The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Played at D2 Southern New Hampshire. Averaged 12.4 ppg / 6.1 rpg / 1.7 spg. 6'4" 210 Lbs. Not really all that impressed if legit.

Dammit. No. Been there done that
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Dammit. No. Been there done that
      14% from 3.

salty

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

What was the competition like for Ron Baker?
        Not a fair comparison. He didn’t play club ball. I think competition would have been pretty fierce for him in 2014 if the current transfer rules applied.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Not a fair comparison. He didn’t play club ball. I think competition would have been pretty fierce for him in 2014 if the current transfer rules applied.
          Ah yes .. ever single under-recruited player ever that WSU looks at is now ... Ron Baker!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            No updates, but I'm bored and we still need a couple of players. I think PG and PF. So I've gone through the portal and looked at who is still out there and these are the best I can find. Only looking at people who have played. There are some FR who appear to have RS in the portal but I'm not digging into them.

Alex Anderson PG (Alabama State). From Memphis. A/TO sucks. Not a great shooter. Averaged 10 and 4.5 rebounds last year. 6'6" sophomore. Incarnate Word

Dionte Bostick PG (Cal State Northridge). From Florida. A/TO sucks. Not a great shooter. Averaged 12.4, 2.7 and 3.6 rebounds. 6'2" sophomore. Returned to Cal State Northridge

Tyree Boykin PG (Appalachian State). From Tennessee. A/TO sucks. Okayish shooter. Averaged 10, 1 and 2. 6'1" Senior.

Kyree Brown PG (New Hampshire). From Oakland. A/TO near 2/1. Okayish shooter. Averaged 11, 4 and 2. 6' Junior

Nate Calmese PG (Lamar). From Arizona. A/TO sucks. Good shooter. Averaged 18, 2 and 2. 6'2" Freshman. Washington

Jalen Carey PG (Rhode Island) From Harlem. A/TO sucks. Not a good shooter. Averaged 10, 2 and 5. 6'3" Junior.

Robert Carpenter PF (Kent State) From Detroit. Averaged 16 and 5. 6'7" Junior.

Daimion Collins PF (Kentucky) From Texas. Averaged 2 and 2. 6'9" Sophomore. LSU

Supreme Cook PF (Fairfield) From NJ. Averaged 13 and 8.5. 6'9" Junior Georgetown

Andre Curbelo PG (St. John's) From Puerto Rico. A/TO eh. Not a great shooter. Averaged 10, 4 and 3. 6'1" Junior.
            Southern Miss

Daniel Deaver PF (Navy) From Virginia. Averaged 14 and 7. Can step out. 6'8" Senior.

RayJ Dennis PG (Toledo) From Illinois. Averaged 20 and 6 and 4. Good shooter. 6'2" Junior. (Surprised he's still not committed) Baylor

D'Marco Dunn PG (North Carolina) From Arizona. Decent shooter. A/TO unclear due to limited playing time. Averaged 3 points and a rebound. 6'5" Sophomore

Rahsaan Edwards PG (South Carolina State) From WV. A/TO poor. Eh shooter. Averaged 8 and 2. 5''11" Junior.

Noah Farrakhan PG (Eastern Michigan) From NJ. A/TO sucks. Shooting iffy. Averaged 12, 2 and 4. 6'2" Sophomore.

Guy Fauntleroy PG (Austin Peay) From Maryland. A/TO okay. Shoots okay. Averaged 6 and 2. 5'10" Freshman.

Themus Fulks PG (Louisiana) From NC. A/TO good. Shoots alright. Averaged 9 and 6. 6'1" Sophomore. Returned to Louisiana

Rakeim Gary PG (South Carolina State) From Dallas. A/TO sucks. Shoots alright. Averaged 12 and 3. 5'10" sophomore.

Carte'Are Gordon PF (Grambling) From STL. Averaged 13 and 7. 6'9" Junior.

Lukas Gudavicius PG (Bethune-Cookman) From Lithuania. A/TO sucks. Shooting poor. 6'10" Freshman. (I only put him here because he's a 6'10" PG)

Jalen Haynes PF (Miami, OH) From Florida. Averaged 15 and 6. 6'8" Sophomore. George Mason

Kurtis Henderson PG (Hartford) From MA. A/TO sucks. Shooting is okay. Averaged 10, 3 and 3. 5'10" Sophomore.

Tyler Henry PG (Southern Indiana) From Brooklyn. A/TO sucks. Shooting is okay. Averaged 8 and 1. 6'4" Junior. Louisiana Tech

Marion Humphrey PG (UT-Arlington) From Alabama. A/TO okay. Shooting eh. Averaged 7, 3 and 3. 6'3" Junior.

Gianni Hunt PG (Sacramento State) From CA. A/TO eh. Shooting good. Averaged 7, 3 and 3. 6'4" Junior.

