No announcement yet.

The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This portal recruiting, with PM evaluations, priorities/rankings, and player hopes and wishes has too many moving parts for me to know what ends up happening. They all sound good to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
      Wonder if he is a combo guard who can handle the ball and play some point when needed ?
      According to a link I heard on SN, HCPM teams focus on good ball handles and have been even ranked in the top 10 or very respectable in keeping team turnovers to a mild roar.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

According to a link I heard on SN, HCPM teams focus on good ball handles and have been even ranked in the top 10 or very respectable in keeping team turnovers to a mild roar.
        You know who HATES that metric with the passion of one thousand burning Suns? James Rojas.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

will be refreshing after having season after season of atomic bombs the last 4-5 years

Comment

• Low turnovers has been preached here for a long time now (although IB took a breather from preaching it).

Comment

• I'd take Thompson in a heartbeat
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Three star and recruited by ORU out of HS.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...9/bijan-cortes

Comment

• I for one would welcome the guy known as Mitch from Dazed and Confused, or alternatively, the Hispanic Hansen brother.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Summary of WSU targets under HCPM thus far. I only included those who have been publicly linked to the Shox from a reputable source. I will try and keep this updated as more become known.

Targets.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                      I'd take Thompson in a heartbeat
                      I have nothing against him if PM likes him, but Thompson isn’t highly rated. What do you base your opinion on? Just Oral Roberts statistics, or have you seen him play? Bates and Jennings were higher rated recruits.

If he fits Paul Mills style of play and team building, I say fine. However, I know nothing about him, except for a hi-lite video from high school, or maybe an Oral Roberts hi-lite video.

Comment

• Looks like according to the ORU website that Thompson is related to a Malcolm Armstead who played pro basketball. May be more than one Malcolm Armstead that has played pro basketball but sure sounds like the former Shocker MA.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox7 View Post
                          Looks like according to the ORU website that Thompson is related to a Malcolm Armstead who played pro basketball. May be more than one Malcolm Armstead that has played pro basketball but sure sounds like the former Shocker MA.
                          A quick check on Twitter shows Kareem Thompson follows Malcolm Armstead (our Malcolm Armstead).

So, either a huge coincidence, or you are correct.

I am betting you are correct.
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I have nothing against him if PM likes him, but Thompson isn’t highly rated. What do you base your opinion on? Just Oral Roberts statistics, or have you seen him play? Bates and Jennings were higher rated recruits.

If he fits Paul Mills style of play and team building, I say fine. However, I know nothing about him, except for a hi-lite video from high school, or maybe an Oral Roberts hi-lite video.
                            He is a sort of tough do the dirty work type of team guy. Probably not gonna be flashy or score 20 a game but he feels a need on the Shox roster. You aren’t going to get 13 four or three star guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

He is a sort of tough do the dirty work type of team guy. Probably not gonna be flashy or score 20 a game but he feels a need on the Shox roster. You aren’t going to get 13 four or three star guys.
                              He’ll battle for some rebounds. He also gives some extra effort, and is usually mentally tough. Ya know…kinda of a mtxe kinda guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Like I said above. If Mills likes him, I’m fine with it. I haven’t heard of any 4* guys that we have yet. I hope we get 3-5 of them. 3* guys are fine too, and I like your description of needing dirty work, team guys for the other 7-8 positions. But we already have some of those. We need some 4* guys to build around. Bates would be one of those.

Comment

Working...
                                X