The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Both armchair and Taylor posting that they resigned another player. Announcement within 24 hours.

Edit: Taylor mentioned now it wasn't a starter... So wasn't one I wanted to keep.

Interesting thought, what if Armchair resigns someone but then the new coach runs them off...

Comment

• Slow day today-594 have entered portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          Both armchair and Taylor posting that they resigned another player. Announcement within 24 hours.

Edit: Taylor mentioned now it wasn't a starter... So wasn't one I wanted to keep.

Interesting thought, what if Armchair resigns someone but then the new coach runs them off...
          Xavier Bell would make sense as someone who probably wants to stay at home regardless of coach.

Comment

• But XB wasn't in the portal was he? Has to be MF

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              But XB wasn't in the portal was he? Has to be MF
              I don't think Taylor said it was necessarily anyone currently in the portal. Colby wasn't in the portal when he resigned.

I think XB or Abidde. Abidde has been in the gym a ton working on his game.
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

I don't think Taylor said it was necessarily anyone currently in the portal. Colby wasn't in the portal when he resigned.

I think XB or Abidde. Abidde has been in the gym a ton working on his game.
                Hoping IA stays. With the right coach, he has the potential to be a beast.

Comment

Both armchair and Taylor posting that they resigned another player. Announcement within 24 hours.

XB and IA are fine. However, KP and JW have to be priorities in front of them. Armchair needs to wait now. Maybe they didn’t offer very much money, and that would be ok. We need some depth, but with that many players in the portal, we may have more options. Allow a new coach his say. We need a Point guard more than depth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

XB and IA are fine. However, KP and JW have to be priorities in front of them. Armchair needs to wait now. Maybe they didn’t offer very much money, and that would be ok. We need some depth, but with that many players in the portal, we may have more options. Allow a new coach his say. We need a Point guard more than depth.
                    Agree. I can see potential conflicts by making deals especially with the non-starters this year. New coach may encourage some to transfer out, this would only give them a reason not to

Comment

• Not trying to start anything, but I have an honest question. Would WSU and Armchair Strategies be spending NIL money on players the new coach may not want or without his approval? I'm just wondering.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                        Not trying to start anything, but I have an honest question. Would WSU and Armchair Strategies be spending NIL money on players the new coach may not want or without his approval? I'm just wondering.
                        WSU can't have anything to do with it. Coach can't either, but I'm sure there are dark alley discussions at most schools.

Comment

Gotta be Abbide then

Comment

• Stickboy46, you and I are wondering the same thing. Technically, hypothetically Kellen Sampson is not right now the head coach. If he talked directly to Armchair Strategies about players, there is no NCAA violation that I know of.

Comment

• So how do these NIL contracts work? I am intrigued by all of these signed deals when the players have no idea who they will be playing for. Or do they know?????

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
                                Not trying to start anything, but I have an honest question. Would WSU and Armchair Strategies be spending NIL money on players the new coach may not want or without his approval? I'm just wondering.
                                What happens with these deals if an incoming coach doesn't want the player? Seems kind of premature of armchair strategies to ink a deal with bench player with no coach in place.

Comment

Working...
                                X