The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

A tournament team? WSU will not and should not expect to be a tournament team next year.

You’re impatient and delusional.
    And you're obsessed with Stickboy.

I still stand on the we should always be looking to be a tournament team and anything less is a failure of a season. I don't expect that to happen, but that is and always should be the goal. If it isn't, what the **** are we doing?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

And you're obsessed with Stickboy.

I still stand on the we should always be looking to be a tournament team and anything less is a failure of a season. I don't expect that to happen, but that is and always should be the goal. If it isn't, what the **** are we doing?
      And you’re obsessed with me.

From 2012-2022, I expected to be a tournament team. A little dose of realism and reality would do your body good. In year 1 of a coaching change, I expect to stop the bleeding. Year 2/3 I would start to expect results.

Why stop there? Isn’t the ultimate goal a national championship? We shouldn’t settle for less.

Have fun setting yourself up for constant disappointment.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I’m going to say this.

In this era, where every year coaches will have to expect the new reality of rebuilding nearly every year, I’d like to see Mills hit the tourney. I don’t think it’s unreasonable, given that we now have NIL in place. Now if we don’t, I won’t be mad as obviously it’s not crazy that it might take Mills a year to get used to things here.

But we can’t compare these times to times of recent. The best coaches we’ll see are the ones who can rebuild quickly and consistently, and that’s what I’m looking for out of Mills.

1) How can he recruit
        2) How quick can he produce results

These two factors are going to be more important than the past

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          This list still seems pretty small considering the number of scholarships WSU needs to fill. I suspect there are some names flying way under the radar.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

If WSU had a women’s beach volleyball team, a lot of us would be a lot poorer.
            This is the content I'm here for.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
              I’m going to say this.

In this era, where every year coaches will have to expect the new reality of rebuilding nearly every year, I’d like to see Mills hit the tourney. I don’t think it’s unreasonable, given that we now have NIL in place. Now if we don’t, I won’t be mad as obviously it’s not crazy that it might take Mills a year to get used to things here.

But we can’t compare these times to times of recent. The best coaches we’ll see are the ones who can rebuild quickly and consistently, and that’s what I’m looking for out of Mills.

1) How can he recruit

From everything I'm seeing, our total NIL dollars are less than the better players in the portal are getting. If 100% of the known NIL $$ go to a single player, WSU is not likely to sniff any of the top players in the portal. Then there's nothing left for any other players. WSU is just barely ahead of what Horizon League teams have in their NIL coffers.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post
                I’m going to say this.

1) How can he recruit

There is NIL and then there is NIL. Doesn't sound like Armchair's stash is all that impressive at this point. However, we have no idea what individual entities might be doing through Opendorse or directly. Personally, I dislike the NIL acronym Let's call it was it really is, which is PTP (Pay-to-Play) money.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 14, 2023, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

This list still seems pretty small considering the number of scholarships WSU needs to fill. I suspect there are some names flying way under the radar.
                  100%. There is no way we know all the kids WSU has reached out to.

Comment

• Giant cookie to close the deal.
                    Last edited by Stickboy46; April 14, 2023, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      Giant cookie to close the deal.
                      Is that our NIL, er I mean PTP offer?

Comment

• Good chance we get this kid.

im okay with this one. A fan has to be able to look past points per game and judge the player as a whole in the situation he was in.

Around 20 mins a game in the big 12 and shot close to 50% from 3 in H/S and both years of college.

good passer , plays tough & passionate.

solid back up

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Is that our NIL, er I mean PTP offer?
                          "I know Texas is offering you a Ferrari... But LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS COOKIE!!!... and we spent all of 30 seconds making this shocker nation wants you photo in MS Paint!!!"
                          Last edited by Stickboy46; April 14, 2023, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Giant cookie to close the deal.
                            More than I’d offer. Wish I could say, ‘alright, alright, alright’, but I’m just not feeling it man!

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
                              Good chance we get this kid.

im okay with this one. A fan has to be able to look past points per game and judge the player as a whole in the situation he was in.

Around 20 mins a game in the big 12 and shot close to 50% from 3 in H/S and both years of college.

good passer , plays tough & passionate.

solid back up
                              Add him to our collection of solid backups ..

But on a trying to be positive note, if his percentages scale to higher usage... He could be useful. Really hard to tell with how little he was used his first two years.

Comment

"I know Texas is offering your a Ferrari... But LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS COOKIE!!!... and we spent all of 30 seconds making this shocker nation wants you photo in MS Paint!!!"
                                Relevant take.

Comment

Working...
                                X