The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post

Had no idea Valley was putting out D1 talent. I agree, love to see local kids play for WSU.
    Averaged 1.9 points, 1.3 rebounds with 23% shooting for Illinois State. We can do much better.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Former Valley Center HS player Joe Patrakis 6'10 PF/C in portal and "reportedly" wants to come home. Personally, I like local kids. PF is one of our needs. May, or may not, be a possible starter but a very experienced player who could play a lot of minutes.
      This guy is on the TP plan (minus the jackhole attitude, I hope).

18-19: Dodge City
      19-20: KSU (redshirt)
      20-21: KSU (COVID freebie)
      21-22: Western Carolina
      22-23: Illinois State
      23-24: ?????
      78-65

Comment

• He can come back and walk-on if he'd like
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Looks like Charlotte may have just lost their starting big man to the portal. 6'11" Sophomore out of Egypt. Averaged about 12 and 6 and nearly 3 assists.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            Looks like Charlotte may have just lost their starting big man to the portal. 6'1" Sophomore out of Egypt. Averaged about 12 and 6 and nearly 3 assists.
            I’m going to assume that a 6’1” big man who averages six rebounds a game is a typo. Either way, I’m interested lol.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Yes, 6'11". My keyboard at work sometimes doesn't play nice. It'll stop working for short periods of time or start doubling up letters for no reason at all.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Yes, 6'11". My keyboard at work sometimes doesn't play nice. It'll stop working for short periods of time or start doubling up letters for no reason at all.
                Nice. Thanks for tracking this stuff. I don’t have the energy.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Nice. Thanks for tracking this stuff. I don’t have the energy.
                  No problem. I'm kind of between larger projects at work so I have a little too much free time at the moment.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

No problem. I'm kind of between larger projects at work so I have a little too much free time at the moment.
                    Then find us a POINT GUARD!!
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

This guy is on the TP plan (minus the jackhole attitude, I hope).

18-19: Dodge City
                      19-20: KSU (redshirt)
                      20-21: KSU (COVID freebie)
                      21-22: Western Carolina
                      22-23: Illinois State
                      23-24: ?????
                      Didn't realize he had such an off year at Ill St but at Western he averaged 23 min a game and shot nearly 35% from deep on 168 attempts. Wouldn't likely be a starter here but his size and experience could give us some frontline depth and, again, a local product. Don't know a thing about deportment.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

This was in the other portal thread in the Men's Basketball forum:

Now, why we have two 2023 Transfer Portal threads in two separate forums is not clear to me but we do.

My assumption was that the other transfer portal thread was for general discussion about the portal and complaining about the gigantic mess it has created out of D-1 college basketball, and this thread was specifically for our outgoing players and for recruits we are targeting. I'm probably wrong about that, but I think it sounds real good.
                        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• One interesting name in the portal at point guard is Taran Armstrong from Cal Baptist.

Stats: 11.5 PPG, 4.5 RPG, 5.0 APG

Taran Armstrong entered the 2022-23 season on the Draftables list and while his season didn't live up to expectations, there is a lot to be excited about what he can do when surrounded by better players.

He is a 6-foot-5 point guard with speed, wiggle, high IQ and impacts the game as a playmaker, facilitator, he can make shots off the catch and pull and score out of ball-screens.

Here is a link to the article about the top early transfers:

Comment

• Charlotte just lost their starting shooting guard to the portal. 6'7" Junior that averaged 14 and 5 while shooting a hair under 40% from deep.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Many reasons a guy could redshirt.

Comment

• I don't care if we ever recruit or sign a 'big man' that purportedly can shoot from 'deep' again. Unless you're Kevin Durant part 2 (and newsflash, you AREN'T) get your ass in the paint and go to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X