The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
    Real world: Contractor is hired to remodel kitchen.

Shockernet after two days: You trashed my kitchen! All my cabinets are gone. There is dust everywhere. And the floor is a mess. You suck!!!

Lets not forget that the existing roster wasn’t good enough for our expectations.

Other half of Shockernet: You tore down all my cabinets and all you did was tape some Tupperware containers to the wall in their place. That's ok, I'm sure you did your best. It's probably the best "cabinets" you could find. You'll do better next time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Other half of Shockernet: You tore down all my cabinets and all you did was tape some Tupperware containers to the wall in their place. That's ok, I'm sure you did your best. It's probably the best "cabinets" you could find. You'll do better next time.
      The last four scholarships loom large.

Comment

• There’s still a boat load of unsigned incoming freshmen. I wouldn’t mind bringing in a few since any transfers we bring in are all expecting to start.

Comment

• “Gene Taylor remembers a moment last year when the Wildcats still had just five players on their roster, and he was rightfully nervous. The athletic director had hired Tang after a pair of lengthy interviews, one in Kansas City and one at Tang's home in Waco, Texas, and entrusted him with a program long on tradition but short on recent success.

“I asked, ‘Are we OK?’” Taylor recalled, "and he said, ‘Gene, we're fine. I don’t just want guys; I want the right guys.'”

The right guys turned out to be a motley crew carefully assembled during that hot summer in the Flint Hills.”

Summer. Not April.

Comment

• Mainly, we need the right "4" Power Forward right now, then some depth pieces that will be easier to piece together.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Has anybody tried that Yuengling beer?
              It's very good tried it in Florida a few years back. Got a few in the beer fridge now.

Comment

• I'd say we still need a PG, PF and C and none projects. I suppose the last 'ship could go to just about anyone. But we're lacking depth, and quality, at those positions right now.

Center:

Jacob Germany - Solid stats at a bad school. Should be a solid addition
                Quincy Ballard - Raw athleticism and a bad back. Who knows what to expect

Definitely need another big, especially if Q is a question. Even if healthy, it wouldn't be a bad thing to have a 3rd option as Q is limited in what he brings.

Power Forward:

Isaac Abidde: Raw athleticism with high upside. Unproven to date.

We might need two PF types of the four remaining. Or we're going to see more SF playing PF.

Wings:

Xavier Bell - Doesn't offer a ton. Can be a solid bench piece if he plays intelligently and/or learns to make open shots. Not someone to rely on right now.
                Jalen Ricks - Was supposed to be a shooter. Hasn't had a lot of opportunity but also hasn't shown much. Still has good upside if developed. Not someone to rely on right now.
                Colby Rogers - Allegedly a shooter, but we've been hearing that for years and it never works out. Should at least be a solid player and potential starter.
                Harlond Beverly - Could be a solid addition. Plays D and decently athletic. Not much of a shooter. Upside.

I wouldn't call this an inspiring group, but they could be decent enough to make it work.

Point Guard:

Bijan Cortes - Solid addition. Hasn't done much but played on a selfish team. Has some upside.
                Joy Ighovodja - Prospect. Great measurables. Game film isn't awe inspiring. Project that I wouldn't expect much from this season.

Not really comforting at this point. Definitely need another PG that can play this coming season, either as a starter or a quality backup.

So we have little depth/quality at center.

We have zero depth/quality at PF

We have some depth and debatable quality on the wing.

We have no depth and unknown quality at PG.

We do still have four spots to fill, but we need some contributors at key positions.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I don't mean to get the heart rate up for people, but this was from Kellis Robinette's KSU, Eagle article this morning, This article also said that Tylor Perry was close to giving KSU his commitment.

ORAL ROBERTS GUARD STILL ON THE MARKET

"The Wildcats are waiting to see Max Abmas decided to do.

Abmas, a 6-foot senior guard who averaged 21.9 points and four assists for the Golden Eagles last season, is mulling his options between K-State, Texas and possibly another school or two.

The electric point guard was on K-State’s campus last week. Then he followed that up with a trip to check out the Longhorns. He may choose between them. He may also consider another option, such as Baylor or Wichita State.

Though little has been reported on his transfer recruitment beyond K-State and Texas it would make sense that he might consider the Shockers.

He played for new Wichita State coach Paul Mills throughout his time at Oral Roberts."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                    I don't mean to get the heart rate up for people, but this was from Kellis Robinette's KSU, Eagle article this morning, This article also said that Tylor Perry was close to giving KSU his commitment.

ORAL ROBERTS GUARD STILL ON THE MARKET

"The Wildcats are waiting to see Max Abmas decided to do.

Abmas, a 6-foot senior guard who averaged 21.9 points and four assists for the Golden Eagles last season, is mulling his options between K-State, Texas and possibly another school or two.

The electric point guard was on K-State’s campus last week. Then he followed that up with a trip to check out the Longhorns. He may choose between them. He may also consider another option, such as Baylor or Wichita State.

Though little has been reported on his transfer recruitment beyond K-State and Texas it would make sense that he might consider the Shockers.

He played for new Wichita State coach Paul Mills throughout his time at Oral Roberts."
                    I doubt that is more than an uneducated toss in for the WSU fanbase.

Comment

I doubt that is more than an uneducated toss in for the WSU fanbase.
                      A Twitter account called "Trilly Donovan" has predicted he goes to KSU. No clue who this person is, who their sources are, etc. but he has been correct on nearly every prediction he's made so far.

EDIT: misread his tweet, it was about Tylor Perry.

Comment

• No one knows, until the ink dries.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker43 View Post

A Twitter account called "Trilly Donovan" has predicted he goes to KSU. No clue who this person is, who their sources are, etc. but he has been correct on nearly every prediction he's made so far.

EDIT: misread his tweet, it was about Tylor Perry.
                          That one may have been about Tylor Perry.

But Trilly Donovan has said that WSU is pretty much not being considered by Abmas. Said he would be very surprised if Abmas came to WSU.

So I think everyone who is still holding onto hope should at least be prepared emotionally for when it doesn't happen lol
                          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

That one may have been about Tylor Perry.

But Trilly Donovan has said that WSU is pretty much not being considered by Abmas. Said he would be very surprised if Abmas came to WSU.

So I think everyone who is still holding onto hope should at least be prepared emotionally for when it doesn't happen lol
                            Yeah, and he's said that WSU is out for a while.

Comment

Comment

Actual installation hasn’t started yet. Once it’s all here, then we can review and analyze.

As for me, I’m not worried.

Comment

Working...
                                X