Arthur Kaluma PF (Creighton) From Arizona. Averaged 12 and 6. 6'7" Sophomore.

Alimamy Koroma PF (Cal Poly) From Sierra Leone. Averaged 11 and 4. 6'8" Senior. Portland

Tyrin Lawrence PG (Vanderbilt) From Georgia. A/TO sucks. Shooting is good. Averaged 13, 2 and 4. 6'4" Junior. Returned to Vanderbilt

Caleb Love PG (North Carolina) From STL. A/TO sucks. Shooting is okayish. Averaged 17, 3 and 4. 6'4" Junior. Arizona

Paul McMillan IV PG (NJIT) From Cincy. A/TO sucks. Shooting is poor. Averaged 6 and 1. 6'2" Freshman.

Jaylen Murray PG (Saint Peter's) From Bronx. A/TO not great. Shooting is good. Averaged. 13, 2 and 3. 5'11" Sophomore. Ole Miss

Grant Nelson PF (North Dakota State) From ND. Averaged 18 and 9. 6'11" Junior.

Olivier Nkamhoua PF (Tennessee) From Finland. Averaged 11 and 5. 6'9" Senior. Michigan

AJ Plitzuweit PG (South Dakota) From SD. A/TO eh. Great shooter. Averaged 12 and 3. 6'2" Sophomore.

Zyon Pullin PG (UC-Riverside) From CA. A/TO okayish. Good shooter. Averaged 18, 4 and 4. 6'4" Senior. Florida

Shon Robinson PF (Austin Peay) From Chicago. Averaged 10 and 4. 6'9" Sophomore. Incarnate Word

Yusef Salih PG (Idaho) From Virginia. A/TO okayish. Shooting okayish. Averaged 7 and 2. 6'2" Sophomore. UIC

Ernest Udeh JR. PF (Kansas) From Orlando. Limited PT. Averaged 3 and 2. 6'11" Freshman. TCU

Kevon Voyles PG (Maryland-Eastern Shore) From Virginia. A/TO horrific. Shooting is decent. Averaged 13, 1 and 3. 6'3" Senior. Marshall

Kam Woods PG (North Carolina A&T) From Alabama. A/TO eh. Shooting is okayish. Averaged 17, 3 and 4. 6'2" Sophomore.

Alexis Yetna PF (Seton Hall) From France. Averaged 8 and 8 in '22. 6'8" Senior.

Jesse Zarzuela PG (Central Michigan) From Houston. A/TO horrid. Shooting good. Averaged 16, 3 and 3. 6'3" Junior. Oregon

Very few big splash types left. Some okay backups. Maybe a couple you can groom.

I was way too bored today.
            Bored again, so decided to update a previous post.
            Last edited by SubGod22; June 8, 2023, 11:20 AM.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Bored again, so decided to update a previous post.
              Appreciate the effort you put in to dig this up. One note: Tyrin Lawrence has announced he will return to Vanderbilt.

A few names on this list interest me:
              • Daniel Deaver PF (Navy) From Virginia. Averaged 14 and 7. Can step out. 6'8" Senior.
              • Alexis Yetna PF (Seton Hall) From France. Averaged 8 and 8 in '22. 6'8" Senior.
              • AJ Plitzuweit PG (South Dakota) From SD. A/TO eh. Great shooter. Averaged 12 and 3. 6'2" Sophomore.
              • D'Marco Dunn PG (North Carolina) From Arizona. Decent shooter. A/TO unclear due to limited playing time. Averaged 3 points and a rebound. 6'5" Sophomore
              Ideally WSU adds a guard and a PF to round out the roster. The rest are pretty underwhelming or have zero chance of coming to Wichita (Kaluma, Nelson, etc.).

Comment

• Comment

• Next
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Next
                    Hey Sub, what's the deal with all the house fires up there in Benton???

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Hey Sub, what's the deal with all the house fires up there in Benton???
                      I'm not aware of any. Is this a today thing I haven't heard about while at work? Do I need to make some calls? Has my house burned down while I'm working? Are my dogs alright? What do you know?

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I'm not aware of any. Is this a today thing I haven't heard about while at work? Do I need to make some calls? Has my house burned down while I'm working? Are my dogs alright? What do you know?
                        He took your dogs out of the house before burning it down .. he's not a monster you know ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He took your dogs out of the house before burning it down .. he's not a monster you know ...
                          That's fair, but I'm going to have to go all Bryan Mills on him to get my girls back.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Dogs are fine. Out back swimming with the kids. They have food and water...kids and dogs.

Saw two houses burned in the past two days. Thought about ya.

Comment

Next
                              Committed to Penn State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Ah yes .. ever single under-recruited player ever that WSU looks at is now ... Ron Baker!
                                That’s not what I said, numbnuts. But you’re just writing everyone off based on your little stat notebook.

Oh and every*
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X