No announcement yet.

The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coaches occasionally bring players along, but it's not the norm. They do continue to recruit kids they have been recruiting, though.

Comment

• I believe we are in a recruiting dead period from March 30 to April 6. I don't know exactly how that affects announcements or such but it might be a reason we are not hearing anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
        I believe we are in a recruiting dead period from March 30 to April 6. I don't know exactly how that affects announcements or such but it might be a reason we are not hearing anything.
        That just prevents in person visits. They can still call, text, video chat or any other form of communication.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Thanks, I am so impatient and looking for some reason to relax

Comment

• Originally posted by Wichita Willy View Post
            Thanks, I am so impatient and looking for some reason to relax
            I had to look it up as it's been a while since I'd spent much time on the recruiting calendar.

2022-23 NCAA Men's Basketball Recruiting Calendar and Recruiting Rules

Dead period: During the dead period, coaches may not have any in-person contact with recruits and/or their parents. But communication is still allowed to occur via phone, email and social media/other digital communication channels.
            • August 6-15, 2022
            • November 7-10, 2022
            • December 24-26, 2022
            • March 30-April 6 (noon), 2023
            • April 10-13, 2023
            • May 18-26, 2023
            • July 6-30, 2023 (except designated evaluation period)

*A prospective student-athlete may not make an unofficial visit during the month of July unless he has signed an NLI or the institution’s written offer of admission and/or financial aid, or the institution has received a financial deposit from the prospective student-athlete in response to an offer of admission.
            There's also sections on live periods, quiet periods, contact periods and about anything else you might want to know about recruiting.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I had to look it up as it's been a while since I'd spent much time on the recruiting calendar.

2022-23 NCAA Men's Basketball Recruiting Calendar and Recruiting Rules

There's also sections on live periods, quiet periods, contact periods and about anything else you might want to know about recruiting.
              I wonder what the goal of these dead periods are? Like why did they decide these needed to be in place where they stop in person visits for random periods.

Comment

• I wish I had an answer for that. I'm not sure how it really impacts much at this point.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by Slackpacker View Post
                  Interesting that while many fans seem to equate the transfer portal with a concentration of the best players on P5 teams, there are other voices who believe just the opposite. Instead, the result will be even more parity. Maybe this year, with non-P5 programs showing strong, and nary a blue blood to be found in the Elite Eight, was an outlier. But maybe (I hope) it is a portend of things to come.
                  Dutch is a class act all the way. He has taken what he and Steve Fisher built and ran with it. They have had great success in the portal as well. Rooting hard for SDSU tonight. I know they are not being given much of a chance and UConn looks to be on a major hot streak, but the way SDSU is capable of defending can win them any game against anybody if they execute properly.
                  Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; April 3, 2023, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Targets.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          I can't imagine BYU has featured many Muslim players on its roster over the years. Would be an interesting fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

I can't imagine BYU has featured many Muslim players on its roster over the years. Would be an interesting fit.
                            South Park would have a field day with this dynamic.
                            78-65

Comment

• Looks like North Texas big man has entered the portal. 6'10" Abou Ousmane looks like he could have two years of eligibility. Averaged 11 and 6.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Recruited by WSU out of HS. Averaged 15 ppg / 2.1 rpg / 2 apg for Baylor this past season. 6'1" guard with 2 years remaining. 4 star out of HS ranked #100 nationally.

Comment

Working...
                                X