2022-23 Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
    Wow, Bradley just squeaks by InSt. That's the type of game that's hard on the ticker.
    Erik Stevenson lives rent free in your heads. Hilarious to watch. Enjoy your CBI bid, LMAO!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
      Wow, Bradley just squeaks by InSt. That's the type of game that's hard on the ticker.
      InSu hit a 3 with 36 seconds left to take a 1 point lead. BU got a shot blocked with 18 seconds left. Got the rebound, missed a shot, got the rebound again and got fouled with 6 seconds left. Made both. InSU got a 3 off, but missed

One HELL of an ending.
      Last edited by Aargh; March 4, 2023, 05:12 PM.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• As much as I thank the Lord Almighty that we are not in the Valley anymore, my wife and I were recently talking about how we miss that trip to Arch Madness (other than the stupid fact that I never was there when WSU won the whole thing).

Even though Fort Worth is just as great of a spot and even a bit closer, I don’t know if that will ever become an appointment destination for us like St. Louis was for so long.
        78-65

Comment

• Just checked the score on Drake vs. SIU and had to do a double take when I read the last play

"Garrett Sturtz made free throw"
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I hated STL. Haven't been to FTW yet.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Dang Im weird...I miss the Valley.

Comment

• Ind. St. and Bradley delivered. Good game.

One thing I've noticed watching Arch Madness this weekend and that is there ain't been a whole lotta' chuckin' going' on. Well played and smart teams with decently skilled players, almost all of them. I suspect those being outright obnoxious in their evaluation of the Valley most likely haven't tuned in, just the same as when the Shockers were in the conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                  Ind. St. and Bradley delivered. Good game.

One thing I've noticed watching Arch Madness this weekend and that is there ain't been a whole lotta' chuckin' going' on. Well played and smart teams, almost all of them. I suspect those being outright obnoxious in their evaluation of the Valley most likely haven't tuned in, just the same as when the Shockers were in the conference.
                  I think you’re a little bit engrossed with that league.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I loved St Louis and I am as big a fan of the Valley as there is without a rooting interest but I don't see it. I watched some of several games...while there is some good play, it is painful for the most part.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I think you’re a little bit engrossed with that league.
                      Perceptive you ain't. I like good basketball. It's a virtual breath of fresh air compared to watching some really bad basketball with teams "chuckin" it up from all over the court.

Phognet. probably has a higher opinion of the Valley than some on this board and for good reason. Well, probably not, but then again, no ever accused the mongoloids on that board of being knowledgeable.
                      Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 4, 2023, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I loved St Louis and I am as big a fan of the Valley as there is without a rooting interest but I don't see it. I watched some of several games...while there is some good play, it is painful for the most part.
                        That conference is as bad now as it’s been. EVER. It’s 16th in KenPom.
                        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Perceptive you ain't. I like good basketball. It's a virtual breath of fresh air compared to watching some really bad basketball with teams "chuckin" it up from all over the court.

Phognet. probably has a higher opinion of the Valley than some on this board and for good reason. Well, probably not, but then again, no ever accused the mongoloids on that board of being knowledgeable.
                          Good basketball?

lmao
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Good for Drake. No ill will toward the Valley or its schools. Even with the new AAC, WSU is still in a much better place.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              As much as I thank the Lord Almighty that we are not in the Valley anymore, my wife and I were recently talking about how we miss that trip to Arch Madness (other than the stupid fact that I never was there when WSU won the whole thing).

Even though Fort Worth is just as great of a spot and even a bit closer, I don’t know if that will ever become an appointment destination for us like St. Louis was for so long.
                              Yeah, my husband and I were talking about how much fun Arch Madness was. Miss it.

Comment

• The Valley's done more than pretty good without the Shocks.

After Drake beat us 2 years ago in the tourney they gave USC a tough game. Much tougher game than the Chickens did...

Comment

Working...
                                X