The 2023 Official “Jay Bilas No Rules” Transfer Portal Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
    I would assume that Walton is back in the portal. Has he burned enough bridges it is impossible to return to WSU? A lot of due diligence would need to be done I'm sure. The gun issue to me seems to be the most damning for his future anywhere.Of course HCPM seems to run a pretty tight ship so I have no idea how he would view any of this. He was a talent
    He was a talent but has proven he's got some issues. It would be one thing if he went out gracefully but that wasn't the case

Comment

• He already had a history of jumping schools. Throw in weed and guns and he's on the toxic side.

Most posters seem to think that weed is something that can and should be ignored, Guns, while legal, are less likely to be ignored. Weed is so common among basketball players (and has been for 50 years) that it's no big deal unless a player gets caught in a way that the school can't hide.

Teddy Allen had 3 failed drug tests before he got caught with other offenses.

Walton may have put himself on the Korleone Young career path. The rules are different for people obviously in the public eye, especially at schools that have had recent issues with guns and their basketball program.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Not to mention the middle finger he gave the wsu fans on his way out the door.

Comment

• He obviously didn't want to be here, by his ungracious departure.
          Hasta La Vista, don't let the door Hitcha !

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
            I would assume that Walton is back in the portal. Has he burned enough bridges it is impossible to return to WSU? A lot of due diligence would need to be done I'm sure. The gun issue to me seems to be the most damning for his future anywhere.Of course HCPM seems to run a pretty tight ship so I have no idea how he would view any of this. He was a talent

Comment

• Best of luck to JW.

He’s talented and I don’t think he’s a bad person or criminal (maybe misguided), but WSU needs to move on.
              The Assman

Comment

• There will probably a school or two that will take a chance on him, but for a lot of good P5's who have other options, he may be considered Kryptonite. After the options decrease, when the heat of summer comes in, he may find some suitors.

Comment

• I don’t understand why having a pistol is such an issue with people on here. He had a lawfully concealed weapon that he had disclosed to officers when asked. They found his weed (also not a big deal) when the officer went to secure the weapon. Some liberal reporter found it and said “Oooo, booga booga, scary gun!” and you ate it up.

It’s legal and it’s an explicitly protected right and he is free to exercise it.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by SshockerR View Post
                    For those worrying about NIL in the Abmas recruitment, KState's 247 guy is suggesting we have money for Max that KState may not be capable of matching and money that Texas may not be willing to match. Surprised me to read but certainly encouraging.
                    Perhaps we don’t have to actually outbid those other programs. Maybe the loyalty and familiarity with HCPM is part of the equation and he’s willing to take a smaller NIL deal. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      I don’t understand why having a pistol is such an issue with people on here. He had a lawfully concealed weapon that he had disclosed to officers when asked. They found his weed (also not a big deal) when the officer went to secure the weapon. Some liberal reporter found it and said “Oooo, booga booga, scary gun!” and you ate it up.

It’s legal and it’s an explicitly protected right and he is free to exercise it.
                      Not at all, for me anyway. It's a gun and illegal drugs together, doesn't matter if it's personal opinion if the drugs should be legal. I'm pretty sure the right to carry is negated if in the act of misdemeanor or felony.... I think.

Comment

I don’t understand why having a pistol is such an issue with people on here. He had a lawfully concealed weapon that he had disclosed to officers when asked. They found his weed (also not a big deal) when the officer went to secure the weapon. Some liberal reporter found it and said “Oooo, booga booga, scary gun!” and you ate it up.

Its legal but might have been against Alabama team rules. (I had to hold in laughter while typing that)

Comment

• Alabama's coach - Nate Oats - must be a real piece of work. Saying things like - we are no longer recruiting him when he already committed along with the botched handling of the murder. Why aren't the media up his backside like they were FHCGM ?

Just my opinion - but I'll be surprised if he doesn't get canned soon.

Comment

I don’t think most on here have an issue with the gun (probably a good amount of people don’t care about the weed either), but he’s already left and laughed his way out the door.

Why should we be groveling for him to come back? He’s a great player, but he’s already jumped ship. Just because things didn’t work out with his new situation, WSU should roll out the carpet for him now?

I don’t think anyone doesn’t want him to be able to play college basketball somewhere. I, personally, hope he does get on a good team somewhere. The consensus is that WSU should just move on.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

Perhaps we don’t have to actually outbid those other programs. Maybe the loyalty and familiarity with HCPM is part of the equation and he’s willing to take a smaller NIL deal. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.
                              Sir, this is ShockerNet.

We don’t actually discuss what the thread is about here.
                              The Assman

Comment

I’m with you on this one. Additionally ; I’d love to see him back….every player doesn’t need to parade their commitments and departures on social media in my opinion in order to be respectful to fans ( I’m assuming this is what fans are upset with or did I miss something? ). He kept quiet and played his arse off , come on back if you want and for a low NIL deal to offset if you are given a second chance.

Comment

Working...
                                X