• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Kind of need a coach for that
    Noone to go after available portal players, HS players or at Hutch

Comment

• Tulane's Nobal Days has entered the portal.

Temple's Zach Hicks has also entered the portal.

Temple is going to be filling a lot of 'ships
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Large day post Spring Break most places. 658 and rolling.

Comment

• SMU's Jefferson Koulibaly has entered the portal.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
            Maybe I should ask this question in the "sticky" NIL thread. Exactly how are these contributions tax-deductible? Can a business also go directly to an athlete for an endorsement/commercial, or does the business have to work through Armchair Strategies?
            I'm guessing the tax deduction is if the player is being paid to do something for a non profit. Not for sure though.

As far as the second question. A business could go directly to a player. Unless they are signed with armchair in which they might have some sort of exclusivity agreement. The benefit to going through armchair is they make sure all the NCAA side of the paperwork is done and done correctly because these have to be reported to remain eligible.

As far as the "what if they leave" thing. From what I've seen from things announced at other schools is there are general requirements that have to be met that would be nearly impossible if a player leaves. For instance, one I've seen requires the player to reside in a particular city, and be available for X appearances of the NILs choosing. This would make it pretty easy for the NIL to void if the player moved to another school. So while it can't be tied to athletic performance or attendance at a school, you can do it other ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

XB is a good student and a local kid who improved over the course of the season. Happy for him to come back.
              Absolutely improved and anyone that doesn't think he can/will contribute to a successful program here doesn't understand athletics.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Absolutely improved and anyone that doesn't think he can/will contribute to a successful program here doesn't understand athletics.
                He improved when he decided to drive in to the lane, which in my opinion is where he can make some noise. Getting to the basket. Don't fall in love with the three so much.

Comment

• One other variable to consider:

As Student Employees get their one free transfer, the number will inevitably start to trend down in year 3 and 4.

There will still be the sit out a year transfers, but now a large number of the Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores have used the free transfer and might not want to sit out a year.

While this year might remain at a high level, inevitably the number of transfers will settle into a more “new normal” level.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                    One other variable to consider:

As Student Employees get their one free transfer, the number will inevitably start to trend down in year 3 and 4.

There will still be the sit out a year transfers, but now a large number of the Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores have used the free transfer and might not want to sit out a year.

While this year might remain at a high level, inevitably the number of transfers will settle into a more “new normal” level.
                    The grad transfer freebie should go away if the initial freebie has been used. But that wouldn’t benefit the P5’ers, so scratch that idea.
                    78-65

Comment

• Nm posted in wrong thread
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Makes sense. He told my daughter after the tourney in DFW that he was coming back "no matter what"
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I wonder what Kellen could do with Quincy.

Comment

• If Ballard can stay healthy he will at least be a rim protector. Nothing wrong with that. He just never got to hit his stride.

Comment

• Yes, keeping Mr. Ballard is a good idea.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

The grad transfer freebie should go away if the initial freebie has been used. But that wouldn’t benefit the P5’ers, so scratch that idea.
                                Inter conference transfers shouldn’t be free either. It just encourages tampering.

Comment

Working...
                                X