Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I would if it meant getting away from you, but then again, they don't call you dingleberry for nothing. So **** you dingleberry. No wonder what I post on here is beyond your comprehension.

Here's your translation:

Oh I’m sure most of your posts need translations alright.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Oh I’m sure most of your posts need translations alright.
      Yeah, but not this one dingleberry:

Comment

He probably made the decision in 2022, before the team was playing better, yes. So if that was the case, then to say "thanks, but no thanks" to a potential All-AAC performer or two (I said potential) on a team that might win 20+ games (I said might) next season means the boss better have something better...
        My guess is the first thing he did was to get his financial ducks in order and in place. Who knows when that may have been accomplished. Once that was done he probably had a had a list of performance targets the team needed to reach if HCKB was going to save his job. Maybe it was clear sometime before the season ended that was the case, and maybe not. Absent a clear indication that better times were ahead for the Shocks under HCKB, which is not the case, the plug was pulled. I doubt ADKS is so short-sighted that he would make this decision on what t might happen next year. I'm pretty sure he is thinking more strategically (meaning more long-term) than that.

Most everyone agrees that Coach Brown is a genuinely nice guy but putting everything else aside what is there about Coach Brown that would inspire and instill confidence in you that this is the person to lead your program on whose success the entire athletic department is pretty much dependent on? There are a lot of good things you can say about Coach Brown but the words dynamic and inspiring leadership are probably not among those. And at this point the Shocks need someone who can re-energize the fan base well beyond the next year.

Clearly FADDB made a decision based more on emotion or laziness than anything else and hired a person who was not really ready yet. If he was they would not have had to hire Billy Kennedy.

If you want to blame someone for the place we find ourselves in FADDB is a prime suspect.
        Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 13, 2023, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

My guess is the first thing he did was to get his financial ducks in order and in place. Who knows when they may have been accomplished. Once that was done he probably had a had a list of performance targets the team needed to reach if HCKB was going to save his job. Maybe it was clear sometime before the season ended that was the case, and maybe not. Absent a clear indication that better times were ahead for the Shocks under HCKB, which is not the case, the plug was pulled. I doubt ADKS is so short-sighted that he would make this decision on what t might happen next year. I'm pretty sure he is thinking more strategically (meaning more long-term) than that.

Most everyone agrees that Coach Brown is a genuinely nice guy but putting everything else aside what is there about Coach Brown that would inspire and instill confidence in you that this is the person to lead your program on whose success the entire athletic department is pretty much dependent on. There are a lot of good things you can say about Coach Brown but the words dynamic and inspiring leadership are probably not among those. And at this point the Shocks need someone who can re-energize the fan base well beyond the next year.

Clearly FADDB made a decision based more on emotion or laziness than anything else and hired a person who was not really ready yet. If he was they would not have had to hire Billy Kennedy.

If you want to blame someone for the place we find ourselves in FADDB is a prime suspect.
          No one on this forum knows when the decision was made. I'm guessing it was in 2022 (right after suffering the ignoble loss to ECU), because the firing took place about 24 hours or so after the season ended. Nothing more or less. I just put it out there for consumption, excluding the ignorant trolls like dingleberry. An All-AAC performer and m-a-y-b-e 20 wins next year were possible? ADKS apparently didn't think so. I didn't say anywhere he was wrong. I did say he must make a good hire; a proven winner with Head Coaching experience.

Comment

• I will wait until Doc starts hinting..then we will know something is getting close
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
              I will wait until Doc starts hinting..then we will know something is getting close
              can’T sEe myseLf Leaving Unitl poSts neeD wOrds deCoded….
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

can’T sEe myseLf Leaving Unitl poSts neeD wOrds deCoded….
                Please do

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/shoc...ibextid=Nif5oz

it could be happening....

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    Not in the group, what’s it say?

Comment

• This decision has practically nothing to do with potential success of next year. That’s part of the of the many reasons we’re in this mess, short mindedness to the bigger picture. No matter how good next season might have been it always going to have a glass ceiling just like any season with IB at the helm.

This move shows that we want to play ball in the new world of college basketball. We want to be a top program and that demands getting to the tournament nearly every year no matter the co$t.

WSU and Memphis have a chance to and should be running this league moving forward. Another year or two of meandering in the midfield regardless of “progress” will set this program 5x as fast as it would have just 4-5 years ago.

This move had to be made if we really wanted to be a top 40 program in the sport of college basketball but if you’d rather have top 40 of good dude HC all while complaining NIL or whatever is holding him/our program back as we never getting into post season play then you want different things from this program than I do.
                      If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

Yeah, but not this one dingleberry:

Why so angry?

:(
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ventichai View Post

Not in the group, what’s it say?
                          Nothing of importance.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                            What could?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Why so angry?

:(
                              You better call Father Flanagan. Oh, wait...*

Comment

You better call Father Flanagan. Oh, wait...*

My dog is sitting next to me and happened to fart at the time I saw this. I thought I smelled that guy's ass for a moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X