Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aargh
    replied
    Please name a conference better than the American that would want Memphis. The B12 is looking to raid the P-12. If that happens the P-12 would most likely remove the MWC from existence.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post

You said something like, wait until Memphis leaves… which certainly implies that?

Not looking it up again but I think it’s FAU. They’re doing well this year.
    Imply that it will water down the conference even more? You bet. That has absolutely nothing to do with me enjoying the Valley tournament this weekend.

The AAC has been a 2-bid league for a little while now (am I forgetting someone). That doesn't impress anyone that I know of.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied

You said something like, wait until Memphis leaves… which certainly implies that?

FAU is currently 15 in NET

Leave a comment:

• ShockerExpress
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Did you see somewhere where I stated that the Valley was better, or as good as? Without Houston, Cincinnati, Memphis and UCF who's the highest rated? UAB?

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Done more than pretty good? Lmao......ummm....no
    Yeah, but you gotta' admit it was fun watching the Ramblers wear k-state the **** out...

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied

Without Memphis the American teams for next season have 6 teams in the top 120 of KenPom. MVC has 3.

MVC has 6 teams worse than 200. American has 2.

It’s not even close.
    Did you see somewhere where I stated that the Valley was better, or as good as? Without Houston, Cincinnati, Memphis and UCF who's the highest rated? UAB?

Leave a comment:

• ShockerExpress
    replied

Wait 'til Memphis leaves...
    Without Memphis the American teams for next season have 6 teams in the top 120 of KenPom. MVC has 3.

MVC has 6 teams worse than 200. American has 2.

It’s not even close.

Leave a comment:

• shockerfan
    replied
    The Valley's done more than pretty good without the Shocks.

After Drake beat us 2 years ago in the tourney they gave USC a tough game. Much tougher game than the Chickens did...
    Done more than pretty good? Lmao......ummm....no

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
    Good for Drake. No ill will toward the Valley or its schools. Even with the new AAC, WSU is still in a much better place.
    Wait 'til Memphis leaves...

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    The Valley's done more than pretty good without the Shocks.

After Drake beat us 2 years ago in the tourney they gave USC a tough game. Much tougher game than the Chickens did...

Leave a comment:

• Shocker Mama
    replied
    Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    As much as I thank the Lord Almighty that we are not in the Valley anymore, my wife and I were recently talking about how we miss that trip to Arch Madness (other than the stupid fact that I never was there when WSU won the whole thing).

Even though Fort Worth is just as great of a spot and even a bit closer, I don’t know if that will ever become an appointment destination for us like St. Louis was for so long.
    Yeah, my husband and I were talking about how much fun Arch Madness was. Miss it.

Leave a comment:

• Maizerunner08
    replied
    Good for Drake. No ill will toward the Valley or its schools. Even with the new AAC, WSU is still in a much better place.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied

Perceptive you ain't. I like good basketball. It's a virtual breath of fresh air compared to watching some really bad basketball with teams "chuckin" it up from all over the court.

Phognet. probably has a higher opinion of the Valley than some on this board and for good reason. Well, probably not, but then again, no ever accused the mongoloids on that board of being knowledgeable.
    Good basketball?

lmao

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I loved St Louis and I am as big a fan of the Valley as there is without a rooting interest but I don't see it. I watched some of several games...while there is some good play, it is painful for the most part.
    That conference is as bad now as it’s been. EVER. It’s 16th in KenPom.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I think you’re a little bit engrossed with that league.
    Perceptive you ain't. I like good basketball. It's a virtual breath of fresh air compared to watching some really bad basketball with teams "chuckin" it up from all over the court.

Phognet. probably has a higher opinion of the Valley than some on this board and for good reason. Well, probably not, but then again, no ever accused the mongoloids on that board of being knowledgeable.
    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 4, 2023, 08:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X