The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Absolutely improved and anyone that doesn't think he can/will contribute to a successful program here doesn't understand athletics.
    I agree that he improved. My problem is that the nil deals was set before a coach is in place. What if that coach has plans for others to come into the team at that position. While unlikely at this point, how far down the bench do they do nil deals with prior to a coach coming in?

Comment

• I am surprised by how many say they are coming back no matter who the next coach is. May be why there are so few players in the portal now.

Comment

• Hopefully there’s a way to prorate QB’s NIL deal. Maybe give him some motivation to contribute more than the 100 minutes he put on the court this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          Yes, keeping Mr. Ballard is a good idea.
          Where was he gonna go?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Inter conference transfers shouldn’t be free either. It just encourages tampering.
            Yeah, I heard there are many coaches that would like to do away with the post game handshake lines as well. Some programs find that a great way to recruit the opposing team players.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadDog View Post

Yeah, I heard there are many coaches that would like to do away with the post game handshake lines as well. Some programs find that a great way to recruit the opposing team players.
              I remember last year, in the post-game interviews after we played Houston — Kelvin Sampson was saying what a fine player Craig Porter is. He said, “He could play for me…”. I thought, “Stop it. This is not a shopping trip.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
                I am surprised by how many say they are coming back no matter who the next coach is. May be why there are so few players in the portal now.
                Money+needing to sit out is why Colby and Ballard are staying

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Where was he gonna go?
                  Syracuse also recruited him so I'm sure at 7 ft. tall he had options.
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I will say, I hope we get a new coach soon. I keep seeing transfers list the schools that have contacted them and we obviously are on none of them. Need to get working the portal soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Where was he gonna go?
                      This! Very limited options. Of course he’s coming back. Hasn’t shown he can stay on the court consistently.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

Syracuse also recruited him so I'm sure at 7 ft. tall he had options.
                        Height doesn’t matter on the bench.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Height doesn’t matter on the bench.
                          Injuries can keep players on the bench. Quality bench depth was one of many recipes of 3G's success. I'm glad he gets another chance.

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Rienk Mast, the big guy from Bradley, is in the portal. Two years of eligibility left but has made it clear he's looking for a power-5 team.

"I'm looking for a great basketball spot," Mast said. "Bradley is a great basketball spot. But you get to play against high majors 4-5 times a season. I want to see how I match up and play under bright lights every night. I want to see how I stack up against the best competition in college.

"I've been on the phone with a couple teams, it's chaotic and I'm just trying to make sense of it all," Mast said. "It's a lot. I'm looking for a Power 5 school. I've heard from 10 so far."

Comment

• Hope the new coach can improve Ballard's game. He's a tall rim protector. That's it for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                Rienk Mast, the big guy from Bradley, is in the portal. Two years of eligibility left but has made it clear he's looking for a power-5 team.

At least he said what every other decent MM player is thinking. Good find, Royal.

Comment

Working...
                                X