Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Realignment Carousel Spins Up again (USC and UCLA to Big 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

There has been tons of articles that there have been talks that Gonzaga is going to the Big 12 since June. Jerome Tang has mentioned that something real big is coming soon in the Big 12. What would Gonzaga choose? PAC 4 and MWC or Big 12? It’s obvious.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ches-weigh-in/
    Navy/WSU and Army/Zaga to the BXII?!?!

Not happening, but would be wild.
    The Assman

Comment

• Also, if UCONN bolted from the BE, who takes their spot?
      The Assman

Comment

• Football is driving realignment. Who is going to take UConn? BXII would get northerly east coast exposure, but it would reduce the $$ share for every other school unless UConn made a deal for less $$, which would guarantee their cellar dwelling on a permanent basis. They'd be the football equivalent of the KC Royals.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• It appears increasing likely we are heading to a Pac-4-AAC merger... and we will not be left out of that if at all possible, book it.

Stanford
          Cal
          Wazzu
          Oregon State
          Colorado St
          AFA
          San Diego St
          Boise
          Navy/Wichita
          Temple
          Rice
          SMU
          Memphis
          USF
          likely one of Tulsa/ECU/UNLV. Depending on if they can get votes to dissolve/merge the AAC

With a big payday from Apple, not to mention forming one of the best baseball conferences.

Best case scenario. We need it. Need Saal to keep us involved in these discussions which I have no doubt he is.

Will be a fun ride. Go Shox
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Not sure how they could possibly get the votes to dissolve/merge the AAC when that scenario leaves FAU, UAB, UNT, UTSA, Charlotte, Tulane & either Tulsa or ECU both of whom are likely to say What in the ACTUAL EFF.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Not sure how they could possibly get the votes to dissolve/merge the AAC when that scenario leaves FAU, UAB, UNT, UTSA, Charlotte, Tulane & either Tulsa or ECU both of whom are likely to say What in the ACTUAL EFF.
              Why in the world would Tulane be excluded? AAU institution in a major city. Easily a fit with Stanford/Cal.
              78-65

Comment

• People that still pine for the MVC… There is a, idk 35? percent chance Wichita State is about to be in the same conference as Stanford.

Think whatever you want - that doesn’t happen in the MVC. And it’s pretty wild.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Why in the world would Tulane be excluded? AAU institution in a major city. Easily a fit with Stanford/Cal.
                  Yea Tulane is in any version of the next form of the PAC

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                      It appears increasing likely we are heading to a Pac-4-AAC merger... and we will not be left out of that if at all possible, book it.

Stanford
                      Cal
                      Wazzu
                      Oregon State
                      Colorado St
                      AFA
                      San Diego St
                      Boise
                      Navy/Wichita
                      Temple
                      Rice
                      SMU
                      Memphis
                      USF
                      likely one of Tulsa/ECU/UNLV. Depending on if they can get votes to dissolve/merge the AAC

With a big payday from Apple, not to mention forming one of the best baseball conferences.

Best case scenario. We need it. Need Saal to keep us involved in these discussions which I have no doubt he is.

Will be a fun ride. Go Shox
                      UNLV and add Tulane to get to 16 schools.
                      The Assman

Comment

• Yes, are there reasons that the Navy/WSU combination doesn't stay intact? I doubt Navy really wants to change all sports for their conference athletics.

Also, I have been looking at X/Twitter a lot, simply using "Wichita State" as a search term. There a lot of great info from WSU, but also interesting comments from others across the country about conference realignment. Most tweets are positive about WSU but not all. There are some positives about WSU and the Big East, but also more than 50% negative.

I don't really look at who is tweeting; whether they are just sports fans, or sports bloggers, or sports journalists that I've never heard of. Over all the comments are positive about WSU athletics, sometimes more positive than WSU fans. Though I understand the sense of dread/skepticism from "us."

At the risk of being a homer, usually, all of our sports seem to compete well against Power 5. As an example, though we didn't get a single point at the men's NCAA track championship, remember we did beat perennial power House in the AAC track championship. (Houston ended up #14 at the championship meet.)

I guess I don't see WSU being jettisoned if AAC adds some or all of the remaining PAC 4 teams. As for Cal and Stanford and academics; I realize it is a legit issue, but if they are really considering the West Coast Conference or Mountain West, give me a break.

Comment

• WSU/Navy is a solid duo. Lots to like for what you’d get from all sports.

Think both shouldn’t have to worry in a shake up.
                          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post
                            Stanford
                            Cal
                            Wazzu
                            Oregon State
                            Colorado St
                            AFA
                            San Diego St
                            Boise
                            Navy/Wichita
                            Temple
                            Rice
                            SMU
                            Memphis
                            USF
                            I'm on board with that! I know earlier I said I wasn't to keen on adding the Berkeley schools...but heck yeah...if that scenario brings Colorado St,
                            San Diego St, Boise, AFA and possibly UNLV with 'em...and withdrawals all the directional add-ons from the last go around...then by all means...DO IT!!!!
                            FINAL FOURS:
                            1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                            1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                            Number of Times Ranked: 157
                            Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                            Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                            Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                            #3 - Dec. 2017
                            #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                            #2 ~ March 2014
                            Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• If he pulls this off, Aresco might be my write-in candidate for POTUS.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X