Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chris jans
    greg heier
    chris beard

in that order. the money is there for the right dood

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'll have to go back and find it, but I believe she's claimed that she never told the police that he choked her. I don't know if I've misread something on Twitter about it or if that's what she's actually said and would need to verify that. Was she misquoted by the police in her initial allegation or has she just taken back that accusation?

You could be right and she took things back because of what you indicate. But it is also possible that she said things while angry that weren't really true. That's not unheard of at all either.

Texas says they fired him for cause. I'm not sure how the contracts are written, but if everything is dropped or proven that the accusations are false, I think they're not going to get away with that.

It is all interesting and could go a lot of different ways. I just hate that we let Twitter mobs dictate so much with so little actual knowledge.

Here is the arrest report for reference^

Comment

And you want to establish a new culture with a guy in his 70s?
        Agreed. If you are over 70, I want you on my staff as a consultant, not as a guy that has to jet set around the country meeting young prospects at a frenzied pace. And I don't want a guy telling me he is going to recruit through assistants. And I want a guy that can go toe-to-toe with Juwan Howard when we play Michigan in the F4.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

That's why WSU needed to weather the storm with fHCGM.

There was less evidence on him than a lot of others in the past, yet he paid a bigger price.

America, and the media in particular, would have focused on the new shiny thing to be outraged about.
          Yep, the bad press was going to be there whether we kept 3G or not. That ship had sailed. Would had it been louder if he was still coach? Probably. But if we kept winning, I can almost guarantee that would have overshadowed the rest of the drama. With that said, who knows if we would have kept winning like we were. All we can say now is that the program is a burning house with no exit plan.

Comment

• Chris Beard instantly jumps to #1.

I loved Jans, but Beard is younger and has coached at a higher level for longer. Also, a Beard out reprove himself might be an unstoppable force.

Both play a band of basketball perfect for the Roundhouse.
            The Assman

Comment

• If nothing comes of the allegations, Beard is probably in my top 5 and would definitely be worth a call. Now, dose the legal process wrap up by March/April? That I'm not sure of. You can't take action with him until that issue is resolved in some way.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                chris jans
                greg heier
                chris beard

in that order. the money is there for the right dood
                I love 2G, but we probably need to see a bit more success at D1 level from him before we bring him back to be our HC. Aside from shooting fiasco, his team hasn't exactly lit the world on fire this season.
                78-65

Comment

If nothing comes of the allegations, Beard is probably in my top 5 and would definitely be worth a call. Now, dose the legal process wrap up by March/April? That I'm not sure of. You can't take action with him until that issue is resolved in some way.
                  That's the key. Even if we ignore the noise. Can't hire him before you know the verdict. Will that be in time?

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Here is the arrest report for reference^
                    Beard's fiance's follow up statement, also for reference.

The fiancee of suspended Texas coach Chris Beard said Friday that Beard did not strangle her and was acting in self-defense from her.

In a statement sent to The Associated Press by her attorney, Randy Leavitt, Trew said she is "deeply saddened" by the incident and said Beard was acting in self-defense from her.

"Chris and I are deeply saddened that we have brought negative attention upon our family, friends, and the University of Texas, among others. As Chris' fiancée and biggest supporter, I apologize for the role I played in this unfortunate event. I realize that my frustration, when breaking his glasses, initiated a physical struggle between Chris and myself," Trew said in the statement.

"Chris did not strangle me, and I told that to law enforcement that evening. Chris has stated that he was acting in self-defense, and I do not refute that. I do not believe Chris was trying to intentionally harm me in any way. It was never my intent to have him arrested or prosecuted. We appreciate everyone's support and prayers during this difficult time," she said.

Comment

• Well if he didn't strangle you then, he will now!
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I suppose Chris Beard is now available to discuss...
                        That fake Dr Lady would not approve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

That's the key. Even if we ignore the noise. Can't hire him before you know the verdict. Will that be in time?
                          The charges will likely be dropped since the victim recanted their previous statement. This is pretty common in domestic violence cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

The charges will likely be dropped since the victim recanted their previous statement. This is pretty common in domestic violence cases.
                            Texas has some weird no drop policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

What is it that Ted Lasso says?
                              I don't know about Ted, but I have heard that Saal and Danny Ainge had a conversation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Texas has some weird no drop policy.
                                Huh, interesting. I read somewhere that the DA for Austin only takes "slam dunk" cases forward and that they likely wouldn't given the developments. Perhaps the charges can't be outright dropped but the DA can decline to prosecute. Either way it won't get far without the fiancée's testimony.

Comment

Working...
                                X