Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

If we are getting multiple turn downs then Saal was premature in his decision making.
    Once again, you can't believe media when it comes to these matters. They don't know either, they only put puzzles together and speculate based on tweets and other online garbage. No. different than any of us. If they truly have inside Info and divulge it, they would lose their source.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
      Turg is not an absolute no.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

If we are getting multiple turn downs then Saal was premature in his decision making.
        We are? Who?

Comment

He said "HE'S 99.999 percent sure" ... which makes it's 1.2% accurate.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Turg is not an absolute no.
            Not is Adrian Griffin and perhaps even Chris Jans. A lot depends on the financial package ADKS has to work with. Now are those likely hires. Perhaps not but there is a name for people who claim to be 99.999% sure about things like this and it's not particularly flattering.

Comment

• For reference, the names of the noted individuals alongside some more familiar names:

Chris Jans (age 53) - .7454
              Darian DeVries (age 47) - .7219
              Gregg Marshall (age 60) - .7202
              Steve Forbes (age 57) - .6870
              Mark Turgeon (age 58) - .6353
              Isaac Brown (age 53) - .5875
              Paul Mills (age 50) - .5608
              Kellen Sampson (age 37) - N/A

I'm not making an argument for anyone here, but I am making an argument against Paul Mills. I don't think we want any coach with an overall win-percentage lower than Brown's. Not that win percentages are all equal, but I think that is a clear line in the sand. One lucky Sweet 16 run and one solid year shouldn't erase the fact that five out of six years Mills finished 3rd or worse in the Summit League.

Comment

• MVC/Drake fans on twitter seem to think WSU has no chance to get DeVries as they said he wouldn't wanna go to a school as the same status of Drake
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                  MVC/Drake fans on twitter seem to think WSU has no chance to get DeVries as they said he wouldn't wanna go to a school as the same status of Drake
                  Now that’s hilarious.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

MVC/Drake fans on twitter seem to think WSU has no chance to get DeVries as they said he wouldn't wanna go to a school as the same status of Drake
                    I'm mostly impressed with DeVries's success because of how bad that program has been historically lol

Comment

Well .. it is "All about that Drake"

Comment

• I don’t want someone from the Dana, Wookie coaching tree. Gotta be better options available.

Comment

Hate the Drake

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post
                            Some Darian DeVries facts:
                            • Drake University has only registered 10 seasons with 20 wins in program history. Darian DeVries was the Head Coach for five of those 10 seasons.
                            • DeVries has won over 20 games in each of his five seasons at Drake.
                            • Devries' overall Head Coaching record is 122–47 (.722).
                            • Devries has won MVC COTY twice (2019 and 2021)
                            • DeVries' son, Tucker DeVries, would look really, really good in black and gold.
                            One knock on DD is that the only notable player he has recruited is his son.
                            Keno Davis has one of those other 20-win seasons, and well....
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Once again, you can't believe media when it comes to these matters. They don't know either, they only put puzzles together and speculate based on tweets and other online garbage. No. different than any of us. If they truly have inside Info and divulge it, they would lose their source.
                              I think his point is he believe Saal probably already know who he is hiring, not that WSU has been turned down by anybody.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Now that’s hilarious.
                                Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Since Marshall, I'd say that is pretty much true. Didn't they beat us recently in the NCAA tournament?

Comment

Working...
                                X