Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It's not guaranteed... The kid transferring from Manhattan to West Virginia got denied this year.
    This wasn't a typical transfer since it was after the school year started.
    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

troll somewhere else.
      Having a different opinion isn't trolling. We gave absolutely no effort in our last coaching search. We got an equivalent coach. ​​​​​​As a fanbase, I can't understand wanting to have a search of the same magnitude. A name I haven't seen literally coach in the same building would convince me that we looked outside our own shadow and tried to find the best person for our current circumstance. I'm not saying Jan's is equivalent to Brown, but I'm not convinced he's the best coach we can hire in the nation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

1- Mississippi State does not have the same kind of funding that some of the other sec schools have, which hurts their ability to get to the NCAA tournament.
        They finished 9th in the conference and got into the tournament. Didn't even have a winning conference record. Didn't hurt their ability this year.

2 escalate #1 issue above after next year, due to Texas and Oklahoma entering the sec.
        SEC will probably get even more teams

3. Much easier path to NCAA in the aac, especially with Houston leaving.
        Actually it not. Mississippi State made as the 9th team in conference. SEC is mutlibid conference that just requires you to try to get NCAA bid.

Next year to make it from the AAC you probably will have to win the AAC tournament.

4 - he knows the fan base, the big donors, the school and the area in general to sell to recruits.
        Wichita is hard sell. I suspect there are more and bigger donors at the SEC school.

5- 9 seniors on his roster this year.
        It is a credit to Jans he was able to talk the seniors into staying. He has an easier path to reload with being a SEC school that has $$$ from TV, tournament, NIL.

At WSU the cupboard will be bare next year, and they won't have any of those advantage.

And, not sure if true, but someone said his wife was happy in Wichita.

All of these things make the chances and timing right for jans.
        I believe you all who have your heart set on Jans are going to have a letdown. I try to put myself in Jans shoes, I'm not making that move with $2.4 million + incentives contract from a power 5 conference to move to the AAC that will be back to mid-major status.

Comment

• Guess WSU should just pack up shop than.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

They finished 9th in the conference and got into the tournament. Didn't even have a winning conference record. Didn't hurt their ability this year.

Actually it not. Mississippi State made as the 9th team in conference. SEC is mutlibid conference that just requires you to try to get NCAA bid.

Next year to make it from the AAC you probably will have to win the AAC tournament.

Wichita is hard sell. I suspect there are more and bigger donors at the SEC school.

It is a credit to Jans he was able to talk the seniors into staying. He has an easier path to reload with being a SEC school that has $$$ from TV, tournament, NIL.

At WSU the cupboard will be bare next year, and they won't have any of those advantage.

I believe you all who have your heart set on Jans are going to have a letdown. I try to put myself in Jans shoes, I'm not making that move with $2.4 million + incentives contract from a power 5 conference to move to the AAC that will be back to mid-major status.

I don’t normally belittle others opinions on here but this is a bad troll. Or you have a far smaller opinion of WSU than I
            Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

“Well tanks for nuttin” Danny…
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Well, unless you are Jans.....you can't put yourself in his shoes.

Not saying he will come. But I doubt you know anymore than anyone else on what he would or wouldn't do.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

I don’t normally belittle others opinions on here but this is a bad troll. Or you have a far smaller opinion of WSU than I
                  Point to where I made a false statement.

Have you looked at attendance?

Have you looked at what the AAC will look like next year?

Have you looked at the dumpster fire baseball program?

Have you looked at how many people WSU is paying to not be at WSU?

Hey, I would love to have Jans, just don't see it happening though.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Well, unless you are Jans.....you can't put yourself in his shoes.
                    That kind of stupid statement to make. Of course you can put yourself in another person situation and look at the pro's and con's. It is called discernment and judgement.

Not saying he will come. But I doubt you know anymore than anyone else on what he would or wouldn't do.
                    I am definitely not saying I do. I'm just giving my opinion like everybody else.

Comment

• I can guarantee, more people care about WSU basketball than about MSU basketball. I don't think that is a stretch to say

This city has deeper pockets than mere mortals like us could fathom. They $$$ is there, if you ask the right questions.

Lastly, why be the prince of Starkville when you can be the king of Wichita? Go where you're loved.
                      The Assman

Comment

Point to where I made a false statement.

Have you looked at attendance?

Have you looked at what the AAC will look like next year?

Have you looked at the dumpster fire baseball program?

Have you looked at how many people WSU is paying to not be at WSU?

Hey, I would love to have Jans, just don't see it happening though.
                        I don’t believe Jans will come.

However ultimately it seems like we might be talking about if Mississippi State or WSU is better positioned for basketball success in their conference or in the nation in the future.

I don’t believe that answer is cut and dry. Or certainly isn’t as cut and dry as you make it seem.

If it was that easy to have success there, they would have a Sweet 16 in my son’s lifetime. They don’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                          I can guarantee, more people care about WSU basketball than about MSU basketball. I don't think that is a stretch to say
                          MSU basketball had better attendance numbers than WSU.

This city has deeper pockets than mere mortals like us could fathom. They $$$ is there, if you ask the right questions.
                          If this was true, WSU would have football.

Lastly, why be the prince of Starkville when you can be the king of Wichita? Go where you're loved.
                          It is always better to be the King than a prince

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

I don’t believe Jans will come.
                            something we can agree on.

However ultimately it seems like we might be talking about if Mississippi State or WSU is better positioned for basketball success in their conference or in the nation in the future.

I don’t believe that answer is cut and dry. Or certainly isn’t as cut and dry as you make it seem.
                            It never a black and white. Big thing is we don't know where the AAC will really be next year.

If it was that easy to have success there, they would have a Sweet 16 in my son’s lifetime. They don’t.
                            Maybe they were just missing having the right coach like Jans?

Comment

Maybe they were just missing having the right coach like Jans?
                              Maybe. WSU has more tournament appearances. Final fours. Sweet 16s. Maybe WSU is just a better program.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

To be perfectly fair, Sheri gets along with pretty much everybody, so she's popular and happy just about anywhere.
                                Imagine how awful of a person you would have to be to not get along with that tremendous woman.

78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X