The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Add him to our collection of solid backups ..
    Shocked at this post ! Surprising take.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

Someone else called him a backup. You gonna jump on their nuts too?
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Let's get all the 2 ppg scorers we can in here !!!

Comment

• FWIW I’m pretty sure he missed several games this year because of a mental or family issue. Looked like he might quit but then stuck it out rest of the season.

Played 12 MPG as a freshman on a bubble team that was an NIT 1seed. Had multiple big offers out of HS.

Despite being me sarcastic, totally understand why some would be meh. But again seems like a lot of untapped potential. Ala Beverly.

Comment

FWIW I’m pretty sure he missed several games this year because of a mental or family issue. Looked like he might quit but then stuck it out rest of the season.

Played 12 MPG as a freshman on a bubble team that was an NIT 1seed. Had multiple big offers out of HS.

Despite being me sarcastic, totally understand why some would be meh. But again seems like a lot of untapped potential. Ala Beverly.
            Tbh, as long as we land some people that are much more proven, this seems like a pretty solid guy to bring in as a depth piece that might grow into a core piece by his senior year.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

There is NIL and then there is NIL. Doesn't sound like Armchair's stash is all that impressive at this point. However, we have no idea what individual entities might be doing through Opendorse or directly. Personally, I dislike the NIL acronym Let's call it was it really is, which is PTP (Pay-to-Play) money.
              I mean you’re not wrong. For a city as rich as ours we need to step it up if we want to compete. That being said, I think there’s enough talent out there that we can bring here.

I know Mills keeps saying we’re not going after talent, that we’re after pieces that fit (although fit what, as he’s mentioned he’s gonna fit the system to the talent… that we’re supposedly not going after?), but good food just tastes better with higher quality ingredients.

my main point stands though.

the game is different now, and we need to have a coach who’s capable of taking a new roster to the tourney in order to succeed in this new era.

Comment

Tbh, as long as we land some people that are much more proven, this seems like a pretty solid guy to bring in as a depth piece that might grow into a core piece by his senior year.
                Totally agree.

Comment

• Cortes played with a bunch of ball hogs at OU but he is capable of double/doubles against anyone especially in Mills offense. He legitimately dominated everyone in HS due to school size but was also great in AAU ball playing with the 4 and 5 star players….and fans will love him.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Cortes played with a bunch of ball hogs at OU but he is capable of double/doubles against anyone especially in Mills offense. He legitimately dominated everyone in HS due to school size but was also great in AAU ball playing with the 4 and 5 star players….and fans will love him.
                    I was curious how much playing with Grant Sherfield affected his numbers.

Comment

• I hope Mills gets this guy, think he has lots of potential.

Comment

• I know it’s a short highlight clip but he seems like a decent ball handler and passer.

Comment

Giant cookie to close the deal.
                          I’m pretty sure I could eat that entire cookie. Probably at one setting. Nom nom nom…ahh cookie..nom nom.

Comment

I was curious how much playing with Grant Sherfield affected his numbers.
                            I would say a lot.

Comment

• This kid would be a solid addition.

Hopefully, the dream of him learning and backing up Abmas for year is still in play.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Someone else called him a backup. You gonna jump on their nuts too?
                                Are you and stick now dating or something?
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X