Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it’s Spradlin I will be very underwhelmed out the gate.

Unless he was the one recruiting 5* athletes to UK and can do the same at WSU
    The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Ah okay, so there’s a very real possibility he’s a big target for us. Are we happy about that?
      No we aren’t happy with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Taylor Eldridge @tayloreldridge

Drake head coach Darian DeVries Houston assistant Kellen Sampson Morehead State head coach Preston Spradlin In no particular order, those are the 3 names I’ve been hearing are being considered by Wichita State for its men’s basketball opening.
        I’m not there yet, but it’s approaching the point that I’m wishing we’d have given IB another year. He seemed like he was learning how to be a head coach, we could’ve saved however much on the buyout, and all these mid-tier candidates (or similar) would’ve been available next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Ah okay, so there’s a very real possibility he’s a big target for us. Are we happy about that?
          all depends on his opening presser and...................results

Comment

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

Major difference between these coaches. The Northwest Missouri coach has won 4 national titles. I have watched them play multiple times against Washburn. They are very well coached and he can be successful but I’m not sure he has the recruiting connections for D1 (high major) level.
            You are right. McCollum has a better resume as a Div. 2 coach when compared to Kim Anderson.

Ben McCollum had 4 NCAA Div. 2 National Championships at NWMS, and lots of MIAA Championships.

Kim Anderson, however had 1 NCAA Div. 2 Natty’s, 3 Div. 2 F4 NCAA, 5 MIAA Championships. IOW, Anderson was super successful until he went to Missouri University. The stage was just too big for him at Mizzou and the SEC.

it it would be a huge risk to hire McCollum.

Comment

Drake head coach Darian DeVries Houston assistant Kellen Sampson Morehead State head coach Preston Spradlin In no particular order, those are the 3 names I’ve been hearing are being considered by Wichita State for its men’s basketball opening.
              Ok , not Spradlin!

Comment

• What happened to Kelsey?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                  What happened to Kelsey?
                  He was never in the mix, not sure why. Could be multiple reasons, but he never became a finalist and we may never know. Typically it means he didn’t show interest or wasn’t a candidate, but that’s not usually shared. There could have been a conversation had for all we know. Same applies to Richey and others who this board may have preferred.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Not sure how Spradlin is better than IB.

Comment

• Spradlin will NOT get the fans excited for next season and I'm not even sure that he would be an up-grade over Brown. What's the point?

If a goal is to get more butts in seats and $s rolling in, HE IS NOT IT!

Comment

• Of those three, Sampson would be my top choice. I’d take the risk of him being able to build a team to play similar to his father’s. That kind of team the fans would rally around.

DeVries second, assuming he brings his son and that big freshman with him. Hope he could recruit AAC/Power 5 talent.
                        Last edited by Shock Top; March 18, 2023, 09:28 PM.
                        The Assman

Comment

• Someone who is positive natured quote me on how Spradlin is better than IB

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
                            Someone who is positive natured quote me on how Spradlin is better than IB
                            ADKS trusts him.

Comment

247 sports is saying Notre Dame is targeting Devries as possible candidate. Another source is saying DeVries is on campus (South Bend) interviewing.

Spradlin - that would be so underwhelming

Sampson - high risk, high reward

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

ADKS trusts him.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X