Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post

Again, for the last time, you shouldn't be looking at ANYTHING to do with what happens in a conference. To get two teams over the finish line, you need to start by having enough performance outside the conference. You enter conference play with the conference's NET virtually fixed.

Imagine it is a currency that can get redistributed among the conference members. 10 tickets gets you an at-large, but your automatic bid is probably going to take a lot of tickets themselves. The newcomers are bringing less tickets into the conference than the teams that left. It doesn't matter that Florida Atlantic ended with 10 tickets by the end of the year, the question is whether they brought 10 tickets into conference play. Or to be more accurate, if they brought more tickets in than Houston et. al are taking with them.

And to put it simply, they aren't. Even if we look at the above historical performance of last year, the scheduling is a killer. There is a reason C-USA didn't sniff an at-large this season, and it is because they entered conference play without enough tickets to get two teams over the finish line. We don't have an abundance of NET ourselves; even Memphis was on the bubble for most of the year.
    Again, for the last time, you have to look at the whole year. Which is factored into the NET. Even with the weaker conference, they ended up with higher NETs than UC and UCF and therefore the AAC would have benefitted from having them. The C-USA did have an at-large quality team .. they just also got the auto bid (FAU). UNT and UAB were good enough for NIT.

Not going to argue with you anymore. The AAC will not fall off a cliff and is much more likely to end up with 2 bids (like the last couple years) than 1 bid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

No you don't have to factor that in. They played in a weaker conference and STILL had a higher NET than UC and UCF who go an artificial bump by playing in a better conference.

I agree a couple of the low end adds are bad. The top end will replace the UC/UCF part of the deal well. No team we were going to get would replace Houston.

All of the teams will now have more money coming in and get a conference reputation boost which will help them in scheduling going forward. Its not the end of the world like you are making it out to be. We will still be the 7th-8th best conference like we have been the entire time we have been in the AAC.
      You've derailed this thread to inform us all that poaching the C-USA will keep the AAC's profile steady, with the proof being NIT invites (NET didn't matter to the committee) of the newcomers? I thought we had another thread that addressed that topic.

Comment

• Ole Miss fans are probably all choked up over hiring Beard.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
          Jans just signed a 4* PG at Mississippi State.

https://twitter.com/jhubb_3/status/1...mississippi%2F
          I'm sure he will look great in Yellow and Black too

Comment

No surprise there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Next year, being in the AAC and coming off the year they had it will be easier for them to schedule better in the future. You can rationalize your goal of trashing the new AAC all you want but it still has an excellent chance of being a multi-bid league going forward.
              They could have scheduled better this year. The C-USA isn't so far down the totem pole that they couldn't manage a single top-70 SOS. Let alone the bottom-end SoSs from UTSA and the like. Teams like Utah Valley State, Kent State, VCU, and Bradley all managed better schedules than the entire C-USA. It was a choice to schedule as they did, particularly at the bottom. There is also a bit of inertia in scheduling that will probably drag them down somewhat till they get through their commitments.

Comment

• Whether it's Jans or someone else, Kevin Saal isn't firing IB without being confident that he can significantly upgrade at the position. Donors also aren't shelling out the cash to buy out IB unless they have an idea of what kind of replacement they will be getting. For as disgruntled as some fans may be, WSU was not anywhere close to an "anyone but IB" situation and could have easily retained him for another season given the financial situation.

Comment

Probably a bad sign considering he could have just waited a few days to commit to WSU if they hired Jans. I know the verbal commitment technically means nothing, but still.

Comment

• Someone just went the NBA assistant route
                    Damon Stoudamire spent two years in Boston and was 2-0 as interim head coach.

Comment

As he learned from Marshall; "Never stop shaving."

Means nothing. In fact, I respect that he would be continuing to work for his current program, even if he was working out a deal with WSU as we speak.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Probably a bad sign considering he could have just waited a few days to commit to WSU if they hired Jans. I know the verbal commitment technically means nothing, but still.
                        Wouldn't read too much into that. Recruit isn't going to know. The offer has been out there. Jans isn't going to say no don't commit.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          Seems as if the only coaches mentioned are head coaches now. Jerome Tang at k state was an assistant at Baylor and has done well this year with his one on out the door transfers. Has anyone looked at asst coaches from bigger/successful teams or conferences.
                          The only Assistant I've seen mentioned is Kellen Sampson at Houston. I was also curious about Assistants but I'm into the weeds enough to figure out Assistants like that. For instance I didn't know that Forbes was considered the X's and O's of WSU during the Final 4 until the last couple years after he already was at Wake

Comment

• Sorry guys. Blutz has spoken. We can't get a good coach

Comment

• I threw out some assistants a month or so ago but it didn't generate much engagement as so many on here are completely against any assistant taking the job.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X