X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    The minutes I've seen of both games have been pretty well played from an offensive standpoint, though I don't think the defense in the ISUb/Belmont game has been strong. ISUb has hit 16 threes, 9 from one player, who has 33. He's the third MVC player today to go for 30+.

Bad block call on Belmont, down 2 with :16 to go. Sure looked like a charge on ISUb.
    What a game. Best game I've seen in a while (this season).

Looking forward to Sycamores vs. Braves tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    Halftime
    The Citadel = 10
    Mercer = 27

Citadel is 2 for 27 (7.7%) in field goal shooting.

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    The minutes I've seen of both games have been pretty well played from an offensive standpoint, though I don't think the defense in the ISUb/Belmont game has been strong. ISUb has hit 16 threes, 9 from one player, who has 33. He's the third MVC player today to go for 30+.

Bad block call on Belmont, down 2 with :16 to go. Sure looked like a charge on ISUb.

Leave a comment:

• AndShock
    replied
    ISUb/Belmont is awesome.

Leave a comment:

• WeWillShockU2
    replied
    Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    With the MVC tournament underway I took a few minutes just to dig in to some of their rosters.

As is the trend in that league, there are a lot of seniors on the top 5 or so teams, especially Drake. Their best non-senior is the coach's son, a sophomore. So if the coach goes I see them dropping like a rock.

Belmont and Murray St have some decent production returning next year.

UNI, as much as we like to make fun of them, are basically a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. If Austin Phyfe, who must have missed season due to injury, elects to use his Covid year next year, they may be pretty good, relative to the MVC.

Bradley's big guy, junior (according to ESPN) Rienk Mast is a stud. He's currently playing against UNI in the 2nd round and has 14 points just 11 minutes in. I think he might have gone through their Senior day festivities so I wonder if he's not going to use his Covid year.

Illinois St, who finished fourth from the bottom in the standings, has nothing but juniors and seniors. Not much for Redbird fans to latch on to for next year. They are the anti-Panthers.

Outside of that, I don't see anything else of note.
    Phyfe is returning next year. He had problems with long term Covid. I talked with a UNI fan at the KC tournament.

Illinois State has a good recruiting class coming in next year. I follow the Valley online. I really enjoyed going to the St Louis tournament. I wish we could schedule some of those teams instead of all the SWAC teams.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Isn't Phyfe about 30 now?

Leave a comment:

• RoyalShock
    replied
    With the MVC tournament underway I took a few minutes just to dig in to some of their rosters.

As is the trend in that league, there are a lot of seniors on the top 5 or so teams, especially Drake. Their best non-senior is the coach's son, a sophomore. So if the coach goes I see them dropping like a rock.

Belmont and Murray St have some decent production returning next year.

UNI, as much as we like to make fun of them, are basically a bunch of freshmen and sophomores. If Austin Phyfe, who must have missed season due to injury, elects to use his Covid year next year, they may be pretty good, relative to the MVC.

Bradley's big guy, junior (according to ESPN) Rienk Mast is a stud. He's currently playing against UNI in the 2nd round and has 14 points just 11 minutes in. I think he might have gone through their Senior day festivities so I wonder if he's not going to use his Covid year.

Illinois St, who finished fourth from the bottom in the standings, has nothing but juniors and seniors. Not much for Redbird fans to latch on to for next year. They are the anti-Panthers.

Outside of that, I don't see anything else of note.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by BAShocker View Post

If we lose and UCF loses…we are the 7th seed?
    If we lose and UCF wins…we are the 8th seed?
    Curious, is this right?

Ah, nm…Eldridge just tweeted the possibilities.
    Yea, i think that's all right.

All things considered . i think a Tulsa then Tulane path to Saturday is probably best we could hope for. That needs Tulane to beat Temple the last game of the year. If Tulane beats ECU but loses to Temple tie breakers get crazy at that point for the 3 seed.

Leave a comment:

• BAShocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Temple wins on a FT putback with 1 second left.

If we win in Sunday, we get Tulsa round 1. Next would likely be Tulane.
    If we lose and UCF loses…we are the 7th seed?
    If we lose and UCF wins…we are the 8th seed?
    Curious, is this right?

Ah, nm…Eldridge just tweeted the possibilities.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Temple wins on a FT putback with 1 second left.

If we win in Sunday, we get Tulsa round 1. Next would likely be Tulane.

Leave a comment:

• TrackSuitAndTie
    replied
    Interesting tidbit I heard on the Three Man Weave CBB podcast: as of now it sounds like Dusty May plans to remain at FAU next season. Would be a boon for the AAC if he does.

Leave a comment:

• WuShock Reaper
    replied
    UC San Diego men’s basketball team cancels final two regular-season games, citing COVID protocols
    ​​​
    Tritons were scheduled to host Cal Poly on Thursday on Senior Night, then play at Cal State Fullerton on Saturday, but those games canceled because of COVID-related health and safety protocols

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

For a good time, throw the word "ahem" in the search box at the top of Shockernet.

I don't even have to.....oh, wait.

Leave a comment:

• Aargh
    replied
    Tulane falling off the NIT bubble

With 11:44 left

ECU - 55
    Tulane - 38

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
    Here goes nothing.
    For a good time, throw the word "ahem" in the search box at the top of Shockernet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X