Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I mostly agree.

And on a tangential note, regarding Abmas' NBA draft prospects, I'm not sure he's a likely draftee, especially first round. I seem to recall reading that due to his age (he'll be 23 at draft time next year), teams aren't likely to use a draft pick on him. Of course, I'm sure he still wants more visibility on the NBA radar to improve his stock as a potential undrafted free agent. And that he could definitely do here, being the focus of the offense in a better conference.
    We might know a guy that could give some advise on making the NBA from that position.

Comment

And on a tangential note, regarding Abmas' NBA draft prospects, I'm not sure he's a likely draftee, especially first round. I seem to recall reading that due to his age (he'll be 23 at draft time next year), teams aren't likely to use a draft pick on him.
      I don't understand that. Pro soccer players peak around 27, pro basketball can't be that different? Why would a riskier dude at 21 be better than a dude getting closer to his prime at 23? There'd be less risk in turnover and less risk in performance with the 23 year old.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I know what you are saying but If we don't have a coach and some players that believe in this program more than that it would never get better because no one good would ever sign.
        There's a difference between someone planning to play multiple years and a guy in his final year.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I mostly agree.

And on a tangential note, regarding Abmas' NBA draft prospects, I'm not sure he's a likely draftee, especially first round. I seem to recall reading that due to his age (he'll be 23 at draft time next year), teams aren't likely to use a draft pick on him. Of course, I'm sure he still wants more visibility on the NBA radar to improve his stock as a potential undrafted free agent. And that he could definitely do here, being the focus of the offense in a better conference.
          To big of a word there, had to research.

tangential : touching lightly : incidental, peripheral. tangential involvement. also : of little relevance. arguments tangential to the main point. : divergent, digressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
            WSU is not getting Abmas.

Please Permaban me when they do.

Seriously. Please.
            Incorrect April predictions on Tuesdays resulting in a permaban don't have teeth unless they are preemptive by a mod in his underwear drinking a beer.

Banned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Incorrect April predictions on Tuesdays resulting in a permaban don't have teeth unless they are preemptive by a mod in his underwear drinking a beer.

Banned.
              Probably safe then. I think mods naked, except for a shocker ball cap

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I don't understand that. Pro soccer players peak around 27, pro basketball can't be that different? Why would a riskier dude at 21 be better than a dude getting closer to his prime at 23? There'd be less risk in turnover and less risk in performance with the 23 year old.
                With only 2 rounds 95% of all draft picks based on upside. If they feel you’re closer to a finished product then there is less upside thus the lower projections. Players this buck the trend all the time through UFA and development leagues but as for drafting raw talent usually wins out.
                If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoxFan7 View Post
                  If they feel you’re closer to a finished product then there is less upside thus the lower projections.
                  I guess that makes sense -- try and shelf a player showing high potential before he gets locked in by another club. Do these bets pay out often?

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Probably safe then. I think mods naked, except for a shocker ball cap
                    And a giant tattoo of wu with creative nose placement.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

And a giant tattoo of wu with creative nose placement.
                      I need one of those. My wife would start loving the wu.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Pohto staying is a large piece. If he stays and we get another PG that can be as good or better than Cortes our team becomes serviceable. Collins and Abmas added would be legitimately a season changer.
                        I guess I missed it. Who is Collins? A current ORU guy in the portal? Thx.

Comment

• Collins is a former Top 10-20 player. Played at UK for two seasons.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post

And Tulsa too?
                            They are killing it for that program ! Just goes to show you a good recruiter can recruit anywhere.

Comment

• For those worrying about NIL in the Abmas recruitment, KState's 247 guy is suggesting we have money for Max that KState may not be capable of matching and money that Texas may not be willing to match. Surprised me to read but certainly encouraging.

Comment

• Originally posted by SshockerR View Post
                                For those worrying about NIL in the Abmas recruitment, KState's 247 guy is suggesting we have money for Max that KState may not be capable of matching and money that Texas may not be willing to match. Surprised me to read but certainly encouraging.
                                If true that could be why he added a possible visit to us. Maybe some money guys are coming through in the final hour for him.

Still skeptical, but I guess it isn't over until it is over.
                                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Working...
                                X