The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong thread.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 14, 2023, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• We interrupt this thread to bring you a softball update

Comment

• NM

Comment

• Probably a really good get

Comment

• Yeah, I think Bijan just hasn’t had a chance to fully showcase his full capabilities. I think he’d make a solid addition.

Comment

• Looks like a legit passer in the highlight video. Grab him and Grill both please.
              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Yes please.
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

"I know Texas is offering you a Ferrari... But LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS COOKIE!!!... and we spent all of 30 seconds making this shocker nation wants you photo in MS Paint!!!"
                  I had instant cringe at the cookie. Like embarrassed for the guy, embarrassed for the guy, that’s embarrassed for the guy that thought that up.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                    I had instant cringe at the cookie. Like embarrassed for the guy, embarrassed for the guy, that’s embarrassed for the guy that thought that up.
                    Glad I wasn't the only one lol.

Comment

• That could have just been a fan/NIL contributor that wanted to help contribute to the visit in some way
                      The Assman

Comment

• I'd prefer 2 years at OU with underwhelming numbers over 2 years of JuCo ball with decent numbers. The guy who's familiar with D1 and has had better coaching should get up to speed a lot faster than a JuCo guy.

If Mills can get a commit from Cortes, then the worst scenario is that Cortes is the starter and Bell is the backup. That's not an ideal situation, but this is not likely to be a year where "ideal" should be expected. Even with the portal, starting to recruit in late March is a terribly difficult task. But that's what you get when you change coaches.

Mills is going to have to take what he can get and move the program back up into something respectable before he's going to have a decent shot at the caliber of player that several posters think he should be signing today.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I also think Cortes looks like a really solid backup PG. Definitely an upgrade over Scott/Flanagan.

Comment

• I'm a bit befuddled by so many folks obsession with stats and ratings. Some on here like to use strength of schedule of a team to help assess an individual player. That's just a joke. Strength of schedule is about as reliable as NCAA tournament seedings. And so many of us like to use game averages of points, rebounds and assist, without consideration of the role of a guy within the system he played in.

I get it, we are a bean counter world. But being so focused on just numbers can be very deceiving. How were Porters numbers when Etienne was here? Ozell Jones when AC and Cliff were here? TP had good numbers, but would you want him, hell no! His impact on his team, was negative.

All I'm saying is that numbers are not always the best indicator of a players value.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                              I'm a bit befuddled by so many folks obsession with stats and ratings. Some on here like to use strength of schedule of a team to help assess an individual player. That's just a joke. Strength of schedule is about as reliable as NCAA tournament seedings. And so many of us like to use game averages of points, rebounds and assist, without consideration of the role of a guy within the system he played in.

I get it, we are a bean counter world. But being so focused on just numbers can be very deceiving. How were Porters numbers when Etienne was here? Ozell Jones when AC and Cliff were here? TP had good numbers, but would you want him, hell no! His impact on his team, was negative.

All I'm saying is that numbers are not always the best indicator of a players value.
                              Exactamundo my friend.

What if Craig would have transferred in after this season? Meh, he's not a starter. He probably played against a poor schedule. He sucks...

CP .jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                                Looks like a legit passer in the highlight video. Grab him and Grill both please.
                                As long as he promises never to put his hair in a man bun.

Comment

Working...
                                X