The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    If we can't get KP and JW back or hire a really REALLY dynamic coach who can recruit quickly our program is in shambles. I'll wait to see how it all plays out but I am NOT optimistic. We could be at the bottom of the pack next year. I'm beginning to think letting IB go was a mistake. Go ahead, let me have it with both barrels.
    Must be a shocker faithfull member

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Bull****.
      Mrs. Brown?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Yeah at the tourney he was acting a little......off. Didn't want to read too much into it. Even leaving the hotel...etc.

Not saying he definitely would have. But I just got the feeling that something was going on with him.
        I thought the same. I wondered if he was unhappy that he didn’t get to start, but figured he’d been missing practice while he was sick.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Must be a shocker faithfull member
          Define "shocker faithful" and I'll clear it up for you

Comment

Define "shocker faithful" and I'll clear it up for you
            It is a facebook group, who have takes amazingly close to yours.

Comment

• Houston is about to make us some money. We will take it.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                Houston is about to make us some money. We will take it.
                Took my money tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Yeah at the tourney he was acting a little......off. Didn't want to read too much into it. Even leaving the hotel...etc.

Not saying he definitely would have. But I just got the feeling that something was going on with him.
                  I called that out in the game threads. The last handful of games his body language was bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

It is a facebook group, who have takes amazingly close to yours.
                    Since I am not on facebook could you give me a couple examples? My definition is probably quite different from yours. I simply want to be one of the big dogs again able to take down other big dogs. It's hard for me to even be interested in March Madness to a large degree anymore other than rooting for the small dogs to bite the big ones. I want us to dance again and soon.

Comment

Since I am not on facebook could you give me a couple examples? My definition is probably quite different from yours. I simply want to be one of the big dogs again able to take down other big dogs. It's hard for me to even be interested in March Madness to a large degree anymore other than rooting for the small dogs to bite the big ones. I want us to dance again and soon.
                      We were never going to be a big dog with IB
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• A lot of angst out there about woulda shoulda coulda. What's done is done and once you decide on a course of action lots of folks willing to second guess it. ADKS made a decision, and made a decision on this course with what was the best information available. It seems as if every time in its storied past that WSU has had to make a hire in its basketball program a great deal has depended on making a better than good hire. This time is no different. This will be an important hire once again in that according to the article by TE today the WSU job is still perceived to be an excellent job by young up and coming coaches. The hire needs to be a good one because a bad one will move us further away from the luster of our recent past with FHCGM. As far as the discussion on the transfer portal. No one can guess what young men will do when given a choice in trying to move forward. Just seems there is so much wasted effort trying to create scenarios of what is going to happen when most of the players in this drama don't. The way I compare the portal is to liken it to Free Agency in the professional world of sports. Everyone has an opportunity to see what others think his "value" is. Perhaps it is a decision made on playing time or national exposure to raise his value after his collegiate days or maybe it is more immediate monetary concerns with a better NIL agreement. I'm afraid this will be a continued concern for most programs from here on with concerns over over achieving players being poached by the supposed blue bloods. I believe that with a strong, well funded NIL foundation in place that WSU can and should find itself in a stronger position going forward for the lone fact that our NIL monies will not be diluted by having to fund the beast that has become college football. Transfer rules must be addressed by someone and I don't see the ncaa doing much for the simple reason that the ncaa is basically a toothless entity unwilling to try and legislate complex problems out of the fear of once again losing a lawsuit. I do have great confidence that ADKS will make a very good choice that most/all can support going forward. Kind of long winded sorry. Go Shocks
                        Last edited by pogo; March 17, 2023, 10:13 AM.

Comment

• Future conference mate Rice lost a couple to the portal last night. Not sure if Mason Jones or Jaden Geron played much of a role for them.

UTSA I think has lost about half of their roster (6). Probably not a bad thing lol.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• 554 as of this morning.

Comment

• Players entering the portal is no different than Marshall checking every job opening to see what he was worth to other programs. Walton and Pohto can go shopping and simply go to the highest bidder. Welcome to NIL. It wasn't going to be any different if a coaching change hadn't happened.

Players want to play on winning teams. It doesn't take a basketball guru to see that without Porter, the Shox were HIGHLY unlikely to be a winning team next year. IB was only a winning coach when he coached Marshall's recruits when that team had been coached by Marshall right up to the start of the season.

Then there's the NCAA tourney going on. WSU's players can watch all the former Shox who are doing well at their new schools and playing in the tourney. There sure are a lot of them! That's a dagger in the heart of the Shocker basketball program. Players prosper when they leave WSU. It started with GGG and continued with IB.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• We have become the minor league development team for the P5

Comment

Working...
                                X