The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I know what he did prior at sunrise. He's 6'11" and will never advance to NBA level without an inside game. Teams live and die on 3 point shots because even the best 3 point shooting teams have off nights. WSU needs a strong inside presence and if he doesn't want to do that, I'm good with him transferring out.
    There are very few post plays in the modern NBA, they account for less than 5% of all possessions. Even the star centers are more involved in other types of plays, and backups basically won't get post plays called for them at all. The type of inside game they want is what Kenny Pohto showed in the second half of the last season: rolling to the basket in the PNR and cuts. Kenny's issues making it to the NBA would be about his interior defense, not his offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

There are very few post plays in the modern NBA, they account for less than 5% of all possessions. Even the star centers are more involved in other types of plays, and backups basically won't get post plays called for them at all. The type of inside game they want is what Kenny Pohto showed in the second half of the last season: rolling to the basket in the PNR and cuts. Kenny's issues making it to the NBA would be about his interior defense, not his offense.
      Even if you're correct, which I don't believe totally, he has to learn to be more physical. His value even if he was hitting 3s, isn't worth any more than a 6'2" guard on the offensive end untill he learns to play more physical. He's not a ball handler, average rebounder, great passer, but not much of a scoring threat at present. Just bulking up and being more physical would help rebounding, and if they are offensive rebounds, it would increase his scoring and shooting percentage. He is basically wasting about 7"-8" of his height

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

I'll give him a whole quarter to come rub my bunion. And I'll give you one too tracksuit.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

K State got added.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

K State got added.
            Interesting. Surely they wouldn't land BOTH Abmas and Perry would they?
            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
              Isn't Koch an international company ?

Comment

• Koch's website says they have over 500 Swiss employees currently.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Interesting. Surely they wouldn't land BOTH Abmas and Perry would they?
                  Different positions so it's possible if they want to share.

I'm already over kstate being relevant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Dude View Post
                    Koch's website says they have over 500 Swiss employees currently.
                    How many Swedish?
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• He could become an Ikea spokeman?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Different positions so it's possible if they want to share.

I'm already over kstate being relevant.
                        Seems like a good kid and commitment for kstate, but a questionable comment from the young man… sorry KU, your head coach is a whitey…

“I think it was the coaching staff," Castillo said to 247Sports when asked why he picked Kansas State. "Coach Tang, Coach Perry, Coach Dowling and Coach Maligi. I feel that as an all-black staff they really know how to teach kids on the court and off the court."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Seems like a good kid and commitment for kstate, but a questionable comment from the young man… sorry KU, your head coach is a whitey…

“I think it was the coaching staff," Castillo said to 247Sports when asked why he picked Kansas State. "Coach Tang, Coach Perry, Coach Dowling and Coach Maligi. I feel that as an all-black staff they really know how to teach kids on the court and off the court."

Wow. I can't imagine if a white kid said this about an all white coaching staff. All hell would break loose

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Hopefully he was misinterpreted. I would understand if he said he could relate better to an all black staff which is probably what he meant.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Hopefully he was misinterpreted. I would understand if he said he could relate better to an all black staff which is probably what he meant.
                              Much better. How about a kid from Valley Center saying they would like to go somewhere where they had a white staff? uh-huh

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Much better. How about a kid from Valley Center saying they like to go somewhere where they had a white staff? uh-huh
                                Yeah that wouldn’t fly….

Comment

Working...
                                X