• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
    East Carolina getting themselves some dudes
    They've had a pretty good off-season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
      "BuT iT's TeXaS!!!!!"

Same thing when UT was reportedly courting Marshall.

Doesn't mean Max will end up here, but people seemed quick to right off WSU once the "big boys" got involved, yet he hasn't signed for one of them as of now.

Time will tell.
      I couldn't care less about Texas. I've just always thought it made more sense to go to a better conference where he's almost guaranteed to be playing in March for his final season and have more opportunities to showcase his skills.

Right now, Texas and KSU both offer those things and we don't. Baylor has also been mentioned and they would make more sense too.

I'd hate to see a guy of his talents leave his school and then not make the NCAA tournament. It would be a waste. Us getting him would put us in a better spot and we'd still have three spots left, but I don't see the current roster, even with him, being a tournament team.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I firmly believe that Mike Schwartz is one of the best coaches in the league.

Comment

Maybe Collins signs on with Abmas.

Last two scholarships would probably be filled pretty quickly after that, especially if KP is one of those.
          That right there would definitely please the masses and unite the fanbase. At least as much as it could.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I feel like I’m talking crazy pills. Hold on, I am taking crazy pills.
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Maybe Collins signs on with Abmas.

Last two scholarships would probably be filled pretty quickly after that, especially if KP is one of those.
              IF Abmas were to commit and KP come back, we'd be good at C and PG and would still need a PF or two. But things would seem a little more promising at that point.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

And Tulsa too?
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• The reasons for Abmas to come here make a lot more sense than people seem to give credit. He'd be moving up a league (though not as far as Big XII) but still be 100% familiar with the coach and expectations. He'd likely be in the running for Pre-Season AAC Player of the Year, unlikely to be that high in the Big XII. He would be the focal point of the WSU offense, unlikely (at least as much) at both Texas and KSU.

There are definitely pros for him to come here. The part where we fall behind is likely NIL and tournament chances (though with Abmas, it might pull a few other high level recruits for the last 3 scholarship to make a tourney run way more likely)

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

And Tulsa too?
                    Tulsa too, but they started with basically no roster so they still have a ways to go.

Comment

• Abmas/Cortes
                      Rogers
                      Beverly
                      Collins/Pohto
                      Germany

That would be a solid core. One that should/could definitely be in an at-large hunt

If other bench players can step up/develop; great. I'm sure some will.
                      Last edited by Shock Top; April 25, 2023, 01:00 PM.
                      The Assman

Comment

• My updated Final 4 splashing Dream Team for dreamers. 1. Abmas 2. KP 3. Collins 4. Either of the 2 Oral Roberts portal or both if an opening occurs.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                          I don't know what's happening anymore. This is a crazy roller coaster ride.
                          Anymore.?? When was the time that we knew anything?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Anymore.?? When was the time that we knew anything?
                            I feel like we were pretty solid in the "we're not getting Abmas" camp for a couple weeks now. Obviously we didn't "know" what was happening but it seemed like everyone agreed it wasn't happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

I feel like we were pretty solid in the "we're not getting Abmas" camp for a couple weeks now. Obviously we didn't "know" what was happening but it seemed like everyone agreed it wasn't happening.
                              Still a long shot, but maybe 'Acy' has an 'Ace' in the hole...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                                The reasons for Abmas to come here make a lot more sense than people seem to give credit. He'd be moving up a league (though not as far as Big XII) but still be 100% familiar with the coach and expectations. He'd likely be in the running for Pre-Season AAC Player of the Year, unlikely to be that high in the Big XII. He would be the focal point of the WSU offense, unlikely (at least as much) at both Texas and KSU.

There are definitely pros for him to come here. The part where we fall behind is likely NIL and tournament chances (though with Abmas, it might pull a few other high level recruits for the last 3 scholarship to make a tourney run way more likely)
                                I've always felt like this ^. Everyone acts like it's crazy for Abmas to come to WSU and understand that point of view. Other than TE throwing out cryptic hope I had pretty much given up on Abmas, but he stayed at ORU when he's already had the opportunity to go wherever he wanted for multiple years. He's been extremely successful under Mills and he must have really enjoyed it to stick around that long. Now he has the chance to continue that success, become the instant star of the team, all while stepping up the competition and getting more NIL than he had before. I truly believe the NIL will start flowing when we starting winning again as well (but that's a hard sell to a recruit).

I think Abmas will be very successful wherever he goes, but it's almost a guarantee under Mills as a Shocker. The accolades, playing time, and media coverage will all surround him. Anywhere else and it's easy to be overshadowed by a lottery pick and you're just another contributor.

Comment

Working...
                                X