Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I mean, that’s more likely based on the time frame and the game times in Des Moines. But it still fits a potential candidate as well whose season ended yesterday and was reported by Taylor as a name to watch, so it’s hard not to speculate.
    I have heard that ADKS is on his way to offer Bill Self.
    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
      I think Ben McCollum should be getting more buzz. Outside of Chris Jans, no one else really stands out to me (DeVries, Kelsey, Richey, etc.). McCollum, even though he's been at the D-2 level, he's won 4 national championships and he's only 41. He's also an Iowa/Missouri/Kansas guy. I watched some interviews with him and he's really well-spoken, handsome, and energetic.
      Seems like a Coach Eck kind of hire. Still would much rather have someone proven at the D1 level.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm disappointed no one took up a temporary 24 hour a day job at Jabara so we could have boots on the ground providing visual confirmation.
        We have no money, Better check the Greyhound Bus Station for departures or Alamo for car rentals.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

You gonna be ok when it isn't him? Do you have a 2nd fave or anything? Might want to start preparing yourself, just in case.
          Kelsey

Comment

• Trying to stay positive. But man. If it’s Preston Spradlin we should have just kept IB.

Comment

Seems like a Coach Eck kind of hire. Still would much rather have someone proven at the D1 level.
              Fairleigh Dickinson HC had kind of a rant about successful non-D1 head coaches being shut out D1 opportunities. I agree he needs a shot, just not sure we wanna be the ones to give it to him. Maybe Drake can hire him after we pick off Devries.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                Trying to stay positive. But man. If it’s Preston Spradlin we should have just kept IB.
                I disagree. I’m a big fan of Morehead.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I disagree. I’m a big fan of Morehead.
                  I like Morehead, but enjoy winning shocker basketball more.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShockFan View Post
                    I think Ben McCollum should be getting more buzz. Outside of Chris Jans, no one else really stands out to me (DeVries, Kelsey, Richey, etc.). McCollum, even though he's been at the D-2 level, he's won 4 national championships and he's only 41. He's also an Iowa/Missouri/Kansas guy. I watched some interviews with him and he's really well-spoken, handsome, and energetic.
                    Bad. Imo

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

We have no money, Better check the Greyhound Bus Station for departures or Alamo for car rentals.
                      Then let’s go back to IB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Fairleigh Dickinson HC had kind of a rant about successful non-D1 head coaches being shut out D1 opportunities. I agree he needs a shot, just not sure we wanna be the ones to give it to him. Maybe Drake can hire him after we pick off Devries.
                        He’s apparently interviewed at UW-Milwaukee and Illinois State and was at least considered for UW-Green Bay. I wouldn’t be surprised if SWOMO gave him a shot after they’re done with Ford. He needs to learn the job at that level before we give him a shot or we’ll end up with another IB.

Comment

• One of the things that stands out about Pat Kelsey is that he has won big at multiple schools.

A lot of the other coaches that are reportedly on our radar only have a track record at one school. Not saying that's necessarily bad, just an observation.

Comment

I have heard that ADKS is on his way to offer Bill Self.
                            Is it too late to bring back Isaac or Scott Thompson?
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                              In another day of possibly meaningingless flight tracking… Hawker Beechjet left Jabara arriving in Des Moines at 1:20 this afternoon. Same plane headed back to Jabara at 9PM this evening.
                              Beaker fans headed up to see the game.

Comment

• I am surprised that we only have 4 in the portal. If they withdraw their name we will only have 3 scholarships available counting the high school player that has said he is honoring his letter. If the new coach is Devries and he brings his son that leaves just 2. A new coach is going to have to hire his coaching staff and evaluate who he wants to keep pretty quickly.

Comment

Working...
                                X