Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Okay, that said, Pete Gillen is tough to listen to as a color commentator. Like nails on a chalkboard.

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    UNCW leads Charleston 27-24 at half. Charleston the better basketball team but UNCW has some athletes…they showed that against Hofstra and they’re showing it again tonight. Really clicking defensively.

As always, CBS broadcasts make ESPN look like amateur hour. Analysts know more about what’s going on in college basketball besides which mediocre blue blood is on the bubble right now.

Leave a comment:

• shock-it-to-me
    replied
    Way to go lady shocks! Men, I hope you were paying attention!

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Interestingly .. for the god-like Bob Richey, this is the first year he's ever won the SoCon or made the tourney. Would have thought he made it every year ...
    I just saw that this morning. First time Furman has made the tournament since '80 I think it said.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Interestingly .. for the god-like Bob Richey, this is the first year he's ever won the SoCon or made the tourney. Would have thought he made it every year ...

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Hahahahahha. You really do make the mongoloids on phognet.net come across as positively highbrow. Congratulations.

The Doctor should have slapped your mama when you were born...

You mad bro?

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

You think?
    Like moth to a light.

What a buffon.

Leave a comment:

• Kel Varnsen
    replied
    Some fun stuff in the CAA last night.

1-seed Hofstra fell to 4-seed UNCW in OT. At points it really looked like UNCW controlled the game, but Hofstra hit some big shots to keep them in it. Somehow, Hofstra beat UNCW earlier in the year by 24.

2-seed Charleston slipped by 3-seed Towson in a back-and-forth game.

Elsewhere, ORU and North Dakota St. won in the Summit League semis and will face off tonight for the title. Max Abmas is still such a fun player to watch for ORU, and their team has been better this season than they were when they went to the Sweet 16.

Louisiana and Furman locked up auto bids by winning their conference tournaments.

Lots of conference tournaments kicking off today and tomorrow.

Today's championships:
    NEC - Fairleigh Dickinson vs. Merrimack (Fairleigh Dickinson has already locked up auto bid because of Merrimack's recent transition to D-1 - yes, that rule exists for a reason) - 6 PM, ESPN2
    CAA - UNCW vs. Charleston - 6 PM, CBS Sports Network
    Horizon - Northern Kentucky vs. Cleveland St. - 6 PM, ESPN/ESPN+
    WCC - Saint Mary's vs. Gonzaga - 8 PM, ESPN
    Summit - North Dakota St. vs. Oral Roberts - 8 PM, ESPN2/ESPN+

Fun slate. Even better that I won't have to stay up much later than 10 PM to watch these.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

And the Valley impresses who? You?

You’re delusional.
    Hahahahahha. You really do make the mongoloids on phognet.net come across as positively highbrow. Congratulations.

The Doctor should have slapped your mama when you were born...

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
    Loyola got to the final 4 for the MVC after we left, but they left for the A-10 and are 10-20 this year. Drake beat us. Sadly, I think WSU has 0 wins in the NCAA since we left the MVC.
    Outside of UCF (bye bye) a few years back, and other than soon-to-be ex-AAC member Houston, what has the AAC done in the tournament? Memphis has done zilch, but I do think that with a good PG running the team this year they can make some noise in the Dance, even with a knucklehead, or two, on their roster. That is something the AAC should hope happens.

It would be nice to see the AAC newcomers make some noise in this years tournament too.

Leave a comment:

• Shocker1976
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
    Watching Furman kill it.

Maybe we should hire Bob R?
    You think?

Follow live Chattanooga at Furman coverage at Yahoo! Sports. Find the latest Chattanooga at Furman score, including stats and more

Leave a comment:

• ShockerExpress
    replied
    Watching Furman kill it.

Maybe we should hire Bob R?

Leave a comment:

• Shocker82/85
    replied
    Loyola got to the final 4 for the MVC after we left, but they left for the A-10 and are 10-20 this year. Drake beat us. Sadly, I think WSU has 0 wins in the NCAA since we left the MVC.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied

Imply that it will water down the conference even more? You bet. That has absolutely nothing to do with me enjoying the Valley tournament this weekend.

The AAC has been a 2-bid league for a little while now (am I forgetting someone). That doesn't impress anyone that I know of.
    And the Valley impresses who? You?

You’re delusional.

Leave a comment:

• ShockerFever
    replied
    The Valley's done more than pretty good without the Shocks.

After Drake beat us 2 years ago in the tourney they gave USC a tough game. Much tougher game than the Chickens did...
    How many wins has the Valley recorded in the NCAA’s since we left?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X