The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Are the assistant coaches still working?
    Good question... I'm not sure. Their contracts are separate so maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Are the assistant coaches still working?
      I believe they are and ADKS mentioned them in his release.
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Comment

portal kombat lmfao

Comment

Hope Walton, Rogers, Pierre, and Pohto are of those mentioned.

Walton is the key piece. Keep him and you probably can convince others to stay.
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              Not saying yea or nay on the poll at this time, but I think holding on to Rogers is very important.
              If I was Rogers I would probably wait to see who the coach is, but his family has pretty much said on social media if Brown goes, he goes.

Comment

Hiring the right coach >>>>>> Retaining players from the current roster (even though I do hope some of them stay)

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

If I was Rogers I would probably wait to see who the coach is, but his family has pretty much said on social media if Brown goes, he goes.
                  That's ok, he hasn't proven anything at WSU.

Comment

While I want all the key guys to come back, including Rogers, I do not want malcontents on team.

Comment

Walton, Pierre, Pohto are all I care about in that order. The rest I wish good luck to. And if I had to, I’d be okay with just Walton.

I want to see what our new coach can do with a fancy NIL system and a fat wallet behind him in the transfer portal

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

I was saying that because I felt that he should not have been left off the poll. I'm not even sure if my post was before or after the news of Brown firing. I thought it was before. I felt Rogers was just as equal in value as, at least, some listed.

Also, if he leaves before we hire our new coach and not give that coach a chance to talk to him and his family, well, BYE and your welcome for the free year of education that you did nothing for.

Comment

Transfer portal is nuts right now. Getting a new notification about every 3 or 4 seconds lol
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I was saying that because I felt that he should not have been left off the poll. I'm not even sure if my post was before or after the news of Brown firing. I thought it was before. I felt Rogers was just as equal in value as, at least, some listed.

Also, if he leaves before we hire our new coach and not give that coach a chance to talk to him and his family, well, BYE and your welcome for the free year of education that you did nothing for.
                            That I agree with. His value to me is that it will save the new coach the time and effort of recruiting someone with equal potential.

Comment

I don't know if we were even considered but I think playing in the CBI tournament would have been wise. It would have kept some current players busy/occupied perhaps delaying their decisions a week or so while the coaching search goes on. Abidde and Ricks would surely have benefited if they were both given substantial minutes to showcase their skills to a future coach. True for the PG applicants, as well. The CBI field isn't that bad or beneath us, at least not this year.
                              Last edited by asiseeit; March 13, 2023, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                                I don't know if we were even considered but I think playing in the CBI tournament would have been wise. It would have kept some current players busy/occupied perhaps delaying their decisions a week or so while the coaching search goes on. Abidde and Ricks would surely have benefited if they were both given substantial minutes to showcase their skills to a future coach. True for the PG applicants, as well. The CBI field isn't that bad or beneath us.
                                Yeah, very possible it could have delayed some decisions. With that said, I think ADKS was ready to rip the band aid off. Also, I'm pretty sure the CBI/CIT cost money. (Not sure how much).

Comment

Working...
                                X