The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post
    I think we need to listen more to LetsGoShockers2021. He seems to have a lot of inside scoop, and when he shares it, it’s almost always correct. Keep it coming LGS!
    I was/am not sure how to take his last post. If Kenny wants to be here but is still in the portal I can only assume that the current staff has not guaranteed him a spot back if he takes his name out. I guess is what that means?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I was/am not sure how to take his last post. If Kenny wants to be here but is still in the portal I can only assume that the current staff has not guaranteed him a spot back if he takes his name out. I guess is what that means?
      If it's not desire that's the issue, then it's probably money isn't it?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I guess it could be. I know there’s issues with him and NIL because he’s an overseas guy.

I also assumed his desire was tied into the program in its entirety when I read the post, but maybe there is an underlying issue there.

Comment

No idea what this means.
          The portal is a two way street. You can enter the portal to explore other options, but the school/coach does not have to take you back. KP entered the portal BEFORE finding out who the new coach would be. Mills appears to be big on loyalty, etc. KP indicated he did not want to be here. That may not have set well with Mills.

Comment

I guess it could be. I know there’s issues with him and NIL because he’s an overseas guy.

I also assumed his desire was tied into the program in its entirety when I read the post, but maybe there is an underlying issue there.
            Wonder if HCPM is trying to set an example that you can't just go in the portal every year to test the waters. Won't let him come back until after the Portal season to see if he can get someone "better" on the marker

Comment

• Kenny is tight with Isaac and Jalen. That may weigh into his plans…or maybe not.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                As most of you know who read my posts I have probably been KP's biggest advocate from day one. He adapted his game to the coaching received. He has made big strides in his back to the basket game. He plays under control, takes care of the ball, SEES the court and unselfishly / effectively passes to open teammates. Great screener and passer. Good offensive rebounder. His overall game noticeably improved from year one to year two and especially the second half of year two. I believe we have much better developmental type of coaches now that will further accelerate his improvement. I liken his trajectory and value to that of Jamie. Still plenty of upside especially when the new coaching staff allows him to scrape the rust off his perimeter shooting. He can be a good stretch four and a good center.
                For several years I've felt we needed a 'big-man' coach... someone who has played at a very high level. Unfortunately, former Shockers AC, Cliff and X-Man weren't in the cards. Carl Hall recently joined Jans' staff at Mississippi State as a graduate assistant and I believe he'll be a solid 'big-man' coach. As has been discussed here several times since his hiring, Quincy Acy might be the 'trump card' we've been waiting for...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wonder if HCPM is trying to set an example that you can't just go in the portal every year to test the waters. Won't let him come back until after the Portal season to see if he can get someone "better" on the marker
                  I do like that as a policy, but it seems a bit harsh because KP was in the portal before Mills was hired and after his coach was fired. So not really an apples to apples there.

In general though I think that’s a good policy.

Comment

I do like that as a policy, but it seems a bit harsh because KP was in the portal before Mills was hired and after his coach was fired. So not really an apples to apples there.

In general though I think that’s a good policy.
                    While true .. if he's trying to make an example .. it's likely the only one to use. I'm ok with it as long as we don't fill KP's spot with someone of lower quality or leave a scholarship open. But leaving it open at least until the Portal entry deadline to see who else is available also isn't the worst idea.

Comment

• Some ideas above might be possibilities on what is happening (what the poster meant). Another one could be that Mills told him "you look around", and "we'll look around", and at the end, we'll see what both of us want to do (which is why he continues to practice with team while in Wichita). There are still a month of recruiting (into middle of May) until the team is probably going to be set.

Comment

• Article on Harlond Beverly. Talented kid who was injured a year ago, but has since totally healed. According to Taylor, he is versatile and able to play positions 2-4 and is an elite defender who can guard any position, including good Point Guards. He has a little history with Paul Mills.

Why Miami transfer Harlond Beverly picked Wichita State and how he fits with Shockers

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...274431655.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                          Article on Harlond Beverly. Talented kid who was injured a year ago, but has since totally healed. According to Taylor, he is versatile and able to play positions 2-4 and is an elite defender who can guard any position, including good Point Guards. He has a little history with Paul Mills.

Why Miami transfer Harlond Beverly picked Wichita State and how he fits with Shockers

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...274431655.html
                          Trying to be balanced in my assessment/expectations for this young man is proving a difficult task, to say the least.

The guy pretty much checks every box you want in a teammate/student athlete.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Trying to be balanced in my assessment/expectations for this young man is proving a difficult task, to say the least.

The guy pretty much checks every box you want in a teammate/student athlete.

100%.

I think he has a chance to be a VERY good player. More than that I think he will be GREAT for the locker room and seems like he will be a great teammate. I think he will be a fan favorite. We tend to like tenacious defenders here at WSU ;).
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Hmmmmm

Comment

• Does anyone know if KP has visited elsewhere or any other school showing interest?

Comment

Working...
                                X