Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turgeon for sure is a safe hire, i prefer to take a chance on someone else like DeVries or Sampson but maybe paying other 2 other coaches, safe might be the best option in ADKS mind
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

That's what I mean. If in the press conference, I get the feeling he is 100% in AND he truly believes WSU can succeed at the highest "level", that would get me revved up to the idea of him coming back.
      Lol I know. I was more just poking fun at his interview style. He never did get me pumped hearing him talk. But he would get pretty damn animated on the sidelines at times and get me pumped.

Of course, after 3 years of hearing Brown talk.......maybe I WOULD get pumped after an interview with Turgeon. Lol

Browns a good dude, but man.......he could put me to sleep....
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
        Turgeon for sure is a safe hire, i prefer to take a chance on someone else like DeVries or Sampson but maybe paying other 2 other coaches, safe might be the best option in ADKS mind
        I also wonder if we could get him "cheaper" than some others. Just because of his current situation and not really NEEDING to coach...etc.

Not saying that should be THE deciding factor. You still do anything you can to get the absolute best coach you can....no matter what.

But it could be a factor?!
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
          Turgeon for sure is a safe hire, i prefer to take a chance on someone else like DeVries or Sampson but maybe paying other 2 other coaches, safe might be the best option in ADKS mind
          What has Devries done? He recruited his son but who did he recruit at Creighton? Turgeon is younger than Marshall. If he gets fired up, he's got at least 10 years.

Comment

• Turgeon has already said no, Jan’s has big time recruits and probably a restructured contract, Sampson will stay with dad until he retires and Marshall is not an option. I personally think our AD has been in contact with coaches he might be familiar with from the conference he was at before.

Comment

• Originally posted by JEE View Post
              Jans has big time recruits
              That's cool, he can bring them along :)

The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by JEE View Post
                Turgeon has already said no, Jan’s has big time recruits and probably a restructured contract, Sampson will stay with dad until he retires and Marshall is not an option. I personally think our AD has been in contact with coaches he might be familiar with from the conference he was at before.
                Well, you must be the most well connected person around here. Step your game up WuDrWu !

I mean you could be correct, and most of what you said is pretty easy to believe/predict.

But I sure hope our AD thinks bigger than just sticking with "the conference he was in before"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

One day away from seeing the next chapter of Nate The Great
                  Such a great show. Almost forgot we have more tonight/tomorrow!
                  Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Pat Kelsey is rhe best man four the job. He is part of the Chris Mack coaching tree and was the starting point guard at Xavier. He is energetic, exudes the fire we need to return Wichita to greatness. In eleven seasons he has won five regular season titles, four tournament titles with a 67% winning percentage. He just signed a new five year contract at $ 1 M per with a $ 1 M buyout, but he is the best fit for our new coach

Comment

• Originally posted by silk View Post
                      Pat Kelsey is rhe best man four the job. He is part of the Chris Mack coaching tree and was the starting point guard at Xavier. He is energetic, exudes the fire we need to return Wichita to greatness. In eleven seasons he has won five regular season titles, four tournament titles with a 67% winning percentage. He just signed a new five year contract at $ 1 M per with a $ 1 M buyout, but he is the best fit for our new coach
                      I could definitely get behind this. But what is his aspiration? He was at Winthrop quite a while, so he isn't a jumper. Which is a good and bad thing. Might be hard to get him?

Definitely a guy I hope they contact.

Comment

• Originally posted by silk View Post
                        Pat Kelsey is rhe best man four the job. He is part of the Chris Mack coaching tree and was the starting point guard at Xavier. He is energetic, exudes the fire we need to return Wichita to greatness. In eleven seasons he has won five regular season titles, four tournament titles with a 67% winning percentage. He just signed a new five year contract at $ 1 M per with a $ 1 M buyout, but he is the best fit for our new coach
                        Not saying Kelsey isn't a great coach, but your grammar leaves something to be desired.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• 3G

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

3G is too toxic for anyone outside of part of the fan base that still loves him. We need to stop looking in the rearview mirror.
                            you must not like winning Dan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                              3G
                              You never know who is lurking in the shadows of those talked about.

I'd love it, but I think the 3g bashing has many fans opposed to that. Which means that WSU wouldn't get full support that they once had. Whereas the right guy may have that ability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                                3G
                                Loved him here. Have a gut feeling if this really happened… it wouldn’t work out.

I kind of think the same thing is about to happen with Beard at Ole Miss.

Comment

Working...
                                X