Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Apple? Cherry? Both?
    Basketball turnovers :)
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Basketball turnovers :)
      Sounds like it would be tough to eat. But last a long time.

Comment

• I will never understand the small thinking mindset of staying put in the Valley to get the one bid from the league. Your entire University suffers and you will never grow in academic, fundraising, national exposure, quality of sports, good coaches / players or anything else. No way WSU has the explosion of growth it has experienced over the last 6 years without joining the AAC. Plainly stated, it's ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          I will never understand the small thinking mindset of staying put in the Valley to get the one bid from the league. Your entire University suffers and you will never grow in academic, fundraising, national exposure, quality of sports, good coaches / players or anything else. No way WSU has the explosion of growth it has experienced over the last 6 years without joining the AAC. Plainly stated, it's ridiculous.
          That is the Missouri State mindset - many of them wanted to move to the Sunbelt !!

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post

That is the Missouri State mindset - many of them wanted to move to the Sunbelt !!
            They should have had to change their name Southwest Missouri State, if they did that..
            The Assman

Comment

• Proshox is just one of those rare ones that thinks the Valley is still 1960. He’s completely delusional.

No way are we a 4 seed in 2018 if we were in the valley and there’s no way we’re sniffing the tournament in 2021 if we were in the valley.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post

That was about football though so it would have made sense.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

Apple? Cherry? Both?
                  Arby’s Apple Turnovers are hard to beat.
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                    Proshox is just one of those rare ones that thinks the Valley is still 1960. He’s completely delusional.

No way are we a 4 seed in 2018 if we were in the valley and there’s no way we’re sniffing the tournament in 2021 if we were in the valley.
                    I actual think the opposite, but nice try

Comment

• My opinion is pretty simple, but can’t be proved -

we wouldn’t have missed an NCAA tournament had we stayed in the MVC and WSU would be on a Gonzaga like trajectory…. The exposure, brand, recruiting, fan support would still be building. In the years where WSU was successful in the non-con our seeding would have been just fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
                        My opinion is pretty simple, but can’t be proved -

we wouldn’t have missed an NCAA tournament had we stayed in the MVC and WSU would be on a Gonzaga like trajectory…. The exposure, brand, recruiting, fan support would still be building. In the years where WSU was successful in the non-con our seeding would have been just fine.
                        I am trying to figure out a way to say this in a respectful way, but that is the definition of delusional. How many years in there would we have not gotten in to the tournament because we didn't win the conference tournament and the league was a perenennial one bid league?

Comment

We'd still be without GM and coming off IB.

Comment

I can follow that train of thought but don’t think it would have ended up that way. I am confident that had we stayed in the Valley, we wouldn’t have been able to CONSISTENTLY recruit the level of talent necessary to achieve a Gonzaga-esque run of success at the National level.

Comment

• The Valley is once again "The Valley of Death", but this time it's a different kind of death.

Loyola jumped the moment they had a chance. Loyola. Let that sink in. Loyola thought they belonged in a better league.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post

I can follow that train of thought but don’t think it would have ended up that way. I am confident that had we stayed in the Valley, we wouldn’t have been able to CONSISTENTLY recruit the level of talent necessary to achieve a Gonzaga-esque run of success at the National level.
                                Also, the company you keep is another reason. Gonzaga may run the WCC is sports but every other college in that league has healthy endowments. The Valley schools average endowment is significantly lower than any school in the WCC. Actually Gonzaga has one of the lowest in the league.
                                The Valley has two types of colleges small private with low budgets & endowments or small public schools with low budgets & endowments. Their student bases are shrinking thus lowering the priority of sports. This is why WSU was public enemy #1 in the Valley before they left. WSU wanted to ascend while they others scrambled to keep them down for more “even” play.
                                Gonzaga doesn’t have this battle with their league. They’re very much propped up and leveraged in a way that shows the league recognizes the benefits from their program success for the conference instead of fighting it.
                                In a vacuum, I can see some of the logic of this mindset but in this case the academics side of things actually has large reach benefits/effects in the AD.
                                If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

Working...
                                X