Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone tell me which of the candidates mentioned have had a strong hand in getting players to the NBA? And how many?

Comment

• Originally posted by Husker4Shockers View Post
      I think the Shockers are in the same place as my beloved Husker football program was after firing Frost. The program was down so low that Nebraska needed to hire a coach with some national recognition in order to create some excitement with the program and possibly with recruits. They could have hired a young and (possibly) up and comer, but decided to go with Matt Ruhle for that reason. I hope it works.

Wichita State basketball is in the same place. I don't think we can afford to hire an unknown, no matter how good we think they may be. We gotta gin up some excitement with a name coach.
      Huskers swimming in cash. Money is an afterthought. Not a good comparison.

Comment

• Any thoughts on this flight? Any chance a coach is at that regional and it’s not DD?

Could it be a KU fan in Wichita going for the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

DeVries has been more consistent in my opinion. MVC is a tougher league than the Big South. We have two years of data on Kelsey in the CAA, his first year wasn’t so great.
          You're saying that his 1st year (17-15 / 8-10) was not so great. That followed Grant's last year (9-10 / 7-4 covid year) and he got the ACC Boston College job. Does Kelsey get "extra" points for a big follow-up year of 31-3 / 16-2?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
            Any thoughts on this flight? Any chance a coach is at that regional and it’s not DD?

Could it be a KU fan in Wichita going for the game?
            I mean, that’s more likely based on the time frame and the game times in Des Moines. But it still fits a potential candidate as well whose season ended yesterday and was reported by Taylor as a name to watch, so it’s hard not to speculate.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

I mean, that’s more likely based on the time frame and the game times in Des Moines. But it still fits a potential candidate as well whose season ended yesterday and was reported by Taylor as a name to watch, so it’s hard not to speculate.
              I'm disappointed no one took up a temporary 24 hour a day job at Jabara so we could have boots on the ground providing visual confirmation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm disappointed no one took up a temporary 24 hour a day job at Jabara so we could have boots on the ground providing visual confirmation.
                I have two little people to watch at home. What excuse do the rest of you have?

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

That just means you can split the shift 3 ways!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

What happened to just calling them midgets???
                    The Assman

Comment

• 38 job openings - 12 filled

Comment

• Speaking of other job openings, I was talking with a ND fan last night and he said he thought WSU was a better job than ND.

Now, maybe he’s just a pessimist like many of you, but maybe he’s not the only one out there that feels that way! ;)
                        The Assman

Comment

• CJ

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                            Speaking of other job openings, I was talking with a ND fan last night and he said he thought WSU was a better job than ND.

Now, maybe he’s just a pessimist like many of you, but maybe he’s not the only one out there that feels that way! ;)
                            ND is a damn good job. But I do believe WSU is one of the best right after it
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                              CJ
                              You gonna be ok when it isn't him? Do you have a 2nd fave or anything? Might want to start preparing yourself, just in case.
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• I think Ben McCollum should be getting more buzz. Outside of Chris Jans, no one else really stands out to me (DeVries, Kelsey, Richey, etc.). McCollum, even though he's been at the D-2 level, he's won 4 national championships and he's only 41. He's also an Iowa/Missouri/Kansas guy. I watched some interviews with him and he's really well-spoken, handsome, and energetic.

Comment

Working...
                                X