this conversation was about a possible negative correlation between lifting and shooting (which Tekele couldn’t), not lifting and being a badass (which Tekele was).

I think we all need is some good ole fashioned positive recruiting news to get us back on track.
    Well, yes and no. In his sophomore year, his FG% was 40+ points better than Fred, Ron, Malcom and Demetric and his 3pt % was better than all but Fred out of that group. For whatever reason, his %s got worse after that, but he was only 20 points behind Fred and Ron in FG% the following year. In his senior year, he was only 4 points behind Ron in FG% and 9 points behind Ron in 3pt %.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
      The landing and turn. Like choreography. Sublime. TC just punched the clock and went to work. No smack talk. What a freaking stud!
      Remains my all-time favorite Shocker. Four solid years of steady, reliable, durable, and unsung greatness. I have several favorites going back to the early 70’s but TC edges them all in my book.

Comment

• TC most definitely is the Chuck Norris of all that is ShockerNation!!!
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• TC deserves a statue simply for what he brought to the WSU culture.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
            TC deserves a statue simply for what he brought to the WSU culture.
            I think a statue is deserved for what he did to the ISU-red culture.

Comment

• Kung Fu Jackie Carmichael may have lit that fuse

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                Kung Fu Jackie Carmichael may have lit that fuse
                Tekele was a dude before that, but that night he took a soul.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Paul Mills definitely keeps information close to the vest. Our past two coaches gave Taylor information quite easily. I’ve been waiting to hear Asst. Coaching staff names, and more regarding recruit interest. Maybe most recruitment isn’t to the finalist stage yet, but Asst. Coaching names should be available by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                    Paul Mills definitely keeps information close to the vest. Our past two coaches gave Taylor information quite easily. I’ve been waiting to hear Asst. Coaching staff names, and more regarding recruit interest. Maybe most recruitment isn’t to the finalist stage yet, but Asst. Coaching names should be available by now.
                    ORU board had similar frustrations with PM being reticent with recruiting / hiring news

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      TC deserves a statue simply for what he brought to the WSU culture.
                      FVV is right there too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

ORU board had similar frustrations with PM being reticent with recruiting / hiring news
                        As long as the results are good, I could grow to get used to it.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

As long as the results are good, I could grow to get used to it.
                          Hopefully, results are good quickly (1 year) so you can grow used to it quickly. Otherwise after 2-3 years, you’ll be frustrated too. Eddie Fogler was very disciplined and he won too. I was frustrated during Fogler’s 3 years. I liked Smithson and Marshall’s communications better.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

FVV is right there too.
                            Sorry, I liked Tekele a lot, but if he’s worthy, then a player like Kelly Pete (who averaged 17 points his final year, and 16 the year before), besides being All MVC, and on a F4 team when the MVC was probably the best conference in America. Warren Jabali also was a great player at 6’2. And we can always bring up Ross. There were lots of players worthy of a statue if TC is.

But I will say that Tekele had dunks that ranked up their with Warren, Antoine, and the X man even though only 6’2 (Warren was only 6’2 too). The dunks are what he will be remembered for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

I noticed they also complained about him missing the coaches shows often. Which I know Marshall being late to his was a hot button here lol. I though it was interesting that part of his compensation is based on showing up to those. So it will be interesting to see how useful those are.

Comment

• I think Kevin Saul is big on incentives. So I was not surprised by the structure of his contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X