The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

As long as he promises never to put his hair in a man bun.
    Or dye it pink.

But if he does either, he'd be great on the ladies shocks team.

Comment

• Everytime I see his name I'm thinking maybe this guy his a hot dog. Did you bring the Grey Poupon? No but I did brind some Bijon.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Everytime I see his name I'm thinking maybe this guy his a hot dog. Did you bring the Grey Poupon? No but I did brind some Bijon.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Imagine the fan reaction to some team picking up Craig Portal off the portal prior to his last year. His stats would have looked like a solid backup PG.

Comment

• People really shouldn't judge based solely on stats. There are too many other qualities a kid might have. Stats alone don't tell the whole story

I thought FVV was too slow and un athletic....I wasn't the only one

Most of the stats are from their freshman and sophomore years

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I was curious how much playing with Grant Sherfield affected his numbers.
              OU had a really bad TEAM this year. They were a team full of 4* and 5* players, but they took last in the Big 12 with a 15-17 record. To analyze their season, it was similar to IB was last year. Porter Moser had no discipline on this team, he lost control, and Sherfield was the main guy in minutes played, shots taken, and while they don't have a stat for minutes with the ball in his hands, anyone can surmise how much time Sherfield had the ball. I have a feeling with all of the OU players in the portal, they were sickened by what Moser did this year.

Sherfield was their main mercenary recruited to save their program (much the same way many on here are viewing Abmas would save ours. He averaged 33+ minutes and took 419 shots. When he was in the game, I would guess, he had the ball almost all the time, and if anyone passed it to him, they would never see the ball again that possession.

Cortes played a good number of minutes in the games he played in (we know he missed some of the season, and a few games, with personal problems) averaging half of Sherfield's minutes per game (17). But even though he averaged half of the minutes of Sherfield, he shot the ball 77 times to Sherfield's 419 times which is 600% more shots taken by Sherfield than Cortes, even though Sherfield played only 100% more minutes.

I do see what Paul Mills is saying when he says that we need a TEAM. You can have all of the 4* and 5* guys you can get, but you still have to gel them together into a team. Moser sure didn't do that this year.

Comment

• Custer averaged 1.1pts before transferring from Iowa st to Loyola

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post
                  Custer averaged 1.1pts before transferring from Iowa st to Loyola
                  Cortes and Custer might be a good comparison. Custer was a good shooter, but he wasn't necessarily a volume shooter (that might have changed when they got to the NCAA and F4). He averaged 11 points and 2.7 assists. From the little video on Cortes, I think he will spread the ball around and be an assist man more than a shooter.

Comment

• anyone else want to pitch in and start a shampoo and conditioner company and have BC be our main spokesman?
                    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                      There you go. NIL possibilities. But I'm not sure size of the market for Bijan Cortez brand mustard would amount to a lot of revenue unless he gets real good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                        anyone else want to pitch in and start a shampoo and conditioner company and have BC be our main spokesman?
                        Only if he goes Trans and plays for the Shocker women. Then you might attract some attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Only if he goes Trans and plays for the Shocker women. Then you might attract some attention.
                          Wow. If that happens, the sky is the limit for advertising. Hormones replacements, Bud Light, etc.

Comment

• Hey, Troy Polamalu and Mahomes have a sweet gig with Head & Shoulders (even though, I’m pretty sure neither use the junk)
                            The Assman

Comment

• Some of you waiting for Duke's top scorer to enter the portal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                                Imagine the fan reaction to some team picking up Craig Portal off the portal prior to his last year. His stats would have looked like a solid backup PG.
                                Can you imagine Rob Barker, Laundry Shaman, and Craig Portal in the back court, lobbing passes to Garrett Shirts and Kent Photo?
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X