Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Check PM

how did we miss this obvious code?!?!
    “I don’t believe in statistics. There are too many factors that can’t be measured. You can’t measure a ballplayer’s heart” – Red Auerbach

Comment

• Ugh would've rather just suffered another year of IB and had money for someone else.
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Mills won 30 games this year. In the 5 previous years at ORU he never won 20 games. I sure hope it’s not Mills. He might be a good coach, but how much of that is his one good player and how much is him finally putting his imprint on the program. I don’t wanna wait 5 years to see if he’s worth a damn.

Comment

• Alright, I'll talk some of you off the ledge here. Paul Mills recruited both Abmas and Obanor. He lost Kevin Obanor to Texas Tech, and his team somehow got better between then and now...they were much higher in predictive metrics this season than they were in the 20-21 season. As in 60-70 spots higher.

This is even if Paul Mills is the guy. He could be, he could not be. But his team was far better than ours this season, and they played in the Summit League.

I have no information to indicate that he's the guy. But I also want us to remain steady as a fanbase, and my goodness, these last two seasons have destroyed that notion, including this board.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Lol, love the meltdown here. This board would have only been happy if 3G was back. I'm personally okay with someone under the Scott Drew coaching tree who just went undefeated in his conference this year.
            "Say it slowly and savor it..."
            Nothing worse than sCUm/sKUm

Comment

• Whose top choice? Lmao

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

He didn't start winning until Max Abmas and Kevin Obanor arrived. It's hard to know if his success is just due to landing a couple of underrated recruits.
                Winning at ORU takes a lot… they basically put all kinds of self-inflected rules on being competitive

Comment

• Originally posted by dahill2424 View Post

how did we miss this obvious code?!?!
                  Oh ****........lol
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                    Lol, love the meltdown here. This board would have only been happy if 3G was back. I'm personally okay with someone under the Scott Drew coaching tree who just went undefeated in his conference this year.
                    No. I would have literally been at least mildly ok with anyone except Spradlin or Mills (from the list of realistic candidates)

I will give him a chance....but this does not give me any hope right now honestly

Comment

• If true, sounds to me like we got our fourth choice after the top 3 decided to either go elsewhere or stay put. I'll keep an open mind but I'm disappointed.

Comment

• If this is true, then the $$ guys forced Saal to get rid of Brown, but then wouldn't commit the $$ to hire a worthwhile replacement.

If this is the best that dropping $60K on a search committee can come up with for WSU...A tank and a half of gas could have pulled that hire off.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushockerdude View Post
                          Lol, love the meltdown here. This board would have only been happy if 3G was back. I'm personally okay with someone under the Scott Drew coaching tree who just went undefeated in his conference this year.
                          I'm not happy with hire and I sure wasn't a "Bring 3G back" guy. There were about 5 others I wanted before Mills. Feels like this was handled really poorly. If it was Mills all along it shouldn't have taken this long

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            If this is true, then the $$ guys forced Saal to get rid of Brown, but then wouldn't commit the $$ to hire a worthwhile replacement.

If this is the best that dropping $60K on a search committee can come up with for WSU...A tank and a half of gas could have pulled that hire off.
                            I feel like money people said "Fire Brown and get Jans".

DONE

Brown you are fired!

Oh ****......Jans.....HOW much is your buyout????

Well ****......

Comment

• Sure hope Saal is a genius. Cause he has a LOT riding on this one

Comment

• Not inspired or happy about this hire if it is indeed him. Willing to wait and see but man this looks like a letdown on the surface. Overall record at ORU of 106-84 (with a 30-5 year this year). That is a .558 winning percentage. Prior to this season had never finished higher than 3rd in their conference. Seems to have captured lightning in a bottle. Was a long time assistant at Baylor prior to ORU. Positives are that he has been to two NCAA tourneys in the past three seasons and has won his conference tournament two of the last three seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X