No announcement yet.

The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OUCH ! Now we have an immediate need for a quality PG AND a Center, actually two of each please. Just not seeing how we compete in the new world of basketball $$$$. Losing interest each year.
    Last edited by asiseeit; March 13, 2023, 01:18 PM.

Comment

R-E-L-A-X...the portal works both ways

Comment

If he could bulk up 15-20 lbs I could see him possibly doing some damage in the "majors"...but this one...I kinda don't see it. Our previous transfers we could see doing some damage elsewhere. Good kid...all the best to him and good luck.
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
          OUCH ! Now we have an immediate need for a quality PG AND a Center, actually two of each please. Just not seeing how we compete in the new world of basketball $$$$. Losing interest each year.
          He may just as likely end up at WSU next year as anywhere else. The portal isn't an absolute commitment; it's putting his name out there.
          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
            We all knew this was going to happen...

Comment

Nobody knows for sure that any current WSU player who enters the portal now wouldn’t have done the same thing if IB had been retained. Unfortunately the portal is the world we live in.

Comment

Originally posted by DwShock View Post
                Nobody knows for sure that any current WSU player who enters the portal now wouldn’t have done the same thing if IB had been retained. Unfortunately the portal is the world we live in.
                Exactly. I half expected a few of them to leave anyway. Just part of it now-a-days
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I don't blame Pohto, but he was at the top of my short list of guys I'd like to return.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Need to find the right General.

If a few soldiers are lost along the way, thank them for their sacrifice, but focus on the future.
                    The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      I don't blame Pohto, but he was at the top of my short list of guys I'd like to return.
                      Same. But I had a feeling he was teetering on leaving anyway. Won't go into why I felt that way. Nothing concrete, just know someone that spoke to him often. But this probably just sealed the deal for him. Although nothing is final yet. Maybe he will have a change of heart. We will see.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Even more important that Ballard gets healthy. I am afraid he won't ever be 100%, but we can hope.

He is one that I expect to stay as of right now. Unless he has had a change of heart now that it's official with Brown.

Comment

Am I correct in thinking that Kenny Pohto can't earn money from NIL because he's on a student visa? I think Oscar Tshiebwe ran into that issue but UK found a loophole.

Comment

Comment

Our old friend Noah Fernandes is in the portal again.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Some other school about to get them a Charmin soft center
                                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                                X