Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who should be Wichita State's Head Coach?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post

He was also the one carrying a gun on a road trip. He took the gun to a location where he was hoping to have sex.

This will not end well. Peake was not an innocent victim.
    Did he have a carry permit? You don't know do you?
    there is such a thing as self defense and it is becoming more necessary these days to carry for that purpose.

Comment

He was also the one carrying a gun on a road trip. He took the gun to a location where he was hoping to have sex.

This will not end well. Peake was not an innocent victim.
      Yes, he very much was. SMH.
      Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

there is such a thing as self defense and it is becoming more necessary these days to carry for that purpose.
        Are you serious? He was on a road trip to play a basketball game. Why would he need a gun. Permit or no permit!

Comment

Are you serious? He was on a road trip to play a basketball game. Why would he need a gun. Permit or no permit!
          I dunno, he may need a gun to defend himself while on a booty run at 3 AM on an unfriendly campus.

Seriously tho, is he 21? Isn't that the legal age for carrying?

Comment

Now it makes sense why you’re so feisty and PMSy. You’re a left-sided blowhole.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I dunno, he may need a gun to defend himself while on a booty run at 3 AM on an unfriendly campus.

Seriously tho, is he 21? Isn't that the legal age for carrying?
              You are right. He is the type of player you must want on your team. Build your program around the superstar Peake. Just your typical 21 year old playing D1 ball. Your guy. Certainly not mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Yes, from my understanding he legally purchased the firearm and had a CC permit.

Comment

You are right. He is the type of player you must want on your team. Build your program around the superstar Peake. Just your typical 21 year old playing D1 ball. Your guy. Certainly not mine.
                  WTF is wrong with you???

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

WTF is wrong with you???
                    Just trying to make a point of Atx’s assine support of a D1 basketball player that thinks it is okay to take a gun on a road trip. SMH

Comment

Just trying to make a point of Atx’s assine support of a D1 basketball player that thinks it is okay to take a gun on a road trip. SMH
                      Don't know the details yet, but in that particular situation it's a good thing he had a gun.
                      I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

So now we're victim blaming a guy who was legally carrying a legally purchased weapon for self defense?

And girls that dress provocatively deserve to get raped right? Or at the very least, they're horrible people who deserve no support or sympathy.

Having the gun on the bus was, to my understanding, a violation of team/school rules. But from the view of the legal world, Peake did absolutely nothing illegal and is absolutely, 100% the victim.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          So now we're victim blaming a guy who was legally carrying a legally purchased weapon for self defense?

And girls that dress provocatively deserve to get raped right? Or at the very least, they're horrible people who deserve no support or sympathy.

Having the gun on the bus was, to my understanding, a violation of team/school rules. But from the view of the legal world, Peake did absolutely nothing illegal and is absolutely, 100% the victim.
                          It was poor decision making .. but you are right .. what he did was legal and he's the victim. Lots of people, especially 19 year olds, make poor decisions when it comes to getting laid. This is just a tad bit more amplified since someone died.

He can and likely should be kicked off the team for his decision making and violating team rules that led to this but legally he probably shouldn't have charges assuming it was his legally purchased gun and he had a CC permit.

Comment

I guess we can add Chris Beard to the list. Let's post his bail and bring him in as a special assistant.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              I guess we can add Chris Beard to the list. Let's post his bail and bring him in as a special assistant.
                              I mean, he'd be the perfect type of hire I was talking about; a former HC (if fired), who is given a second chance at redemption.

Just depends how the situation plays out legally and just how bad it really is.
                              The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

I mean, he'd be the perfect type of hire I was talking about; a former HC (if fired), who is given a second chance at redemption.

Just depends how the situation plays out legally and just how bad it really is.
                                Yea ... unless everything is completely washed clean .. doubt we are going to hire a coach that choked someone considering Marshall was accused of choking a coach. I'm guessing this legality part might take quite a while to work out one way or the other and we may need a coach before then.

Zero chance we grab him until all of that is done.

Comment

Working...
                                X