• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Obviously RJ didn't get buckets

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
        Obviously RJ didn't get buckets
        RJ was the only freshman among 5 forwards. 2 were seniors, 1 junior, and 1 a sophomore. RJ split time with the junior and only played 8.8 mpg. The sophomore was more of 5 at 6'11". One of the seniors was out most of the season, not playing until mid-January. Had RJ played 27 mpg, he would have averaged around 9 ppg and 6 rebounds. Not bad for a freshman.

Comment

• Need two portals. One for coaches to place players who are losing scholarships. No sit out. The other for players who want out. One year sit out with exceptions like the NCAA has for a second free trfr. Get rid of the free trfr for players whose scholarships would be renewed.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• nm

Comment

• 967 as of this evening.

Comment

• A great interview with Charles Barkley on 60 minutes last night. Talking about the game of college hoops and he basically said that NIL has destroyed a beautiful game ie college hoops. Yes it has.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  Need two portals. One for coaches to place players who are losing scholarships. No sit out. The other for players who want out. One year sit out with exceptions like the NCAA has for a second free trfr. Get rid of the free trfr for players whose scholarships would be renewed.
                  Too complicated. The new rules are fine so long as they don’t hand out 2nd transfers like candy under the “mental health” clause.

Our best approach to recruiting is to snag the former 3-4 star guys that didn’t get much playing time at the P5 level, exactly like this RJ guy. They’re somewhat locked in and we get them for 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    A great interview with Charles Barkley on 60 minutes last night. Talking about the game of college hoops and he basically said that NIL has destroyed a beautiful game ie college hoops. Yes it has.
                    I missed most of it, but did catch the part when he said he hates the NIL and in the next 5 years, there will only be 25 good teams in college basketball. My crystal ball tells me that isn't going to happen ("Talk to me Ross"). Charles is a hoot.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 6'7" PF DeShang Weaver from Oral Roberts is in the transfer portal. One year of eligibility left and can transfer without penalty. Averaged 6 pts (40% from deep) and 2 reb off the bench for ORU last year.

https://www.barttorvik.com/playersta...Oral%20Roberts
                      Last edited by TrackSuitAndTie; March 27, 2023, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Scrolling through the portal and a couple names have piqued my interest for one reason or another. I haven't done much research on any of them and don't know enough about what they're looking for, but I'm bored. Also, I pretty much focused on big men and PGs.

Nate Barnhart is a 7' RS Freshman transferring out of Wyoming. He's from the KC area. A bit thin, but can shoot from outside, handles the ball fairly well and is decently athletic. I'm all for big guy projects and would be interested in this one if we bring back Pohto or find someone who can step in and play. I don't know enough to project long term on this kid, but I think there's some potential there to add value. Would definitely benefit from adding 20-30 pounds.

Davion Bradford is a 7' Sophomore transferring out of Wake Forest. He from STL. Looks like a more traditional big man and thick (270) who is efficient around the basket. Had respectable numbers as a true FR averaging 7.7 and 4.3 in 21 minutes. PT decreased after that season though. Don't know why.

Joel Brown is a 6'3" Junior PG transferring out of Cal. He's from Canada. He's got a lot of experience. Stats aren't fantastic, but solid enough.

Zach Clemence is a 6'10" Sophomore PF transferring out of Kansas. He's from San Antonio. Little used at KU but they do generally recruit pretty good talent.

Ta'lon Cooper is a 6'4" Junior PG transferring out of Minnesota. From SC. He's had some pretty solid stats and logged a lot of minutes. Could provide a solid one year PG to help develop a younger one.

Nelly Junior Joseph is a 6'9" Sophomore PF transferring out of Iona. From Nigeria. Averaged 15 and 9 for the Gaels. Wouldn't be surprised if he follows Pitino, and if not, I'm sure he'll have a lot of suitors. Wouldn't mind seeing him in Wichita.

Dayvion McKnight is a 6'1" Junior PG transferring out of Western Kentucky. From Kentucky. Pretty solid guard that I'm sure will generate a fair amount of interest. Guessing he's leaving due to the coaching change.

Chance McMillian is a 6'3" Sophomore PG transferring out of Grand Canyon. From Cali. Another guard with some pretty solid stats out of the WAC that looks like he's wanting to step up in competition level as he's not transferring due to PT.

Kenny Pohto is a 6'11" Sophomore C out of Wichita State. From Sweden. This guy has shown a lot of upside and could be a massive get if utilized properly. I'd love to have this one.

Jaykwon Walton is a 6'7" Junior G out of Wichita State. From Georgia. Very athletic and talented do it all wing that would look great in black and yellow.

Only a couple of guys I'd be willing to go all in on, and some that make me think maybe. Again, I'm mostly just bored and I'm sure I missed some while scrolling. 900+ names and a narrowish focus will do that.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                          Offered by both WSU and Oral Roberts out of HS.

Comment

• '22 four star recruit from Nebraska (Isaac Traudt) has entered the portal. Looks like he redshirt at Virginia this year. He's a 6'10" FR. Don't know much else about him.

I think I'm a little obsessed with adding size to the roster.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Kentucky's PG, Sahvir Wheeler in the portal. Houston kid.

Comment

• Worth a shout
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X